1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Ancient Chinese secret.

Cape futzing.

126a9cb0.jpg

86df0557.jpg

Great figure, love em, truly a masterpiece, finally the best Superman is on our shelves.

But I was really looking forward to displaying the awesome box (and it is), but the main box came with creases and the blue box base also came with many creases. :gah: What the.....!

Will SS let me keep the figure, crystal and regular base and his hands, but return the box for a replacement box....LOL :lol

Last edited:

Anybody thinking of putting him on a more bulkier body? I might try it, which TT body to get though?

Great figure, love em, truly a masterpiece, finally the best Superman is on our shelves.

But I was really looking forward to displaying the awesome box (and it is), but the main box came with creases and the blue box base also came with many creases. :gah: What the.....!

Will SS let me keep the figure, crystal and regular base and his hands, but return the box for a replacement box....LOL :lol

The banner that goes around the box came all tore up on mine so I sent in for a replacement. I haven't heard back yet though, but I don't see why they wouldn't.

I have mine displayed with the box, but I am starting to think the box is overpowering the figure.

IMG_3489.jpg

Mine is going back.

After cape futzing.... (thing just came out like a snake) Wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary.

WTF! (guess i gotta wait about 2 more week to enjoy supes again what a tease!)

Also had a really loose right arm joint, that didn't really bother me.

003-2.jpg

It can't be put back into the cape?

Tried keeps coming out. And honestly for 200$, it's going back.

Anybody thinking of putting him on a more bulkier body? I might try it, which TT body to get though?

It's already bigger than the real Reeve. :dunno

The banner that goes around the box came all tore up on mine so I sent in for a replacement. I haven't heard back yet though, but I don't see why they wouldn't.

I have mine displayed with the box, but I am starting to think the box is overpowering the figure.

IMG_3489.jpg

Crystals on the box should be coming out of the ground rather than the sheild, unless you're breaking from conventional display tactics.

Crystals on the box should be coming out of the ground rather than the sheild, unless you're breaking from conventional display tactics.

thanks, got it fixed now.

Tried keeps coming out. And honestly for 200$, it's going back.
As you don't really need the cape to be pose able that high on his shoulders, you can always just cut the wire. But for $200. I can understand if you rather get a replacement.

How low does that kryptonite hang? I've seen pictures where it goes all the way down to his superjunk. I think that'd make him infertile.

IMG_3489.jpg

I'd say the box is a little too much and does take away from the figure and base display. As much as I like the box, and I do it's great, I just think it needs to go away. Just my opinion of course.

Well, if anyone wants their box to "go away"....I'll buy it from you! I am putting together this figure piece by piece. The last two pieces I need now are the head sculpt and boots. But I really want the box too! :wave

Definately takes away from the figure, but I will still be posing the box, just not around any figures.

It looks great next to all of my "Art of" books. :rock

hahahahahahahha

i just saw what I wrote. (idiot me for not reading it over). screw it, I want one longer! hahhaa I want this guy to be high as hell over my reg figures lol.

Well, if anyone wants their box to "go away"....I'll buy it from you! I am putting together this figure piece by piece. The last two pieces I need now are the head sculpt and boots. But I really want the box too! :wave

I've seen that you do that often... putting together figures piece by piece. Isn't that more expensive or at least the same as buying the whole figure all together? :dunno

Still haven't come around to liking the Superman box. I don't get the appeal, looks really tacky to me.

I've seen that you do that often... putting together figures piece by piece. Isn't that more expensive or at least the same as buying the whole figure all together? :dunno

I would have thought so. The one time I did it it was almost certainly more expensive building it up piece by piece....and I still never got the box (Barney Ross)

IMG_3489.jpg

If you could be bothered a piece of semi-transparent clear acrylic between the box and figure would mute the colours while still showing the box graphics?

I think it displays well as an extra but I doubt I'll ever have him wearing it while displayed. For me it was worth the $.

Where did you get the mini poster from :yess: been looking but all the ones i can find are A4 size:dunno

Oh, grrr! I'm getting the SSC exclusive of this figure (final payment this week! :yess:) and I'm one of those people who really likes the box and wants to display it somehow, though not behind Supes himself (was thinking about it, but having seen the pic by csi, I've decided that it does overshadow the figure), BUT - that stupid SS exclusive sticker just doesn't look right! Didn't it occur to them that with such unique packaging, a few collectors might want to use it for a display piece? Couldn't they have put the sticker someplace less obnoxious than smack on the emblem, like on the side of the box or something? Silly Sideshow, I thought you'd be more OCD collector friendly! :nono

Back