1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

That is nothing more than distortion from light reflection, like HT is going to showcase this epic figure with crosseyed paint apps.

Geesh! Get a grip, man. :lol

Well, if you see it differently, that's quite alright, to each his own. :wave

I haven't bought a boxed figure in a long long while, and at $210, this will definitely be my last. Getting too rich for me, but this is the perfect one to go out on.

FYI, I entered some Sideshow contest about a week ago (through Facebook, maybe?), and Sideshow sent me a $15 code that I used on the Exclusive version of this.

Count me as another "exclusive ordered". No need for a second figure. I don't see the point. However, if a DX and/or a stand alone Clark Kent does come out eventually, then I'll gladly have that in addition to this one. No regrets at all when it comes to Christopher Reeve Superman.

This!

I'm so happy to have been able to order this. I've been limiting my 1/6 purchases to 'must have' items only.

Wow, this one snuck up on me, I just happened to be checking FB and saw that it was up. No free shipping on the Ex sucks because it'll be $20 in tax and the shipping to me from SSC on a standard HT has recently been around $11. So I have to decide if the Kryptonite rock is worth the extra $31 since I probably will never display it anyway....

Happy to have this on order though but I will say it feels a little weird to have a DC HT figure on order from SSC.

Looks like a winner! Looks like the price are going up. Then again sideshow and hot toys will donate some of the money to charity. In that case I'll take four , donating feels good.:monkey3

Ex order secured and shelf space is cleared!!:panic:

With all the possible poses I wonder how the suit material will hold up? Also, seems like he could've benefited from posable ankles, especially for flying poses. They should've went the DX Spiderman route on this point. Then again it could have some give like DX Bats?

So if you live in canada, can you order the exclusive or not?

Ordered the Exclusive. I dont generally use sideshow cos it ends up costing too much but i needed the flexpay option. I guess sideshow does have its pluses. :)

There is a guy on Ebay Claiming it will be ready to ship in 30 days. Terrible how they scam people who don't know better.

https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-SUPER...082?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0a47c042

Yeah, i cant stand goodshipped. I've never had a good transaction with them. And they always put that "available in 30 days" but if you pre-order it and then they get their stock in and list some as "in-stock" then they send out the in stock orders first. And those who pre-order have to wait for a while. Its messed up. Cant stand them. Rant over. :lol

Absolutely agreed. I'm going to do my part to honor the memory of Reeve by saying this likeness is NOT adequate. No one who's seen the movie enough times to be able to recite full scenes by heart like I have could think so. The only people who could think the likeness needs no improvement are people who have maybe seen the movie once or twice and not for many years. Most of the likeness is just fine, but the eyes are WRONG and they are an extremely important part as far as I'm concerned.

This is Wasian Supes. The eyes look more like Keanu Reeves than Christopher Reeve. Giving likenesses of other races an asian look to the eyes is a common problem with likenesses from some of these otherwise great asian sculptors. It's their Achilles heel. I've seen worse instances than this one, but it is the same issue here. I don't mean to slam Hot Toys who has absolutely raised the bar to the point where we can actually expect perfect likenesses for the first time. And they have delivered them in the past. But this is NOT one of those times. Unfortunately it doesn't seem any better in the medium shots than it does in close-up, and the extra lighting in these pictures has only highlighted its inadequacy more.

It's all the more frustrating because everything else about the figure is great. And we know we may never get another figure of this quality made of Reeve's Superman again, especially with a new movie and a new Superman coming up, who has a chance to become the new icon and cement Reeve firmly into the nostalgic past. So because of that I REALLY HOPE they revisit this likeness. Reeve deserves better and this is the one shot to get it 100% right.

Now this is the quote that comes from an artistic mind. Kudos to you for being the brave and correct soul that you are. An excellent description and post.:exactly::goodpost::clap:yess:

Well at first I didn't really care that much about the exclusive, so I was gonna order thru AE, but after shipping it was almost the same price as the exclusive. Glad to say this will be my first sideshow exclusive. :yess:

Did you report him? What would be even more terrible, is if you took the time to post all that stuff here and didn't. :lol

As Rodney Dangerfield once said. I'm a Lover not a Fighter..

I just report the news not make it.

I contacted sideshow regarding the exclusive and they said that they wont ship the exclusive to canada. Thats so unfair to us canadians, i mean they ship to europe, but not northern america??:cuckoo: Im going to have to pay high taxes and shipping when i order from toys2:gah:

Oh well this figure is worth every penny.

What's the best price for him online? Alter Ego has him for $188.99

Back