1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Well, I had to cancel. These last few pics just about does it for me (or rather, doesn't do it for me).

This figure is awful. From the ill fitting clothes to the atrocious head sculpt, it just isn't a good figure. $200 plus? Give me a break. I mean, I could forgive a couple of things but that head sculpt completely ruins the overall look. It is just so bad.

I mean you guys are crazy if you think it looks anything like Harrison Ford.

Are you being facetious or did you genuinely post in the wrong thread?:rotfl:lol

Agreed...head sculpt is all wrong. A man has got to know his limitations.

clint-eastwood-as-superman.jpg

Well, I had to cancel. These last few pics just about does it for me (or rather, doesn't do it for me).

This figure is awful. From the ill fitting clothes to the atrocious head sculpt, it just isn't a good figure. $200 plus? Give me a break. I mean, I could forgive a couple of things but that head sculpt completely ruins the overall look. It is just so bad.

I mean you guys are crazy if you think it looks anything like Harrison Ford.

:rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl :clap

Are you being facetious or did you genuinely post in the wrong thread?:rotfl:lol

To the Indiana Jones thread you go. Venture there and find the answers you will.

I have to admit the lighting in OMG's pics does highlight some of the similarities between the two, but is there really still a debate that this is a different/tweaked sculpt? Don't make me post more comparison pics! :lol

Yeah. And the similarities are glaring. What my post said was that the changes were minor, if they were there at all. In the original 'new sculpt' shots, the difference was what stood out, as well as in all of the other inhand shots. But OMG's pics look almost identical to the SDCC shots.

All I'm saying is that the 'original' was not so far off. Lighting did have a lot to do with the perception of both sculpts, because the change from one to the next was negligible.

And for the record, I was one of the first people in this thread to be certain that the sculpt was changed. I was also one of the people happy with the prototype pics. In the end, I'm impressed that it needed so little work.

If you can't see the changes after all these pics from the prototype, you really need to go see an eye Dr.

English a second language, or what? :dunno

Damn, these new pictures look amazing. I can not wait to get this. :D

You picked well ordering this one Jen... although the bar may now be set too high for future 1/6 figures :lol

Yeah. And the similarities are glaring. What my post said was that the changes were minor, if they were there at all. In the original 'new sculpt' shots, the difference was what stood out, as well as in all of the other inhand shots. But OMG's pics look almost identical to the SDCC shots.

All I'm saying is that the 'original' was not so far off. Lighting did have a lot to do with the perception of both sculpts, because the change from one to the next was negligible.

And for the record, I was one of the first people in this thread to be certain that the sculpt was changed. I was also one of the people happy with the prototype pics. In the end, I'm impressed that it needed so little work.

English a second language, or what? :dunno

Actually it is a third language for me. :clap So what?

You picked well ordering this one Jen... although the bar may now be set too high for future 1/6 figures :lol

I agree and with my rewards points I got it for a hell of a deal. :yess: This will most likely be my only super hero figure and I'm very, very pleased with how it turned out.

So, get better at it. I said that the differences were evident; just far more subtle than they initially appeared to be. Subtle enough, in fact, that the two sculpts could be mistaken for the same one. I can see the differences in the right lighting, but not in all lighting.

I think people underestimated the original one, is all. It was much closer than it was given credit for.

I agree and with my rewards points I got it for a hell of a deal. :yess: This will most likely be my only super hero figure and I'm very, very pleased with how it turned out.

Well if you can only have on super hero on the shelf... makes sense you'd go with Superman :lol

It does. Reeve's Superman was almost like the character walked off the pages of the comic. This great a figure of him makes this very close to the most iconic superhero figure ever made.

Damn...that looks so awesome.

Honestly, I prefer the other batch of pictures to OMG's. No offense OMG. Something about the lighting in the others brings out the Reeve in the sculpt.

Back