1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Ohh, they don't always.

:lecture

Possible, but I reckon Arnie can do at least two things at one time. His whole working day devoted to refining a single sculpt at the expense of another? Mmmnot with you on that one :)

So you think he's not also under pressure to work on a bunch of the gazillion announced licenses that are in the pipeline?

Comes round to the same thing, HT has simply too much on their plate. A major miss was only a matter of time, and I can see the misses increase as a proportion over coming months given the fact that they now also want to play the 1/4 game :rotfl

Either they need to double their workforce, or pull some miracle

...if that sculpt was changed, it wasn't changed much.

After seeing OMG's pics, I can barely tell the difference between them now. Wouldn't surprise me on bit if that was the same sculpt as before. :monkey1

I would reccomend an eye test in that case. :dunno

So you think he's not also under pressure to work on a bunch of the gazillion announced licenses that are in the pipeline?

Comes round to the same thing, HT has simply too much on their plate. A major miss was only a matter of time, and I can see the misses increase as a proportion over coming months given the fact that they now also want to play the 1/4 game :rotfl

from what i have seen so far in my eyes, the biggest miss so far is Indy, and that's based on bad pics, but to me its off and has been since the proto...everything else that ive seen looks good and in the case of 89 Bats Keaton and Nicholson look spectacular

...if that sculpt was changed, it wasn't changed much.

After seeing OMG's pics, I can barely tell the difference between them now. Wouldn't surprise me on bit if that was the same sculpt as before. :monkey1

So is it a new HS or a tweaked one? I thought a couple of angles looked quite similar.

BTW - I've just seen the backstage pic of the Indy figure. HT have really dropped the ball on that. Makes me appreciate the changes made to Supes. They're getting smashed.

I think you're right about it making 1% difference. They probably always intended to tweak/fix it. It's all very clever marketing.

Sure the artists know it's off. Releasing a proto that is sub-par generates discussion (600+ pages here alone). Gets people talking and thinking Hot Toys. Regardless of your point of view, we're all doing exactly what they want - discussing the figure.
that would be a brilliant strategy, and props to you for thinking that way. i just dont think ht is that clever or that manipulative. they're just being their nitpicky selves and keep tweaking and re-tweaking sculpts. so it's a baffling mystery to me why indy is left alone in his subpar exsitence.

any conspiracy theorist here want to offer a view?

images
m93k0.gif

:lol

but...

tumblr_lpuxx5avRX1ql9vilo1_500.gif

It didn't. So don't.

I'm not sure of that either. If that was the case, all the complaining on Indy would of changed something but it didn't. Not for the good at least.

He can't have too much on his plate if he's sculpting personal 1/4 scale Reeve heads (suspicious)

Looks perfect. HT does it again KING OF 1/6!

HEY!:mad: No picture quoting!!! :thwak:thwak:thwak:thwak

:rolleyes2

What he did is fine its when the entire set of pics is quoted in post after post all on the same damn page. Especially frustrating if you're browsing on a phone.

So beautiful. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

:rotfl :lecture

thats the pose for mine :clap,it looks epic ,can anyone say if supes has a undershirt ,kinnda like spideys ,as the joints dont seem as pronounced as i would have expected ,not as toy like looking ,or if the abs section is padded ,what ever they did it looks fantastic ,thank for the pictures and keep them comeing

Back