1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

This is stupid.

At least it's not photoshops about dimples 1/2 a millimeter off.

It's pretty damn close.

When it arrives, it arrives. Then we'll all have the various angles, perspectives and lighting at our disposal.

Unfortunately all the excitement for this Superman died months ago for me due to collectors being a superstitious and finicky lot. Everyone pumped the fun out of owning this guy with their complaining. I'm looking forward to the end of this figure's life cycle. From the original announcement (all those months of _____ing and moaning, "where's our figure, where's our figure") to the spec/pics (the fussing and photoshop pics, "it's here, but they could do better!") and now the convention display pics (arguments on whether it has been revised or not, "it's revised, REJOICE, no it's not and the symbol is still wrong") it has been nothing but hell.

I'm sure when this finally ships to everyone the general mood will be no different. I have my fingers crossed that this doesn't have QC issues so I don't have to see pages and pages of even more bickering and complaints.

This is fun.
And this figure is awesome.

I hate when someone tells everyone not to talk about something.
If you don't like a conversation in a thread, don't tell everyone they shouldn't be having it,
Just ignore it and move along?

There are lots of other threads in here.
Where would we be without the sniping, _____ing and crazy speculation in HT threads?
It's all part of the plan.

Last edited:

It's pretty damn close.

When it arrives, it arrives. Then we'll all have the various angles, perspectives and lighting at our disposal.

Unfortunately all the excitement for this Superman died months ago for me due to collectors being a superstitious and finicky lot. Everyone pumped the fun out of owning this guy with their complaining. I'm looking forward to the end of this figure's life cycle. From the original announcement (all those months of _____ing and moaning, "where's our figure, where's our figure") to the spec/pics (the fussing and photoshop pics, "it's here, but they could do better!") and now the convention display pics (arguments on whether it has been revised or not, "it's revised, REJOICE, no it's not and the symbol is still wrong") it has been nothing but hell.

I'm sure when this finally ships to everyone the general mood will be no different. I have my fingers crossed that this doesn't have QC issues so I don't have to see pages and pages of even more bickering and complaints.

You could always take a break from the thread if it's taking that much of the fun out of it for you. I'm still having fun with the figure, and everyone's just trying to show it's a new sculpt, which from what we've seen is even better than the last. I think people are going to be happy with this figure myself. And, even if in some twilight zone the sculpt isn't new, the new pics show the old one looks great in normal lighting. Win-win IMO.

Party-poopers aside, I'm more excited for this figure than ever! :fireworks :yess:

I couldn't give a toss what the general discussion is like. The minute I feel my enjoyment in these things is being diminished by what others write or think is the minute I stop reading these threads. As it is I get my jollies reading about how much angst the size of a logo is causing some people, and how anyone could be bothered to illustrate the angle on the kiss-curls of two pics of a doll. I was happy with this figure when the first pics were revealed and I'm still happy about it. I can't wait to have this on my shelf :)

I know, I was being a bit sarcastic. My gripe is with the nerds that fuss about details to miniscule you wanna slap them.

Ah c'mon mate, it's all a bit of fun, this stuff keeps the anticipation alive for these figures.
:hi5:

Party-poopers aside, I'm more excited for this figure than ever! :fireworks :yess:

I've been excited for this guy start to grow impatient for him to arrive haha:gah::rotfl

^^^Holy crap that's awesome! Haven't seen that yet! :panic:

Poor mag - always playing catchup :lol

Wait until he sees Arkham City Nightwing.

Mind%2BBlown.gif

My head is spinning from 20 pages of catching up on this thread...with that said her is what I learned/noticed: S curl is different, the mouth has been changed and Maglor is always a day late, JK lol.

:goodpost:

If you look at that cover and the linework you can tell they had another artist re-draw the superman suit, the style is way dif. DC didn't like the way Jack drew the costume, esp. the S. He had his own way of doing it.

Yeah Kirby had his own awesome way of drawing everything. DC hired him to be KIrby and then changed things that they thought were too Kirby.:slap Lame.

Anyways back on topic. I like this thing.

Back