1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I guess it's just the other clean paintjob that somehow throws off the likeness as bit .. interrogation paint job suits this sculpt much better imo.

While some would say a fall into that category i know exactly what you speak of, i also remember Bobby himself saying something along the lines of " You can't sculpt so you can't criticize my work" ..i don't agree with this line of though, it's ridiculous to think that way!
Maybe he's the temperamental artist-type. Some people respond to criticism better than others. Most of us don't show our work off here for people to judge and critique, so I'm not sure we can understand what it must be like for someone to produce a work of art or whatever, show it off, and receive criticism for it, even if it's minor or consctructive.

Having said that, if you post pictures on a public toy forum, then it's a bit unrealistic to expect "gushing praise" from everyone. But I can still understand it being difficult for some to deal with.

Maybe he's the temperamental artist-type. Some people respond to criticism better than others. Most of us don't show our work off here for people to judge and critique, so I'm not sure we can understand what it must be like for someone to produce a work of art or whatever, show it off, and receive criticism for it, even if it's minor or consctructive.

Having said that, if you post pictures on a public toy forum, then it's a bit unrealistic to expect "gushing praise" from everyone. But I can still understand it being difficult for some to deal with.

THIS! :lecture:lecture:lecture Especially when your customers are trolling your work and you're silently encouraging said trolling. :exactly:

I'm sure Arnie can, it might take him a few attempts to get there but from what i have seen of his work he's a very talented guy and i wouldn't put it past him!:dunno

Glad you agree with me, and i to some degree agree with your opinion on Bobby's sculpt ..it is probably one of the best 1/6 sculpts ever made in terms of realism but it always felt there was something off with it IMO.

While some would say a fall into that category i know exactly what you speak of, i also remember Bobby himself saying something along the lines of " You can't sculpt so you can't criticize my work" ..i don't agree with this line of though, it's ridiculous to think that way!

Regarding Bobby's Joker - I agree, one of the most realistic looking heads i've ever seen, was blown away by the realism when I saw pics and bought one from another member.

Having had it in hand though for a few months, while the realism remained stunning, I found the likeness to be somewhat off in a few areas and I decided to sell it as I felt for what I paid, I really should not have any gripes whatsoever about it. IMO it requires a few tweaks and it will be stunning in terms of likeness too but only if Bobby is willing to make the changes.

Of all the jokers i've seen, I think Adam and MRM have captured the likeness best. With Adam experimenting with silicon recently, I think he's well on his way to getting the realism down too.

Coming back on topic though - I see no reason why the 1/4 bust can't be scanned and shrunk to 1/6, yeah it will involve a significant outlay to do it well (3D scanning and printing is not cheap), but for a company with HTs resources, it should be a no brainer - then again, HT are not known for making the most logical decisions.

I agree dealing with Criticism is very important when it comes to selling to the public..and if an Artist can't do it then maybe they should keep there art to themselves.

But you aren't gonna make money that way. If he's sensitive to comments but still wants to get paid, maybe he should just post pics and an e-mail address, then leave the thread for good, and only return to the forum to post feedback, to receive order inquiries, and to post other customs for sale.

But you aren't gonna make money that way. If he's sensitive to comments but still wants to get paid, maybe he should just post pics and an e-mail address, then leave the thread for good, and only return to the forum to post feedback, to receive order inquiries, and to post other customs for sale.

Or get a blog and put PayPal buttons on it. :huh

Cheaper and easier to use a free toy forum. Plus, he probably gets more traffic. But it's essentially the same thing.

I dunno ..if i were him while on the site i would not be able to resist reading what people have said about my work , it's similar to putting peep's on ignore ..i never do it because i always end up taking them off ignore because "I must see all posts!"

Well then, he wouldn't have anyone to blame but himself. If you don't like criticism, there are ways to avoid seeing it. But no art is immune to criticism, particularly when you've got anonymous internet people doing the criticizing.

Well then, he wouldn't have anyone to blame but himself. If you don't like criticism, there are ways to avoid seeing it. But no art is immune to criticism, particularly when you've got anonymous internet people doing the criticizing.

If they're not scrotemonkies, it's preferred actually. I've found that in person people tend to lie and bull____ because they're afraid of what you might say. That type of 2-faced BS has always annoyed me.

I think some are genuinely infatuated with the guy's work (and some are that way with other customizers, like Rainman). But I can't step in their shoes and tell who's being genuine and who isn't. Some people are just very exuberant and supportive about certain customizers, licenses, companies (goes for HT and Sideshow), etc., and I don't doubt their sincerity. . .though I may doubt their ability to look at something in a cool, objective way :lol

But yeah, I think people do tend to be more supportive and less confrontational in person, so maybe you are getting more genuine feedback when there's anonymity. On the other hand, some seem more prone to be contrary for the sake of being contrary.

arniecomment.png

well there's some hope after all. :clap

Hottoy.

:lol

what do u guys think about the new suit? Superman been working out!!
Hes big all over the place. LOL!!!!

attachment.php

Back