MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally managed to opened up my Barney Ross and I was so relief that he didn't have the shoulder problem that seems to have plague the other collectors! I know there's some complaints about the "jointed" body but I'm fine with it...its better than the "rubber bodies"...I'm wary of them due to the tearing problem.

picked up my barney yesterday, there were like 10 to choose from. when i got mine home i noticed the left shoulder gap. didnt know it's a widespread problem till i read this thread just right now.

i wish i had checked out this thread before yesterday, then i would be more selective. :(

picked up my barney yesterday, there were like 10 to choose from. when i got mine home i noticed the left shoulder gap. didnt know it's a widespread problem till i read this thread just right now.

i wish i had checked out this thread before yesterday, then i would be more selective. :(

No worries, you can still tighten that joint. :wink1:

my left shoulder has the problem, can someone post how to fix it.? thanks.

Don't have the pics but I'll just mention to you what I did to fix this problem cause I also encountered this one in my Barney but now he's all good.

First, try to pull his arm upward (normal position) to minimize the gap he's creating in the shoulder then try to push the shoulder inside the upper body in a screw-like movement as if you want to tighten it then thats it. Just try it until you feel it tightens the hold in the shoulder joint.

Hope this helps. Goodluck! :wink1:

I just got mine. I cant say im disappointed, but this is the first time I dont feel excited and surprised on how the figure looks. Its ok..a nice figure, but I think there are many better figures around there that I dont own.

Question, did anyone else have a hard time with the vest? Making it sit right on the shoulders was tough. I ended up pulling up one of the cross straps glued on the back to shove the end of the flaps into it so that the should fit tight. The velcro wasn't holding very well and the figure looked weird.

You're actually supposed to put the flaps at the top of the vest into slits in the back so your workaround is the intended thing to do.

What I did was to loosen all the strings on the side of the vest to their maximum extension, then slowly wore the vest from the bottom up, slowly because Barney's body is too wide.

Is that a different process that you did, Sean? Please do share it with us if you have time. I would like to at least 'master' how to put the vest on, in case I'll be changing outfits more often than not. Thanks in advance, bro! :rock

Back