Mistress Wishlist Giveaway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well no help from UPS so I suppose that the new owner of my old house will get a special package from sideshow, I hope she appreciates it. I checked my account and don't understand how it was sent to my old address since it looks like I had everything set to my current address. I re-sent the address change information just to be extra certain that my pre-orders get sent to me and not her. Now that I think of it....everything from spook came to the correct address here as well as my order for River Tam. Soo wierd, but with Sideshow closed and UPS unwilling to help there is nothing I can do.

Well no help from UPS so I suppose that the new owner of my old house will get a special package from sideshow, I hope she appreciates it. I checked my account and don't understand how it was sent to my old address since it looks like I had everything set to my current address. I re-sent the address change information just to be extra certain that my pre-orders get sent to me and not her. Now that I think of it....everything from spook came to the correct address here as well as my order for River Tam. Soo wierd, but with Sideshow closed and UPS unwilling to help there is nothing I can do.

Can you get a hold of the lady at your old house and tell her that a package may come there by mistake and that you'll be around to pick it up? And if it's from Sideshow, she'll have to sign for it, so you know she'll have it. That is, if it's your wish that was granted.

The only way I have to contact her is through the real estate agent. I really don't think it is my wish so needing to sign for it is unlikely. Sideshow has sent out promo items before which is really cool of them so if that is what it is then UPS will just leave it at the door. I will of course do everything I can to get it, but driving there to pick it up is out of the question with the cost of fuel and the fact that I don't have the time to make the drive it would cost me waaaayyy too much in fuel and lost wages.

I am really more concerned about how it was sent there. I would hate for my Yoda or Neytiri to go to her by mistake, so I am worried about my account. I have an email in to sideshow though for them to check on that and I will contact them as soon as they are open.

I don't really have much faith left in people these days. Won't go into the whole story here so lets just say that with a few exceptions I really don't have much reason to believe in the honesty of a stranger when I can't believe in a friend.

If her wish was granted she wouldn't have received an email saying it was shipping so it has to be a normal order.

So when should I give up hope that my wish was granted? I know that some have said that last year some wishes were delivered after Christmas,but I don't nkow if I should keep stalking my UPS man or forget about it. :dunno

So when should I give up hope that my wish was granted? I know that some have said that last year some wishes were delivered after Christmas,but I don't nkow if I should keep stalking my UPS man or forget about it. :dunno

After reading what Chicky wrote about people who really deserved it, I just thought that having to sell a lot of sculptures to pay for my wife and son's medical bills and finding out my 8 year old terrier mix had diabetes was not enough compared to soldiers who put their lives in danger everyday and very sick children and adults and those truly in need of a gift or a pick me up who may be far away from family or in financial distress.

Like I said, I'm in ways glad that I didn't get and someone else who really deserved it got it instead. Keep you hopes up anyway, Emerald, but don't feel bad if you don't get it.

Cheers

Bear

I didn't ask for anything, it just seemed selfish as I have had a great year; but I have to commend SS yet again. :clap Obviously they have had a difficult year sales-wise (or at least more than in the past) but to still give away nearly $30K in merchandise is just amazing. :clap :thud: :clap

Hats off to you's! :drink

Congrats on finding your Kinect Lance! I bought Dance Central for my neices and nephew so I might be busting out some dance moves with them on Christmas. :D

Oh crap. VIDEO !!!!!

Three years in a row I've sent my wish with nothing. My wife sends it one time and they answer hers without flinching. Trust me its all luck of the draw, Sideshow LOVES me and I don't always get picked for these things. Just try again next year and come up with a better reason why they should grant yours.

:lecture

I will try again next year. The years have been rough. But we all have had those times, some more than others. :monkey2

I am just happy to see my friends getting some love. :clap

Maybe next year for the rest of us. Neither one of us is going anywhere.

I just asked for an KOTCS Indy. I dont think I got it, so no worries. I mean, is this little thing just about people who deserved it? I mean, that's cool if it is....I guess I just misunderstood. :lol

After reading what Chicky wrote about people who really deserved it, I just thought that having to sell a lot of sculptures to pay for my wife and son's medical bills and finding out my 8 year old terrier mix had diabetes was not enough compared to soldiers who put their lives in danger everyday and very sick children and adults and those truly in need of a gift or a pick me up who may be far away from family or in financial distress.

Like I said, I'm in ways glad that I didn't get and someone else who really deserved it got it instead. Keep you hopes up anyway, Emerald, but don't feel bad if you don't get it.

Cheers

Bear

Well, I don't think they would give something to somebody who they didn't think deserved it instead of somebody with a worse off situation. I have "entered" every year they have done this and this is the first time I have received a gift (and the last since I won't enter again.) They have given away a lot more than they first planed so I am sure they covered as many people as they could.

Same here...congrats to all of you fellow board members who received great presents!!! I had a good year with health and work...in family matters well, we have ups and downs...more downs than ups but well...life's a rollercoaster ride isn´t it?...but the fact that is concerning my family the most is the problems the my wife and I are having to have our first child...it's been three years without success but I just hope to be blessed with this baby soon...

Merry Christmas to everybody...and happy 2010

And it's not like i'm pissed or anything. I'm getting a 300 dollar statue from them anyway for 20 bucks. :lol

But still....i'd trade it for that Indy. :D

My wish goes unfulfilled, but my life is not. A collectible will not HAPPY make me, nor will it unhappy make me. I am secure in knowing I am surrounded by friends that I love, and family that I cherish... so I win, no matter my fate. I do thank Sideshow for making so many wishes come true, it is an inspiring thing you do for your fans indeed. May each and every one of us.....and you have a most joyful of Holidays, and may you all be HAPPY in the coming year. :D :D :D :D

Just wanted to say that the wish I made for my dad was fulfilled. My mom called me and told me that fed ex dropped off a package for my dad. I was so happy to hear that! I know what it is because of the invoice my mom got. But she said she wouldn't let him in on the secret. She'll be wrapping it for him. He said he's very excited to see what it is.

That's great Buffy :yess:

It looks like my daughter is out of luck. That is okay with me cause she is only 12 and I don't want to get her started on spending my $ on PF's and Dio's or anything else over $300.

Not sure on what I submitted for someone else though. If so, too cool. If not, then oh well there is always next year :hi5:

Just wanted to say that the wish I made for my dad was fulfilled. My mom called me and told me that fed ex dropped off a package for my dad. I was so happy to hear that! I know what it is because of the invoice my mom got. But she said she wouldn't let him in on the secret. She'll be wrapping it for him. He said he's very excited to see what it is.

Another Festivus miracle. :)

Wow you got two wishes this year! That is awesome!

Back