Missing HT MMS Figures!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The average person doesn't spent $150+ on an action figure.

Ok, specifically for the consumers in this hobby: There's nothing really enticing about any of the characters in Inception to successfully mass market 1/6 scale figures based on that movie. The Comedian and Silk Spectre couldn't sell well and they have comic book costumes.

Figures like this are more suited for customs and/or off brand, unlicensed releases with small runs like the Andy Dufresne, Jason Bourne and Transporter figures, etc.

I get it. You guys are right, more or less, I just don't like it.

And I can't fathom spending serious money on toys from a terrible movie, no matter who the actor is.

I am pretty sure two of the numbers are for Hans and Ghost Rider, but I am not sure about the other one. If it was a Superman or a Blade Runner I would scream like a girl

HT does label their vehicles with MMS numbers when they're sold separately. But their Ghost Rider figures comes with the bike. At least according to the little placard in front of the figure which does not mention "sold separately" like when HT displayed Batman figures next to the Tumbler and Batpod.

4801101763_31ee7e44bd.jpg

That would make the set incredibly expensive. I say nay to that.

That would make the set incredibly expensive. I say nay to that.

Not necessarily. The Ultimate Ghost Rider and Flame Cycle set from Hasbro was about $40.

review_12gr_3.jpg

Realistically, the bike from HT doesn't look anymore detailed or complicated than the bike from Hasbro (just has a better paint job).

It looks like solid pieces of plastic with nothing overly complex (the main body of the bike appears to be one giant hunk of plastic). It's not complex like the Bat-pod. The figure doesn't come with much either. One extra head (Nick Cage Likeness) 1 extra set of hands, 1 gun and a stand. So let's say alone, $149.99 for just the figure. Add on an additional $80 (double the amount of the Hasbro figure AND bike) and that's $229.99 for the entire set.

I think that's a realistic price point.

I get it. You guys are right, more or less, I just don't like it.

And I can't fathom spending serious money on toys from a terrible movie, no matter who the actor is.

Ya ,glad you can see what we are getting at .. i think its just the fact of what you are actually getting for your money ..a sculpt,a suit and some guns ..as i said earlier they should release the sculpts on true types and have us build the rest.
Hot toys are a high end "action figure" company at the end of the day..and action heroes and superheroes are what they do best.

Back to topic i think the missing mms's are ghostrider,landa and Stallone from expendables.

And it's not hard to see that in general, collectors want superheroes and macho action men.

Sure, but if companies kept going for different characters, it might attract new sorts of people to collecting. Now mildly interested people think it's all about Rambos and Terminators.

I wouldn't mind having some more variety, but do agree with everyone about the sales point of view... Still, every now and then companies could use some of that Star Wars and Predators money and offer some less predictable movie figures.

Sure, but if companies kept going for different characters, it might attract new sorts of people to collecting.

Like? Are there really people out there who've never gotten into this hobby simply because they don't like Terminator, Predator, Batman, G.I. Joe, etc and they've just been waiting and hoping for some company to release a less predictable i.e. obscure figure in 1/6 scale!?

Because I just don't see that. :lol:lol:lol

God The Expendables was a lame, sloppy, letdown.
Why must Hot Toys waste such time and resources on crappy license after crappy license?

What's next? Figures from Lottery Ticket?

Rorschach, Superman, and Avatar seem to have been swept under the carpet. Inception was quietly ignored. Platoon is the only thing I'm jazzed about right now.

Forgive my rant. At least I'm saving money. :monkey1

and here I was thinking I was the only one feeling this way about the movie.

Yup. Or show the average person just a picture of Sylvester Stallone in Rocky or Rambo and I guarantee most will say "Oh that's Rocky" or "Oh that's Rambo".

But show the same average people a picture of DiCaprio or Levitt from anything they've ever done and most people will just be able to name the actors. But not any specific character they've ever played by name.

Hell I've seen DiCaprio in dozens of movies and the only character I can name is Teddy Daniels and that's because it's Manji's new username on here. :lol

Only character I can name for JGL is Cobra Commander (and that's only because I'm familiar with G.I. Joe).

That's because those movies (Rocky, Rambo) to the average person became iconic as to where Inception will never reach that status. It will be forgotten a year from now except to select people. The average person I talk to day in and day out all say the same (and I work with the public)...movie was alright or good, but not excellent like some people make it out to be. It seemed to have made more of an impact on the "geek" community more than anything else. Sorry if I offended anyone with the term "geek". I just didn't know how to explain it better.

That's because those movies (Rocky, Rambo) to the average person became iconic as to where Inception will never reach that status. It will be forgotten a year from now except to select people. The average person I talk to day in and day out all say the same (and I work with the public)...movie was alright or good, but not excellent like some people make it out to be. It seemed to have made more of an impact on the "geek" community more than anything else. Sorry if I offended anyone with the term "geek". I just didn't know how to explain it better.

With a worldwide gross of $575,848,000 and it's still going up, I don't think you can say Inception only made an Impact with the 'Geek Community'
As for the 'They are just guys in suits', so are a lot of figures that have come out before, like James Bond or Reservoir Dogs.

With a worldwide gross of $575,848,000 and it's still going up, I don't think you can say Inception only made an Impact with the 'Geek Community'
As for the 'They are just guys in suits', so are a lot of figures that have come out before, like James Bond or Reservoir Dogs.

The amount of money a movie makes doesn't necessarily make it iconic. Alice in Wonderland and Spider-Man 3 come to mind. Just check this list out and you'll see that there's a lot of movies that aren't even close to being memorable let alone iconic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films

The guys in suits comment wasn't from me.

The amount of money a movie makes doesn't necessarily make it iconic. Alice in Wonderland and Spider-Man 3 come to mind. Just check this list out and you'll see that there's a lot of movies that aren't even close to being memorable let alone iconic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films

The guys in suits comment wasn't from me.

The Guys in Suits comment wasn't for you.

Alice in Wonderland and Spider-Man 3 both have high end figures made already and Hot Toys are producing Spider-Man 3 figures

There are only four or five movies in that list that would not be good for a collectibles licence

The Guys in Suits comment wasn't for you.

Alice in Wonderland and Spider-Man 3 both have high end figures made already and Hot Toys are producing Spider-Man 3 figures

That wasn't the point...we were talking about iconic movies. HT makes figures of the dumbest licences sometimes so that's a moot point.

Back