Misc Military Accessories and Dio pieces thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol its average. but have you ever seen a terrorist with an above average extraordinarily awesome crate? I don't think so.

Yep not bad at all.
I'd suggest using a clamp when gluing to keep the sticks in place until the glue dries. Also, to prevent marring the surface with the clamp of the piece you're gluing, use some wood or sacrificial Popsicle sticks in between the piece you're gluing and the clamp.

good idea. I did use a clamp for some, but I'm not very patient. Clamping each piece 1 by 1 triples the project time. But it does look a little wonky, doesn't it.

good idea. I did use a clamp for some, but I'm not very patient. Clamping each piece 1 by 1 triples the project time. But it does look a little wonky, doesn't it.

What you could do is use two clamps on a piece of wood across all the sticks just to keep them compressed to the cardboard. Or use a heavy weight like a couple of stacked books to keep them compressed with a piece of wood inserted into the box so it's not crushed.

Just make sure not to use too much glue and maybe place something like a piece of cardboard in between just in case the glue pushes out and adherers to the book.

The shredded stuff in the contaner is called wood wool or excelsior:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_wool
I don't know where you can buy the stuff, maybe you can make your own if you have a wood planer and then go at the shavings with some scissors.

Edit:
I got it! Just use some fine pet bedding from the pet store! :doh

1301662397.jpg

"herp derp, where are the guns at?"

Where the hell do I get these?

Where the hell do I get these?

Don't know yet. I think they'll be available at a few 1:6 stores like Cotswold.
Or you can contact them through the email in the picture and find out more:
[email protected]

I think they're $10 for a set of two M4 cases, I wouldn't mind having a set myself at that price.
Edit:
I looked around, and apparently they're looking for a US Distributor.

Last edited:
man, that crate looks cool. i just picked up some 1/6th scale sand bags in an ebay auction not too long ago. they were part of a random weapons/uniform lot. not sure what company made them but they look great with my platoon barnes. i'd like to get some more and build a 1/6th bunker.

Don't know yet. I think they'll be available at a few 1:6 stores like Cotswold.
Or you can contact them through the email in the picture and find out more:
[email protected]

I think they're $10 for a set of two M4 cases, I wouldn't mind having a set myself at that price.
Edit:
I looked around, and apparently they're looking for a US Distributor.

____! I was starting to set up a store. If I had it running...I would distribute them! I am good at 10.00 each. If it is two-for-ten...Ima own a bunch of them.

Back