"millenium falcon master replica"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered one from them late last year and it was damaged along the side of the cockpit. They very nicely took it back and send me another one and it had more damage in the same area. The boxes were sealed and all, but it is weird that the 2 I got from the same seller both had damage in the same area. I still want one tho...

Yes, Redford is where I got mine too. Terrific seller. Mine came pristine and perfect - and for $850 less than they're charging now.

You can feel the window closing on these though. I used to be able to do an eBay search on these and come up with dozens. Now I see one, possibly two every other month or so. Scarcity is also hitting the price hard. At one point Redford had these up at $900 shipped, late last year it was $1000 plus shipping and today, $1850 plus...

Now that these ships are settling into the hands of the collectors, my guess is that while you will likely always be able to find one on the auction sites a few times a year, it won't be too much more often than that. No private collector wants anything to do with shipping this beast. I've still got my inner carton, but the outer one was the size of a Volkswagan and is long gone.

Not to mention the fact that this is one (if not THE one) of the greatest movie collectibles ever offered. It's awesomehood is off the scale. People want to keep 'em.

So bottom line is $1850 is still quite a deal - a substantial saving off of list. If you're on the fence you might want to jump!

just hope the at at goes the same way, I have one, and think its the best piece in my collection, although I dont own the falcon.

Yes, Redford is where I got mine too. Terrific seller. Mine came pristine and perfect - and for $850 less than they're charging now.

You can feel the window closing on these though. I used to be able to do an eBay search on these and come up with dozens. Now I see one, possibly two every other month or so. Scarcity is also hitting the price hard. At one point Redford had these up at $900 shipped, late last year it was $1000 plus shipping and today, $1850 plus...

Now that these ships are settling into the hands of the collectors, my guess is that while you will likely always be able to find one on the auction sites a few times a year, it won't be too much more often than that. No private collector wants anything to do with shipping this beast. I've still got my inner carton, but the outer one was the size of a Volkswagan and is long gone.

Not to mention the fact that this is one (if not THE one) of the greatest movie collectibles ever offered. It's awesomehood is off the scale. People want to keep 'em.

So bottom line is $1850 is still quite a deal - a substantial saving off of list. If you're on the fence you might want to jump!

I agree with QuiGonFishing in general, but I'm inclined to think that $1850 is on the high side. Admittedly, you'd be getting one that is new in the package buying from Redford, but I've seen a number of used ones for quite a bit less on places like the Rebelscum props classifieds (which I linked to earlier). If you're patient and monitor the classifieds regularly, I think you have a pretty good chance of finding a decent deal.

Nobody can say what will happen in the future (and I think it's likely that the MR Falcon will be the definitive Falcon collectible for a LONG time -- especially since eFX has said they won't be revisiting things that MR did). But I don't see the price shooting sky high.

Back