Michael Phelps Takes Rips From the Bong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing that really riles me is, they still haven't sprung him for peeing in the pool. That guy is a reckless, out of control young man, by golly.

That dude has great taste... he isn't smoking out of a cheap-o depot bong man- that's a Roor with a worked midsection! The elite of bongs. When I saw that I knew this wasn't his first time... nor his last. :lol

I hope he is using a diffuser.... :lol

Not saying I agree with what he did, but like others have said it's not like it's gong to enhance his performance, so I think they should let it slide.

To play devil's advocate...He is making millions off of endorsements who are basically selling his image to the world which includes little kids. As a professional athlete who is getting paid these millions in endorsements, it is his duty to protect his image and fulfill his end of the deal which is what these companies who endorse him is hoping for. Im certain a lot of athletes and prominent figures just like Phelps smoke weed or worse, but they don't get caught doing it or don't make it public.

On a personal note, i could care less, and I don't think it is that big of a deal and doesn't take away anything from his athletic performance.

To play devil's advocate...He is making millions off of endorsements who are basically selling his image to the world which includes little kids. As a professional athlete who is getting paid these millions in endorsements, it is his duty to protect his image and fulfill his end of the deal which is what these companies who endorse him is hoping for. Im certain a lot of athletes and prominent figures just like Phelps smoke weed or worse, but they don't get caught doing it or don't make it public.

Which makes him not the brightest bulb IMO.

Lotta 23 year olds have more sense than that.

Think about it. Ya know how many young hollywood actors out there that smoke weed and are in the spotlight constantly? They just don't let their friends or strangers take pics of them while hitting the bong!

Again i don't give a ^^^^ that he smokes bud. Just keep it to yourself when you KNOW your profile.

Last edited:
Who the F cares??

This dude is famous because he swims fast. That's it.

Americans are so lame with the jock-sniffing... and then the contrived sanctimony whenever they discover that one of their beloved "heroes" is actually a flawed human like the rest of us.

Who the F cares??

This dude is famous because he swims fast. That's it.

Americans are so lame with the jock-sniffing... and then the contrived sanctimony whenever they discover that one of their beloved "heroes" is actually a flawed human like the rest of us.

Pretty much sums it up quite well actually.

Krayt- He should have known better but I don't think doing it shows a lack of sense just typical 23 year old judgment.

He was like Superman to me.

My dreams are shattered!

Where's that Darth Vader "Nooooooo" pic?

On a personal note, i could care less, and I don't think it is that big of a deal and doesn't take away anything from his athletic performance.

Agreed. I don't care either but I understand the uproar. It's like when Brittney Spears had a Pepsi endorsement but was routinely photographed drinking Coke. lmao. Plus endorsement deals always have a Moral Clause. People who sign them KNOW this, so if they're willing to blow the money they're receiving from these deals by publicly doing stupid ^^^^ or doing things that could possibly tarnish their image (which is what product endorsements rely on) then oh well, it's on them.

Agreed. I don't care either but I understand the uproar. It's like when Brittney Spears had a Pepsi endorsement but was routinely photographed drinking Coke. lmao. Plus endorsement deals always have a Moral Clause. People who sign them KNOW this, so if they're willing to blow the money they're receiving from these deals by publicly doing stupid ^^^^ or doing things that could possibly tarnish their image (which is what product endorsements rely on) then oh well, it's on them.

sorry, just had to do a double take :horror :lol

huh!? I guess you're used to people disagreeing with you in one post/thread and then following you around the site continually doing it right? NOT ME. I keep telling you. lol.

It's just weird to me, because I guarantee I've smoked more weed than Phelps has/will ever do, but if someone offered me MILLIONS not to (moral clause) I'd never smoke ANYTHING ever again. lol.

huh!? I guess you're used to people disagreeing with you in one post/thread and then following you around the site continually doing it right? NOT ME. I keep telling you. lol.

No it was just a joke :duh

Back