Michael Phelps Takes Rips From the Bong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That dude has great taste... he isn't smoking out of a cheap-o depot bong man- that's a Roor with a worked midsection! The elite of bongs. When I saw that I knew this wasn't his first time... nor his last. :lol

I hope he is using a diffuser.... :lol

:rock:rock:rock

I think it's funny how people react to this stuff. The guy is young, he is bound to do stupid crap like this.

I'm glad I am not famous... the stuff I was doing at his age would make this look tame in comparison. :lol

:dunno 12,000 calories a day, you thought that was all from swimming? :lol

Athletes are just people who are good at sports just like actors are people on TV or in the music and musicians are just people who do stuff to music. None of them should be role models in reality and even if some are its their successes and their attributes in their chosen professions that should be admired and not what they do on their private time.

I could care less what Michael Phelps does on this own time while relaxing.

Athletes are just people who are good at sports just like actors are people on TV or in the music and musicians are just people who do stuff to music. None of them should be role models in reality and even if some are its their successes and their attributes in their chosen professions that should be admired and not what they do on their private time.

I could care less what Michael Phelps does on this own time while relaxing.

If that's the case then he should have declined to sign multi-million dollar contracts with endorsers.

I don't think anyone is questioning him as a perfect person or talented athlete. Sure everyone in here could care less, but we are also not endorsed for millions are we? If Kobe Bryant was "caught" smoking weed in such an incriminating way as Phelps, NIke and the NBA would flip out over it.

Last edited:
Back in my younger and crazier I never allowed anyone to take photo's of me doing anything outside of alcohol. You never know when something like that will come back to haunt you. Plus if my mom would have ever gotten ahold of any incriminating evidence she would have beat the dog^^^^ out of me! :lol

If that's the case then he should have declined to sign multi-million dollar contracts with endorsers.

I don't think anyone is questioning him as a perfect person or talented athlete. Sure you everyone in here could care less, but we are also not endorsed for millions are we? If Kobe Bryant was "caught" smoking weed, Nike would flip out over it.

Why not? Why not sign multimillion dollar contracts when they are made available? In reality Nike, Coke and a dozen of other sponsor freak because of the parent who will group, protest and make a huge deal out of ^^^^ like this. Remember the infamous backdoor Kobe situation in Colorado which cost him millions? His sponsor sure didn't. He still isn't at this status before that even though the money is coming back.

The truth is that many parents allow their children to look up to athletes because its easier than having the looking glass on themselves or many kids simply look up to an "icon" in their chosen interests like Basketball players looking up to Michael Jordan or Football players looking up to Donovan McNabb.

What happens is when these people are shown as humans people freak because they honestly think that their kids will follow their paths exactly, mainly because some have made that misstep and it gets blamed on the star instead of the parent who didn't keep a better eye or from whomever was in charge of getting the message that there are differences between your life and theirs, so its a whole "what about the children" issue.

Michael Vick was an excellent athlete who worked hard and brought himself up from a bad situation and became a star. He also made a dumb choice by fighting dogs. Does that mean his achievements should be overshadowed? No. Does that mean that people shouldn't look to him as an inspiration? No. What does Gatorade freak and drop him? Simple, because PETA and the other dog lovers go ape^^^^ about them supporting a person who would do that and they play safe politics instead of risking wide spread protests and boycotts.

Them getting dropped and if anyone drops Michael Phelps it'll be simple business politics nothing more while people like to believe we are very much in an enlightened society that can separate life from achievements the reality is that the nation as a whole is still very conservative and show it with their dollar.

Why not? Why not sign multimillion dollar contracts when they are made available? In reality Nike, Coke and a dozen of other sponsor freak because of the parent who will group, protest and make a huge deal out of ^^^^ like this. Remember the infamous backdoor Kobe situation in Colorado which cost him millions? His sponsor sure didn't. He still isn't at this status before that even though the money is coming back.

The truth is that many parents allow their children to look up to athletes because its easier than having the looking glass on themselves or many kids simply look up to an "icon" in their chosen interests like Basketball players looking up to Michael Jordan or Football players looking up to Donovan McNabb.

What happens is when these people are shown as humans people freak because they honestly think that their kids will follow their paths exactly, mainly because some have made that misstep and it gets blamed on the star instead of the parent who didn't keep a better eye or from whomever was in charge of getting the message that there are differences between your life and theirs, so its a whole "what about the children" issue.

Michael Vick was an excellent athlete who worked hard and brought himself up from a bad situation and became a star. He also made a dumb choice by fighting dogs. Does that mean his achievements should be overshadowed? No. Does that mean that people shouldn't look to him as an inspiration? No. What does Gatorade freak and drop him? Simple, because PETA and the other dog lovers go ape^^^^ about them supporting a person who would do that and they play safe politics instead of risking wide spread protests and boycotts.

Them getting dropped and if anyone drops Michael Phelps it'll be simple business politics nothing more while people like to believe we are very much in an enlightened society that can separate life from achievements the reality is that the nation as a whole is still very conservative and show it with their dollar.

You make good points that I agree with, however i still think that there is a certain aspect of responsibility by whoever it is that personally decides to take up the role of 'model' by signing on the dotted line which will net them millions.

One can argue that these people shouldn't have to be role models, but when you put yourself in the public eye, you are in a way accepting it, more so when it comes to sports.

You talk about business politics....yes it very well may be. But when you sign to be on a Wheaties box, or sign with Gatorade, or sign with Nike...who are one of these companies' main target audiences? Kids and young adults. And since it is a 'business' on both ends, the athlete should conduct themselves appropriately.

Take note, i never said he shouldnt be smoking or doing drugs. I just said he should do it and not get caught.

Last edited:
Socially yes. In the world of advertising and selling products absolutely not. Profit margin loss is profit margin loss no matter what causes it.

This is exactly why I would never ever want to be in the public spotlight. I mean, seriously, the guy just wanted to go to some normal (and tame) college parties after a tough year. I feel bad for him. I mean, I know he gets endorsements and all that, but really - all this over a bit of weed?? At least it wasn't something stronger, which I honestly believe he has enough sense to avoid, even out of the public eye.

That is so weak... and really I wouldn't have pegged it as being Phelps in the bong photo they showed, just looked like any random frat guy tokin' up. He could have easily denied it :lol

Are you serious? Vick is a piece of **** scumbag and if you honestly believe people should "look to him as an inspiration" you definitely need to find some better role models in your own life.

Oh, and I'm not a member of PETA so there goes that theory.

My point exactly. This is why Vick shouldn't be a role model despite the fact he grew up in economically depressed inner-city used his athletics to get a four year scholarship and made the NFL where many say they're going but end up in regular 9 to 5 jobs. I never said he was a role model I said his achievements would quickly be overshadowed by his personal actions and so because of comments like the poster above this is where Gatorade, Nike, McDonalds you name it says "Better drop him before they drop us." When in reality he is just an athlete, good on the field and nothing more. He shouldn't be nothing more. That was my point. I just used Vick because he'd be the quickest one to prove my point, I could have used Kobe or Canseco or a ton of other athletes who went "left". Despite the douchebaggy comment and not reading what I was intending, Brent72 actually helped prove my point.

Michael Phelps swims really fast, won some medals and broke some records. Is his success something to look up to for swimmers of course. Should kids look up to him and say "I wanna be just like Michael Phelps to the letter where I do every single thing he does on a daily basis because that is the only way to win like him." No, of course not but to some parents that is exactly how they think their children will act.

There is just too much jock-worshipping in the world today.

Well, it goes beyond just jocks. Celebrity-worship on the whole is despicable.

Has anyone heard this guy actually talk AND been surprised that he smokes dope? The guy talks and walks like a pothead.

"hellloooooooooo"

Has anyone heard this guy actually talk AND been surprised that he smokes dope? The guy talks and walks like a pothead.

"hellloooooooooo"

winnersp2.png

Back