MGS3 - Naked Snake by cloudfilter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloudfilter

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Snake-078.jpg

Playing this music in the background while viewing these photos is compulsory, by the way.
Naked Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3.
I sculpted the head myself from scratch then recast it so I could make a few different variations. The thickly bearded and zombie camo versions I painted myself, while the stubbly and woodland stripe heads were painted by Elvis1976. Thanks again for the great job, Seb.
I'll post a few shots here and there's a bunch more in my Flickr gallery.

Stuff I made completely myself:
Heads.
Parachute harness, radio, holster and knife sheath.
Wetsuit.
Cardboard box - that russian word on the side is "Orange", of course.
MGS3 game case.
Philosophers' Legacy microfilm.
CalorieMate.
C3 explosive kneaded by Eva into a heart shape - awww.
Cigar and smoke.
The Boss brand cigarettes and box - based on pictures from the MGS4 inventory before I remembered that Naked smokes Cigars and not cigarettes, d'oh.
Playboy - The Virtuous Mission took place in August 1964 and that's the actual cover for the July 1964 edition. I did buy an original copy of that issue on eBay to scan the interior in for full authenticity but when it came it didn't have a double page nudey spread in it the right way up for placing in guards paths the way he does in-game so I faked it with a different 60s pin-up I found. So my re-creation of a completely fictional historical event isn't properly true to life :(

Other parts:
Soldier Story Tiger Stripe Jacket and Trousers recut and resewn for better looking fit.
Soldier Story belt and pouches.
Soldier Story m1911 repainted and added custom suppressor.
Soldier Story type 56 standing in for an AK.
Hot Toys mk22 Hush Puppy and knives.
Hot Toys SVD.
Hot Toys RPG-7.
Newline boots.

Snake-071.jpg

Snake-002position-but006.jpg

Snake-12position-but084.jpg

Snake-008.jpg

Snake-022.jpg

Snake-033.jpg

Snake-048.jpg

Snake-sculpt-on-black-01.jpg

Last edited:
FANTASTIC does not begin to descibe that.

Awesome, awesome work. Love the accesories, esp thee box and calorie mate and cigs!!

(Oh and I listened to the music whilst viewing too) :D

Do You know what is the best thing about this geat figure, aside from the fact that You made most of it from scratch? Its the fact that the sculpt is the only MGS collectible aside from the Medicom ones, that actually bears some resemblance to the game's model. I always thought that Konami came up with great facial models for Snake in both MGS2 and MGS3. Unfortunately the companies that produce MGS collectbles mostly treat Snake as a guy with no particular face, but rather as this archetypical, american action hero. The effect of it is that all the figures look like Snake should look like, but they are not true liknesses of the model. Great work.

Here's to hoping you're going to offer casts. Looks fantastic!

Switching over to wax from clay recently has meant that I can recast and tweak my old heads from when I very first started sculpting three years ago without having to start the whole project from scratch. Snake here's the first to get the "HD remaster treatment".
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Yeah same here I'd be very interested in this sculpt. In fact I remember messaging you over on OSW years ago about it.

Thanks for all your comments guys! The two leads of MGS3 are really the biggest labour of love I can imagine sculpting, such great characters.

Unfortunately it looks as though I still won't be able to sell any of my castings in the near future. I always feel like a bit of a **** posting pictures and then saying no-one else can have any yet, but believe me it's even more frustrating for me! I'm stuck in kind of a crappy situation which I don't have a say in (and I'm not really comfortable going into details about with strangers) but basically it means I can't sell stuff until it gets resolved and I've no way of knowing when it'll be resolved in advance.

Wow, realising just how long I've had Platty's name on my notify list is kinda depressing...

Back