MGS Solid Snake WIP. My first real repaint!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astro_zombie

Super Freak
Reaction score
Metal gear solid Snake WIP

I was going through some of my old figures I had around the house and I found my Solid Snake 12'' figure that I had forgotten all about. I decided this would be a good figure to make my first REAL attempt at painting and customizing. I'm no stranger to the hobby, I'm sure most of you have seen my ghostbusters Ray, which had over a years worth of time put into it but, had very basic painting. I'm no stranger when it comes to painting figures, Ive been doing garage kits and model kits for about 4 years now. I just never really took my methods of painting model kits over into the 1/6 world. So with that in mind i deiced its time to start taking this hobby seriously and this is what Ive come up with so far.

To start, this is the figure I'm working from in its unaltered form.
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10024171a/20/1

This is my repainted head sculpt. I have about 4 different shades in his skin tone for highlights but its kind of hard to see due to the lighting. I used a mix of brown and black pastels for his stubble and coated his eyes with a gloss...
100_3794.jpg

100_3795.jpg

The headband that came with the figure was made out rubber but was very thin and straight. I remade the tails using 2 bits of wire sandwiched between 2 pieces of masking tape. I then repainted the whole head band a closer color to the game
100_3797.jpg

I plan on repainting his SOCOM USP as well as his body armor, clips, and boots. He came with generic knee and elbow pads that don't look anything like they do in the game so, I'm going to use some alumilite mold putty to make molds of the pads from this unfinished model kit I have
100_3796.jpg

Thanks for looking guys and any pointers would be great!

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys. Just an update, I repainted his body armor, metal clips, and made the cast of his new game accurate elbow pads. Im also repainted his ammo holsters and shoulder pads. I just used a simple wash of dark gray then dry brushed the same gray/blue bandanna color. Like Snake eater said I like the "pop" effect it gives.
100_3798.jpg

The black elbow pads here are the ones that came with the figure. the light gray ones are my cast taken from my model kit
100_3799.jpg

Back