MGS 4 figures go up for sale tonight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
between the 2, which one would you buy in case you only have $$$ for one ?

I say Raiden.

TOE said:

I say Raiden.

I definitely agree! Snake will be around; who knows how many Raiden they will end up making?

I like the Raiden figure but that price is outrageous....I'll wait.

TOE said:

I say Raiden.

Raiden looks the better of the two. I've pre-ordered both just in case other retailers don't get any, but this price is craaaazy. Either way, Raiden would be my pickup if I only had the money to get one.

I really hope they make a version of Snake with a young head....one of the MGS4 trailers showed Snake with a young face and there was a whole bunch of speculation and theories that maybe he's faking being old or he used the camo mask to put on a young face for kicks...

Anyways,considering all the different Snake versions for the Medicom MGS3 figure,I think that it could be a possibility.I'd be all over that too! :chew

Bardoon said:
I really hope they make a version of Snake with a young head....one of the MGS4 trailers showed Snake with a young face and there was a whole bunch of speculation and theories that maybe he's faking being old or he used the camo mask to put on a young face for kicks...

Anyways,considering all the different Snake versions for the Medicom MGS3 figure,I think that it could be a possibility.I'd be all over that too! :chew

I plan on swaping the old Snake head for a custom one I got off ebay.

We need Revolver Ocelot (in young and old versions), too. He's my favorite MGS villain.

bwayne said:
You also need that ninja (cannot remember his name).

From the first game? He was just reguraly called the Cyborg Ninja, but he was really Grey Fox or Frank Jaeger.

Last edited:
hairlesswookiee said:
i prefer the MGS 3 snake to this one, but i hate to admit the Raiden figure looks pretty good.

I agree. But for $175, neither or these new ones are worth it for me.

I pre-ordered Raiden, though I might cancel and get him cheaper.
Anyone complaining about the price doesn't remember how Every Medicom figure would cost this much from Japan even without the elaborate costume. And that was before shipping!
We're still going to get it slightly cheaper then before there was Sideshow distribution.

I'm not too keen on old Solid Snake, I prefer the younger version.

Yes, outrageous price. Where is it going to end? Why on earth is SSC charging so damned much for these Medicom figures? Oh, wait, I don't want to know. I just wish they wouldn't. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Most of the other Medicom figures are sold by other retailers for less. So why is SSC so greedy? No way to treat a fan IMO.

why not just order them from cornerstorecomics.com for 148$ then?(seems like SS is gouging the customer the SW license isn't even having figs go this high from medicom)

Bigbadtoystore has him for around $150 which is more than Cornerstore, but if you want to cancel, there is no penalty. I had a problem with Cornerstore in that regard and won't order from them again.

I don't understand why SS still shows the early prototype of Snake. His suit and gear has changed since the first trailer. I hope the figure will change because it's far from accurate.

On the other hand, Raiden's just perfect!

Back