Mezco Static-6 Conan the Barbarian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this works great as a poster image, but I'm not sure it translates as well as I'd like into a three-dimensional sculpture. Something about the composition just bugs me.
I was a big fan of the Conan movie (along with everything related to D&D and sword and sorcery) back in 1982, but always thought the artwork on this poster was a little wonky. Valeria looked great, but the depiction of Conan wasn't my favourite. His anatomy and proportions were off and he was generally lacking the illusion of weight. As an illustrated (painted) stylized artistic interpretation it has some charm, but shape that into a 3-dimensional form and the awkward details are only amplified through the process. This statue is caught somewhere between being realistic and cartoonish. It's not awful by any means, and actually quite a great statue treatment of the art, but it is the original art source material that is at fault in affecting the statue form.

8l49uf.jpg

Fantastic, based on the Renato Casaro poster. Surprised his name isn't referenced more prominatly, or on the sculpt itself, being his art?
(edit: it is in the description)
Wasn't there a version where he is holding Thulsa Doom's head? (or did I imagine that?)

Last edited:
8l49uf.jpg

Fantastic, based on the Renato Casaro poster. Surprised his name isn't referenced more prominatly, or on the sculpt itself, being his art?
(edit: it is in the description)
Wasn't there a version where he is holding Thulsa Doom's head? (or did I imagine that?)
There is a custom kit with him doing that I believe.

Back