MEZCO One:12 Michael Myers HALLOWEEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The McFarlane figures are almost 20 years old. I used to have them and don’t remember the small one looking so great. The paint apps on the head were bad, and you couldn’t do the head tilt. The 18” one was good, but they put a stupid blood splatter over it which I didn’t like. The NECA figures were well done, but I think they would improve on a 78 version massively if given the chance. I like the added articulation on their figures.

The McFarlane figures are almost 20 years old. I used to have them and don’t remember the small one looking so great. The paint apps on the head were bad, and you couldn’t do the head tilt. The 18” one was good, but they put a stupid blood splatter over it which I didn’t like. The NECA figures were well done, but I think they would improve on a 78 version massively if given the chance. I like the added articulation on their figures.
Yeah what I'm hoping if they can't do an 78 then they do an Warlock Myers since it's under the same studio. I'm not sure if they had to go through akkad for the 2018 rights or not.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think Randy has said they can’t do any of the other films because they are all under the same rights. I guess they went through Blumhouse for the 2018 version. He has never been clear on why they can’t get the older versions. It’s either because they pissed someone off or the license is too expensive for their business model.

I think Randy has said they can’t do any of the other films because they are all under the same rights. I guess they went through Blumhouse for the 2018 version. He has never been clear on why they can’t get the older versions. It’s either because they pissed someone off or the license is too expensive for their business model.
Most likely the later. I've heard that Akkad wants an ridiculous amount of money for the rights.

This is my current ‘78 collection, would like to add Mezco but I either need it discounted or available into 2019.

57B568BC-EBCC-47BE-B166-2B0EE3E4AFCF.jpeg

So what exactly is the hold up with licensing and Halloween anyway? Michael is arguably just as popular as Jason, Freddy and Leatherface and the gang....but he seems to get skipped a whole lot. I would love for NECA to pick up from where they left off years ago. Even retro figures like their new Fog would be great....and affordable. Plus there is the Ultimate line,etc.....anyone know what's up that prevents them from going full steam ahead? I would even pick up Laurie and Loomis as retro figures or Ultimate editions provided they were from the first flick.

It seems that the Halloween license holders charge a high cost for the license that make it difficult on some companies. Somehow, Universal being behind Halloween 2 (1981) and Halloween (2018) as made certain films and products in the franchise more attainable.

It seems that the Halloween license holders charge a high cost for the license that make it difficult on some companies. Somehow, Universal being behind Halloween 2 (1981) and Halloween (2018) as made certain films and products in the franchise more attainable.

Then the license holders for the first film need to get with the program. Quantity of sales and licenses and sheer volume should make it a sweet deal for them. Avarice be hanged....bring on The Shape.

I REpreordered this from bbts after seeing recent reviews. I only have the stylized Mezco Myers figure and need something more realized. This looks pretty good for the scale. I still see these as 6” Hot Toys figures for 1/3 the cost. Can’t wait for Jason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then the license holders for the first film need to get with the program. Quantity of sales and licenses and sheer volume should make it a sweet deal for them. Avarice be hanged....bring on The Shape.
It's all Akkad pretty much.

Well this is the furthest you can pose Michael. Single joints, no wrist articulation.

03f3fd8257775a6fd105f7e5c769bdd2.jpg
20accabbdf390b77154534ea525b83e2.jpg

You have Ash's chainsaw posed backwards and wrong..You've seen the movies right?

Okay, wait. How is Michael the same height as Ash in these pics? They aren't Photoshopped, right? NECA figure always seem to be around 1/10th scale and the One:12 Michael wasn't even 6 inches tall... :huh

Hey...check this out: if Fright Rags can do 1978, and stay afloat....why no decent 1/6 or even a NECA 1978 revisit? It truly boggles the mind.
:cuckoo:
https://www.fright-rags.com/collect...unch&utm_source=Fright-Rags+NEW+-+opened+ever

Back