Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe. I still haven't warmed up to the Ascending Knight suit if I'm honest; nothing besides the headsculpt makes me want it over my TDKR figures. Maybe when it launches I'll find one parted out, stick the head on my black-and-grey Batman and finally shut up :lol

As long as they stick to "their vision" of these characters, it save me money.

Yeah, me too. If they would release more comic or movie-inspired versions of Batman in this line like their TDKR one, I'd probably buy them all. I won't be buying their Ascension Batman and if that design is anything to go by for their middle age and older Batman figures, I won't be buying them either.

Yeah, I saw it. I thought the idea was kind of cool, but not getting comic versions ****ing blows. I love this bait and switch bull**** they're pulling, putting out comic accurate TDKR and Dredd figures and then just coming out with that line that "it's always been our intention to do our own spins on the comic versions and only staying accurate to the movie counterparts." Honestly? I'm sick of the ****ing egos from companies like this and Sideshow.

You want to experiment and put your own spin on things? Fine by me, but, at the end of the day, why the **** should I give a ****? "Your spin" on Batman isn't what got me hooked on the character. All those iconic stories I read or watched? Last time I checked, that wasn't "your spin" on Batman starring in each of them, and, at the end of the day, "your spin" on Batman has no real relevance within the legacy of the character outside of purely being exemplary of your own ****ty aesthetic tastes. I don't know. It's just annoying as hell.

This is my thoughts exactly. I will still buy a few, the ones that stay the most faithful to the source material. But had they decided to stay the course that launched the line, I would have bought all the Marvel & DC offerings...total completist for the line.

Wow! Pierre sounds like Trump making up alternative facts :lol
"It was always our intention to develop our own take on these characters..." Buuuuuut you launched the line with the first three figures (TDKR Bats, Mutant Leader & Dredd) and their multiple variants totally based on the comic renditions of the characters. :huh

So much for us wanting an Neal Adams Batman. ... was really hoping for one such an bummer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, that kind of deliberate misinformation is shady as hell.

I wouldn't mind if he was honest about it, but this kind of deception just leaves a bad taste.

That being said, I'm in for Deathstroke and might mess around and get the Ascending Knight if the other two look good as well.

This is my thoughts exactly. I will still buy a few, the ones that stay the most faithful to the source material. But had they decided to stay the course that launched the line, I would have bought all the Marvel & DC offerings...total completist for the line.

Wow! Pierre sounds like Trump making up alternative facts :lol
"It was always our intention to develop our own take on these characters..." Buuuuuut you launched the line with the first three figures (TDKR Bats, Mutant Leader & Dredd) and their multiple variants totally based on the comic renditions of the characters. :huh

Yeah, that kind of deliberate misinformation is shady as hell.

I wouldn't mind if he was honest about it, but this kind of deception just leaves a bad taste.

That being said, I'm in for Deathstroke and might mess around and get the Ascending Knight if the other two look good as well.

They have been saying that they are doing 'Mezco takes' on many figures for at least a year now. That would make it last NYTF when they really debuted the full line (i.e. the stuff after TDKR and Dredd). The have never hid the fact that some figures would be a mish-mash of different source materials with their own spin on them. Additionally, it has been stated many times that Mez himself is a huge batman fan and his favorite is TDKR which would explain why that one is so faithful to the source material. There is not and has never been anything dishonest or deceiving coming from them.

It seems to me that the obvious situation is that certain specific licenses have to adhere more closely to the source (i.e. TDKR, Dredd, BvS, Universal Monsters, Netflix Daredevil, etc) while the more general license stuff (comic marvel/DC) can be (and who knows, may have to be) interpretations of the characters from different sources with their own creativity. But that would be a boring explanation and not allow us to feel like there is a grand conspiracy against our collection desires.....

I can understand disappointment with the change in direction of the line, but did they actually ever state they were only doing direct comic translations?
I mean it's obviously they started the line that way to build hype and draw attention, but technically I don't think they ever actually lied about what they were doing.

I know it's been done so many times, but a Heath Ledger Joker would work really well for this line.

Think we'll ever see him from Mezco?

I know it's been done so many times, but a Heath Ledger Joker would work really well for this line.

Think we'll ever see him from Mezco?

maxresdefault.jpg

They have been saying that they are doing 'Mezco takes' on many figures for at least a year now. That would make it last NYTF when they really debuted the full line (i.e. the stuff after TDKR and Dredd). The have never hid the fact that some figures would be a mish-mash of different source materials with their own spin on them. Additionally, it has been stated many times that Mez himself is a huge batman fan and his favorite is TDKR which would explain why that one is so faithful to the source material. There is not and has never been anything dishonest or deceiving coming from them.

It seems to me that the obvious situation is that certain specific licenses have to adhere more closely to the source (i.e. TDKR, Dredd, BvS, Universal Monsters, Netflix Daredevil, etc) while the more general license stuff (comic marvel/DC) can be (and who knows, may have to be) interpretations of the characters from different sources with their own creativity. But that would be a boring explanation and not allow us to feel like there is a grand conspiracy against our collection desires.....

Say what you want, what they are saying now doesn't coincide with what they have been showing so far. They take arguably two of thee most iconic characters from Marvel & DC and put one in Joey LaDouche board shorts and cosplay turtle shells and the other in some type of Under Armor gym gear. This does not match the minor tweaks that showed up on the other characters so far. Even Dr. strange kinda looks like he's headed to Studio 54...but he kinda always has.

But hey, if you like Mez Flair, go ahead and buy till your hearts content. With more of that on the way, Mez won't be getting my money.

I dont care if they didnt say they would stick with accurate tranlsations.

The annoyance lies in the fact that their designs are bad and I dont want them.

Except for Darkseid, but eve he would be a lot better if they took the lines off its robe and the blue was lighter, it can keep the boots and gloves, those actually look like Kirby designs.

I ordered the joker, Spider-Man and the daredevil yellow version. Flirting with punisher and red skull and classic cap. Have the dark knight return black and light blue versions. I like the iron man too as it has a classic look.

Can someone tell me how to remove the neck piece from the dkr body? I have to reattach the cape. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a reason Mezco hasn't gotten a penny from me since 2015.

All they have to do is give me more TDKR figures or something equally as accurate to the source material.

My money is sitting there Mezco. It's yours. You can HAVE it. For real. Just make what I want.

Keep churning out this crap and I'll keep not buying it.

Back