Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spot any reviews of the bvs bats inhand yet?

GasparZizou you are my supes judge when i see you comment on a supes that you will buy w/o question i will consider it as well, come off as a big supes fan and im more casual so def rely on your expertise.

they need to do more artist specif ver i think like the DKR bats as mentioned year one or neal adams style. the inhouse designs they do im not a fan, daredevil with shoulder pads... uhhhh ok.

not a full review as such ,but a guy posted this after he found it at a HK comic store

Re: Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective 6 inch DC figures
Postby Yy23455699 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:06 pm

Got my hands on the Batman today, and he looks better than the review we last saw.
The suit is firmly fitted on the body, nothing look saggy at first glance. The joints are good, easy enough to pop in and out for interchangeable hands. I have a feeling the joints are slightly loosened compare to the One 12 DKR Batman.

xkYvwRz.jpg
SaRctNa.jpg

I'm liking the slightly stylised edge to him, means he'll fit in nicely with their Daredevil and Punisher :)

G2EZ3Y0.jpg

Ws9280Z.jpg

not mine but a guy on fooshnets , looks excellent ,cant believe its the same figure :clap:lol
heres his thoughts

Don't mind the crooked Bat symbol, I'm stupid and didn't adjust the chest. The chest is on its own joint, this isn't like the star issue where Mezco glued it wrong. This is also a quick desk picture so excuse the Beast Wars Megatron.

This is just me briefly messing with the figure and seeing how far I can raise his arms. The fabric is really, really durable -- it's tight but feels like it has a lot of give to it, if that makes sense? I can get a full 90 degree angle and that's as far as I got his arm up, didn't really want to go beyond that.

ALSO.

THE ANKLE ROCKERS ARE AMAZING.

They finally, finally fixed the anker rockles. They smoothly moved, the have great range of motion, they feel like something you'd get on a Marvel Legends figure. Fantastic.

My first impressions is that it blows the Mafex one right out of the water.

The cape is that fake kind of pleather material, it feels really similar to the Hot Toys one. As such, it doesn't really drape as well as the DKR one. It kind of bunches up in the shoulders but again, I've spent like five minutes with the guy. The cape is HUGE though.

One of the big deals on the Hot Toys one was you could see and feel the abs through the costume. You can do that on this one too. The suit isn't baggy at all, like, apologies to the guy who first took pictures of this but he must have really worked hard to get this Batman looking so terrible. If anything, the suit is so tight you can make out the muscle definition under it.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

More thoughts:

Face sculpt is incredible. Nailed it.

The belt has a tendency to move around a bit, so I guess I can see how the initial pictures messed it up.

The cape is going to be a bit difficult to get right in pictures. You can see in this shot how I'm struggling to get it to lay flat. It's bunched up in the shoulders because I think of how its packaged. On the left shoulder, the cape is kind of folded over at the cowl slightly which looks like a factory error. Not a huge deal, I'm sure I could fix it, I just don't really want to start pulling at the cape though.

You can see I straightened the emblem.

He feels so good in hand. I think folks are going to love him. I love One:12 figures but this is the first time I own one and have felt like "Damn, this is a mini Hot Toys." Not just because the figure uses fabric, but because of the incredible face sculpt, how they used the fabric, the high-quality feel of the entire figure. This has none of the flaws of Armored Batman (so far) but all of the positives and then some.

I'm honestly considering dumping my MAFEX Batman. This thing has a better look, better range of motion, a better feel. If you want a definitive 6" BvS Batman, this is going to be it. Maybe my opinion will change in a few hours but I don't know, I doubt it.

i don't know if it's the photos that makes this impression, but for me the body proportions are all wrong...it seems really too short..

...no Superman on sight? :\

he didnt say so .i thought i read it was november for bats and december for supes ,but could be mistaken

the guy posted more pictures of bats ,not loving the cape but its still a ace looking figure :yess:

ZXEoVUw.jpg
j88OK5G.jpg
pIxnpba.jpg
AWmxbzl.jpg
IsAxAYd.jpg
yDamJXr.jpg
iUMUDIB.jpg
iUMUDIB.jpg
iUMUDIB.jpg
8ZvnKXs.jpg
8ZvnKXs.jpg
AUNE8mr.jpg
arww8Sw.jpg

There you go! Not every picture is a winner as I'm mostly experimenting. The crouching ones are me testing out the articulation since someone asked for that. That's about as much of a crouch as I feel comfortable doing, someone else might be able to get more out of him. I think he holds the gun from Armored Batman okay, I wasn't in the mood to mess with the strap. I think it works though!

My favorite one is the second to last with him loading the grappling gun. That last shot with the three Batarangs, they aren't in there securely. Not sure there is a way to do that but I wanted to make a bit of a homage to DKR.

The cape is still a bit tough to pose just because of the pleather material used. It takes awhile to get used to. The only other complaint I have is the angry face looks more like he's mildly annoyed or constipated. :lol: The weapons slide really easily into the hands, the hands feel soft but not like low-quality plastic soft. Batman holds the weapons well and they just kind of slide in.

I'll do comparisons tomorrow night, too late for me to be digging in the closet pulling out figures.

I still really love him, haven't had this much fun with a figure in a long time. Might even top the DKR Batman for me. I like him waaaay more than Armored Batman.

Hmmm it actually looks good. The cape looks like it needs some fudging but other than that, it looks better than in promo pics and cons.

ALthough in the previous pics by that guy he looks like MEGO.

Nice to see a topic on Mezco. Damn their Dark Knight Returns figure (and all of its variants) was so promising, they nailed it to perfection, especially for a figure this size.. They made me buy all versions of this guy.

Don't know how you all feel, but to me Mezco completely dropped the ball, total cop-out with their choice of figures to come, and the quality has gone to the toilets.
All their figures aren't bad, but man 2 years ago, I felt they could compete with Hot Toys and more than that: complete Hot Toys, in a smaller scale, and that alone was an outstanding promise.

I will say, for me their best figures are TDKR and Spock. They NAILED those two.

I saw what they want to release next year and damn, there's not a single figure I really want, the head sculpts are complete failures for me. Like Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad: the figure itself looks great, the clothes and all, but wtf is this headsculpt? Is this a joke?
The Joker figure is maybe the only one I may get to go along with the Dark Knight Returns guys, but.. why didn't they finish their TDKR line? Where is the Superman we deserve? Where is the Armored Batman from TDKR? Where is the quality they put in their Batman figures?

Like, I'm all in for a smaller Knightmare Batman figure, but from the video I've seen of the Mezco one.. the coat is waaaay to cheap, and the clothes are too baggy, it lacks detail.. they completely dropped the ball. Maybe I'm asking too much, but I thought their goal was to rival Hot Toys in a smaller scale, and they did 2 years ago, but man if they release Knightmare Batman the way they presented it, I'm not buying it. I have the Hot Toys one and except from the weathering of the coat and the way the coat falls on the shoulders, it's perfection. I don't see the point of buying a smaller version if it's not up to HT standards.

I don't know what you all think of this brand, but I'm so disappointed by them. I thought they had a plan going, that they wanted quality, but they're completely selling out and copping out.

Still, their TDKR figures are to me the best versions ever of this character when it comes to articulated figures. They nailed it and the box is completely awesome. What happened Mezco?

I don't know what you all think of this brand, but I'm so disappointed by them. I thought they had a plan going, that they wanted quality, but they're completely selling out and copping out.

I don't know what you mean by "selling out" and "copping out." Mezco is still put out amazing 1/12 figures. Of course it can't be exactly like Hot Toys. It's a 6 inch figure. It's already amazing the amount of details they're able to put on this small scale figure. I have the DKR Batman, Mutant Leader, Classic Captain America, Modern Captain America, Judge Dredd and the Lawmaster. None of these figures felt cheap or low quality. Every single one of the Mezco figures I have I feel is amazing and I love what Mezco have done with their 1/12 line. I just need them to speed up production cause I need more.

Yup.

It's not so much quality as it is design choices and execution, I also thought they knew what they were doing, but they're just a 1/12 Sideshow now in terms of designs.

As far as I can tell, none of their following releases have sold like their TDKR Batman... They should take the hint.

more of this guys pictures and thoughts
The Armored Batman is taller than the normal one and you can tell it's the same body underneath, or at least it's super close. It really does look like the regular figure slapped a bunch of armor onto him and looks really nice in person. The angle makes them look similar in size but I'd say Armored Batman is like half a head taller thanks to the boots?

I'll get some better shots tonight, I just had them out on the desk together while I'm working and figured I'd snap a quick shot :D

Also: Hello to other forums! I saw my pictures got shared to Sideshow Freaks and one of the big things they talked about was the cape. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not really one to mess with my figures beyond how they come out of the box in terms of modding them but yea, I can see a lot of people either making a custom cape or using techniques to try to adjust this one.
Last edited by Roufuss on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
XeYsLKa.jpg

No need to apologize! I know folks have a ton of questions and I'm glad to help inform people so they can make a good purchase.

The head just takes very little force to pop off -- it won't come off easily while you're posing it, I never had it come off by accident. It just requires a tiny bit of force and it easily slides off. I know there are some figures I've owned, such as NECA and Hasbro ones, where you need an iron grip to get the head to come off and go back on. The hands are also easy to swap out.

Trust me when I say the QC, at least on the figure I have, is spot on. Really, the only issue I can see people having is with the cape and how it feels / drapes, and I think it will be a personal thing.
[/QUOT

Attachments

• e1Dlzpi.jpg
    e1Dlzpi.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 185
Closeup of the heads, Mezco on left, Mafex on right:
p5Q3Dl5.jpg

The Mezco One:12 is superior in every way. It's bulkier, for starters, which you can tell in the first picture. It has much better range of motion than the MAFEX version, remember that MAFEX is the Batman who can't even put his arms out to his side. The cape is superior. The MAFEX cape just feels really flimsy after handling the One:12 version.

The Mezco One:12 version is noticeably larger than the MAFEX version which means no figure from that series is really going to scale well. I'll dig Superman up later to see but he's the same size to my knowledge.

The emblem on the Mezco version looks slightly more screen accurate, its a bit thicker than the MAFEX one.

But look at those heads. There is a world of difference between the two. The eyes have so much more detail and the Mezco one blows it away in terms of just pure sculpt.

There was a lot of folks saying the MAFEX Batman was the best 6" Batman so far, I was one of them at the time, but there is a new king in town.

Here is a shot showing the full range of motion in the arms. Mezco is on the bottom, MAFEX on top.

To be fair, the Mafex one can get into better crouching positions, but that's the only thing it has going for it.

For fun, I switched the heads on the bodies! They aren't compatible at all, they are just sitting on the ball joint loosely.

Mezco head on MAFEX body:

Mafex head on Mezco body:

The MAFEX head looks like an Affleck who hasn't slept in two weeks who has been on a bender the whole time. I still dig the MAFEX one, don't get me wrong, the cape is still great for action poses and it's 1/2 price of the Mezco one but if you just want one singular Batman and money is no object, Mezco is the best 6" one. I own both because I'm impatient and dumb. :lol:

Oh, the suit on the Mezco one is also a darker shade of gray. Possibly more screen accurate?

Don't own any Mattel BvS figures, I don't think we need to make that comparison, though.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Postby Roufuss » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:14 am

I guess MAFEX Superman could work with this guy scale wise but... you can tell there is a huge divide in quality between the two:

Also, I noticed in some angles and light my One:12 bat symbol has some white marks on it, you can see it in some pictures but not others. Looks like it was there from the beginning, I make sure to wash and dry my hands thoroughly before handling these so it's definitely not my fault :lol:

It's not a huge deal, it could be intended, the bat symbol has scratches in it too and those were there from the very first promo shots. I'll be curious to see if anyone else has it on theirs. I forgot to mention the cape itself has a really nice weathering effect at the bottom of it:

One last shot for the night I think, Batman and Batman:

Yea, the capes are a mess, it's getting late and I was trying to put them back to back as much as I can to show the height difference.

Final shot of the night:

A passing of the torch. I loved the DKR figure, I still do, but it comes off as downright archaic next to this Batman. Mezco has really come so far in a short amount of time.

Tomorrow I'll dig out the Hot Toys and get some shots with him for fun. Let me know if you guys want to see anything else! My lighting isn't ideal and I really don't take a lot of figure shots so I'm learning as I go.

yPCdwlg.jpg
rtx5w8K.jpg
4LXijcL.jpg
n0qUSKG.jpg
Ry6SsBi.jpg
3x0SV2P.jpg
lrZvD4k.jpg

Nice to see a topic on Mezco. Damn their Dark Knight Returns figure (and all of its variants) was so promising, they nailed it to perfection, especially for a figure this size.. They made me buy all versions of this guy.

Don't know how you all feel, but to me Mezco completely dropped the ball, total cop-out with their choice of figures to come, and the quality has gone to the toilets.
All their figures aren't bad, but man 2 years ago, I felt they could compete with Hot Toys and more than that: complete Hot Toys, in a smaller scale, and that alone was an outstanding promise.

I will say, for me their best figures are TDKR and Spock. They NAILED those two.

I saw what they want to release next year and damn, there's not a single figure I really want, the head sculpts are complete failures for me. Like Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad: the figure itself looks great, the clothes and all, but wtf is this headsculpt? Is this a joke?
The Joker figure is maybe the only one I may get to go along with the Dark Knight Returns guys, but.. why didn't they finish their TDKR line? Where is the Superman we deserve? Where is the Armored Batman from TDKR? Where is the quality they put in their Batman figures?

Like, I'm all in for a smaller Knightmare Batman figure, but from the video I've seen of the Mezco one.. the coat is waaaay to cheap, and the clothes are too baggy, it lacks detail.. they completely dropped the ball. Maybe I'm asking too much, but I thought their goal was to rival Hot Toys in a smaller scale, and they did 2 years ago, but man if they release Knightmare Batman the way they presented it, I'm not buying it. I have the Hot Toys one and except from the weathering of the coat and the way the coat falls on the shoulders, it's perfection. I don't see the point of buying a smaller version if it's not up to HT standards.

Still, their TDKR figures are to me the best versions ever of this character when it comes to articulated figures. They nailed it and the box is completely awesome. What happened Mezco?

I agree as well. Hearing of issues/complaints with Cap and Armored Batman, my biggest concerns (which I have already expressed here, on the Fwoosh, and directly to Mezco) are with the design choices being made. When TDKR Batman was announced, I thought for sure my years of collecting were culminating in the most epic DC line I could imagine. I'm in for BVS Bats and Supes, as they are faithful repros of their film look. But so far the comic based figures are falling flat for me. I have Shazam on preorder and that's it. I will decide on Black Adam after Shazam arrrives. If they do TDKR Supes I will definitely order it. I want to support what Mezco has here but they aren't offering much I want to pay for. I have PX Dredd and Mutant Leader as well. I will get Space Ghost, as that is a great looking figure that is faithful to his longtime appearance. I'm passing on DC and Marvel characters I love because of the "Sideshow-ing" of them. Totally hear what you are saying.

I'm just baffled as to who in the world thought adding their little items of "flair" like the shoulder pads on Daredevil was a good idea.

The DKR figures were amazing cause they were pretty much 100% accurate...ripped right from the page. I don't want Daredevil with stupid shoulder pads. I want him to look like how Frank Miller drew him!

Also, the separate "shorts" on the DKR figure worked really really well. Why in the world are they sewing them all into one-piece pajamas now? Doesn't look very good.

If they do continue with DKR figures like Superman or Joker, I hope the quality returns.

I didn't get Judge Dredd but he looked good from all the pics I saw. It was only when they added all the DC and Marvel stuff that it seemed to me like they started to drop the ball.

Yeah I completely agree with you. A shame they're not continuing their TDKR figures. I would love The Joker figure. Superman and armored Batman as well. Their Bat V Supes figures arent that bad but.. I compare them to Hot Toys and The quality gap is huge. The prices arent The same but i dont mind paying 4 times The price to go for The most perfect version. I bought TDKR exclusive mezco for 150 dollars as I missed The preorder and to me it was Worth it Even though it's originallly a 65 dollars figure. They HAVE to Wake up and realize where the potential is for hardcore collectors.

Back