Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered one, selected payment, all going well, and then ... error. The good thing is, I prefer 1/6 but got caught up in the FOMO because it looks so good. After the error, I took a breath and walked away. Not easy for a toy addict like me, and I'm sure I'll still lust after it, but baby steps ;)

Man, I missed out. I wasn’t able to be online during most of the Pre-Order window. When I finally was able to get online, I checked and it was still available but I was too busy to actually place the order. 20 mins later when I finally had a chance to sit down and proceed it was sold out. What a bummer. I got on the waitlist immediately but that’s small consolation right now. I almost missed out completely because I just happened the check this thread the night before the Pre-Order went live and I don’t check this thread every day.

These kind of blink-and-you’ll-miss-it pre-order windows for such highly desirable items just suck. Why on earth would they make this a difficult-to-obtain exclusive? I’ve never bought anything from Mezco before but this experience isn’t building any kind of good will on my end. I think I might just stick to Mafex for my 1/12 scale Batman fix. ‘89 has always been my absolute favorite version of the Bat and I would’ve loved a high quality 6 inch version. I guess I’ll just console myself with the awesome quarter scale Neca. At least he wasn’t impossible to get.

Man, I missed out. I wasn’t able to be online during most of the Pre-Order window. When I finally was able to get online, I checked and it was still available but I was too busy to actually place the order. 20 mins later when I finally had a chance to sit down and proceed it was sold out. What a bummer. I got on the waitlist immediately but that’s small consolation right now. I almost missed out completely because I just happened the check this thread the night before the Pre-Order went live and I don’t check this thread every day.

These kind of blink-and-you’ll-miss-it pre-order windows for such highly desirable items just suck. Why on earth would they make this a difficult-to-obtain exclusive? I’ve never bought anything from Mezco before but this experience isn’t building any kind of good will on my end. I think I might just stick to Mafex for my 1/12 scale Batman fix. ‘89 has always been my absolute favorite version of the Bat and I would’ve loved a high quality 6 inch version. I guess I’ll just console myself with the awesome quarter scale Neca. At least he wasn’t impossible to get.

He's available again on BBTS for small mark up.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/113657

Had trouble getting my order through. Kept denying me, even when using Paypal, it would say payment declined. I went back to sleep, then woke up to five orders. Lord

Thanks. I’m not sure if I wanna pull the trigger on that or not. The regular retail price was already at (well, really above if I’m honest) the upper limit of sanity for a 6 inch figure. I think I may just take my chances with the waitlist. I’m already frustrated that they changed from a figure in a suit to a seamless rubber body without any warning. Paying aftermarket markup to boot is just too much to swallow.

I haven't been paying attention to Mezco...what are the chances of this line being expanded to include other Burton characters, or something crazy like a 1:12 Batmobile?

I haven't been paying attention to Mezco...what are the chances of this line being expanded to include other Burton characters, or something crazy like a 1:12 Batmobile?

I?d say it?s a good bet. I?d suggest the joker, Batman, maybe more will come. They just don?t seem to be in a hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?d say it?s a good bet. I?d suggest the joker, Batman, maybe more will come. They just don?t seem to be in a hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly doubt we'll get anything else, maybe a Batman Returns figure, but I don't see them negotiating to get anyone else's likeness rights. Well I guess I don't know if Batman Returns tied up the likenesses with that movie? Since there's been Penguin figures, and at least a 1/4 scale NECA Catwoman right?

I honestly think once Jack passes away we'll get more licensing. But anyway, no prototypes were shown from any Batman movies.

I honestly doubt we'll get anything else, maybe a Batman Returns figure, but I don't see them negotiating to get anyone else's likeness rights. Well I guess I don't know if Batman Returns tied up the likenesses with that movie? Since there's been Penguin figures, and at least a 1/4 scale NECA Catwoman right?

I honestly think once Jack passes away we'll get more licensing. But anyway, no prototypes were shown from any Batman movies.

I guess licensing/likeness restrictions and cost are why they tend to go nuts with their Mez-Flair interpretations. For the most part I haven't been a fan of this line in spite of their very strong start way back, but I admit if I saw them go deep with a Burton Bats line they might break me and make me eat my high-falutin' words.

Probably won't happen though.

*looks smug for the moment*

This being an exclusive is another reason why I don't see the Burton Batman films as turning into a line. I mean they're doing that with Gomez but it's a character no one cares about other than Mezco fans.

I was going to preorder this and then I took a good look at the preview pics. I noticed they don't have any pics with the knees bent more than just a bit and then I saw that it will be a seamless rubber body, which usually means not all that posable. And I totally get why they went that way. The actual suit was not mobile to begin with. However, I like posing my displays and action poses so I am going to have to hold back for now.

And I totally get why they went that way

They did it for the same reason Hot Toys did, it’s probably more cost effective to simply make a one piece sculpted rubber suit instead of going all out and making an actual costume that is stitched and put together. It’s bull **** though because that’s what Mezco one:12 prides themselves in. 6” figures with intricate clothing and costumes.

Batman could kick and jump in the movie, how Mezco had the costume before with the segmented armor plates for the prototype was ideal. That’s how a Keaton Batman should be made. I really wish they hadn’t shown that. It will forever go down as what “could have been” and now that they scrapped it, I doubt another company will ever try.

Since they’ve opted to do this seamless body with armature, it better be a silicone material with metal endoskeleton. If this thing ends up being a rubber body with plastic skeleton, I’m selling it. They really should list what it’s made out of in the product description.

If this is all rubber, I'm dumping asap. F that noise. Not familiar with silicone durability, but I guess we'll see.

I hate the rough texture. Hoping that gets smoothed out and the final product looks more like the film costume.

1287441398_2698_scr1.jpg

Man, everyone here going on about Keaton Bats and I'm just sitting here wondering "Where the HELL is Hal Jordan?!"

Back