Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’re exactly right. I mean, we could get upset, but what would that change? I’m just happy I was able to get mine.

I was in a policy meeting for the school district I work at (I’m a technology director) and we were deciding policies that will affect all 5000 ppl in the district.

I managed to do that and get my Jim Gordon figure, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are such grown ups! :):)

To be fair, pretty much everyone expected them to put these exclusives up around now, a few weeks before SDCC. They always go up on Wednesdays at 1PM EST and they were both up for 1/2 hour to an hour. They sent out an email on Tuesday saying this was the figure going up on Wednesday, and then sent another email on Wednesday when it went up.

They changed their model it seemed with the Toy Fair Gomez and the John Wick in that they seemed to be leaving them up for a day to a few days to collect orders and make to order. But Gordon and Gomez were con exclusives so they're already all produced. If I had to guess, they ship more of these than sell at the Con floor.

NECA seems to do the opposite. Either that or they just make far fewer sets. I mean the TMNT set this year was sold out in 2-3 minutes every day it went up. A total of less than 10 minutes of availability; that's much worse IMO.

To be fair, pretty much everyone expected them to put these exclusives up around now, a few weeks before SDCC. They always go up on Wednesdays at 1PM EST and they were both up for 1/2 hour to an hour. They sent out an email on Tuesday saying this was the figure going up on Wednesday, and then sent another email on Wednesday when it went up.

They changed their model it seemed with the Toy Fair Gomez and the John Wick in that they seemed to be leaving them up for a day to a few days to collect orders and make to order. But Gordon and Gomez were con exclusives so they're already all produced. If I had to guess, they ship more of these than sell at the Con floor.

NECA seems to do the opposite. Either that or they just make far fewer sets. I mean the TMNT set this year was sold out in 2-3 minutes every day it went up. A total of less than 10 minutes of availability; that's much worse IMO.

I'm glad i do not collect Neca, that would be very frustrating. And you are right i have a perm calendar event for every Wednesday at 10am just to remind me that something could be going up, and since I've done that i have not missed one exclusive, you just have to keep trying until you actually get that confirmation page and or email. Still though not every collector can do that unfortunatly... And good point about these being already produced, which is very cool as it means they will be coming in quickly. Still glad they stopped the limit of 6! I remember last year with punisher after that sold out super fast, there were a lot of eBay auctions with 5 or 6 up for sale! limiting to 2is much better.

One thing so far with mezco's too is they do not do re releases, at least not yet. Which is good and bad.

Mezco also did them all on one day, don’t have licensing restrictions, and Neca’s DC exclusives lasted just as long, if not longer. The sad nature of con exclusives is they won’t be available to everyone because they aren’t for everyone. Whether it’s a niche item or a must have, they won’t please everyone. NECA and Mezco are in desperate need of some website upgrades but other than that there is little that can or will change about con exclusives. :dunno

Yeah I know they are restricted but I think Neca knows they feed the scalper market and the fact that a tmnt set is sold out three days in a row in one second is ridiculous. Two per customer doesn’t work and I think 90% of those second sets are on eBay. I think Mezco has improved with each ex release as far as allowing a window of time for people to purchase...oh and it’s not just Neca Bandai is terrible about preorder windows for stuff like dx chogokin and metal builds

John Wick is a pre-order item. They can make as many as they want. Gordon is already produced. In order to have him ready for SDCC they had to already set the edition size and produce them. That is how there’s already reviews of him. So Mezco can’t just leave the orders open for days like Wick. They had to guess an edition size and clearly it was still too small.

Got on the waitlist for Gordon. Not sure if Mezco's waitlist works the same as SideShow's for not. They certainly act like you are purchasing the item from them (and charge you like you are, too!).

Got on the waitlist for Gordon. Not sure if Mezco's waitlist works the same as SideShow's for not. They certainly act like you are purchasing the item from them (and charge you like you are, too!).

Each time I got on a waitlist from Mezco I’ve received the figure....can’t promise but it’s always worked out for me

Each time I got on a waitlist from Mezco I’ve received the figure....can’t promise but it’s always worked out for me

I have one experience of a wait listed item not working out. Onyx Batman was the only figure I have missed, previously waitlisted Deluxe Joker and Batman Beyond and both converted. Fingers crossed for Gordon but I am feeling a very limited run available and will be snapped up at the con. ( But readily available at 2X the cost on eBay-thats life I guess).

A two pack of both Batman & Joker would be amazing. Really hoping Keaton Batman won't be some weird exclusive.

I would take a Robin in any incarnation over the rubber suited Keaton... wonder if Mezco will jack up the articulation so it matches the movie?

Thought I read somewhere the dearth of Robins was some weird licensing issue... makes zero sense.

A Jack Joker would be interesting to see, but they could've just been posting articles related to him since it was recently the 30th anniversary of Burton's Batman.

I would take a Robin in any incarnation over the rubber suited Keaton... wonder if Mezco will jack up the articulation so it matches the movie?

Thought I read somewhere the dearth of Robins was some weird licensing issue... makes zero sense.

Same. Its the only plausible reason for no Robins. Robin = multiples = $Money. We would take Grayson/Drake/Todd/Damian probably even Carrie

Must be weird licensing tape.

Back