Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
北京国安;9969295 said:
Custom drape cape

28114f801262b193b57a0be5348aa4f7.jpg

c0e61d27af5cd6583dace99c56b815f3.jpg

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Love the cape, make it look alot better

Opened my regular issue cat woman and found she had a broken right knee - thankfully BBTS is pretty good with returns on defects

Love this Jaxon cape - cant wait to order

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With Mattel losing the DC line, hopefully that opens things up for Mezco to make more comic accurate figures and finally complete the DKR line...or at least Superman and Joker.

They just announced 2 comic Green Lanterns. I can't imagine anything about Mattel's license affects what Mezco can do aside from the price point they have to do.

They just announced 2 comic Green Lanterns. I can't imagine anything about Mattel's license affects what Mezco can do aside from the price point they have to do.

You need to re-read my post.

Pretty sure Mezco can’t produce comic accurate DC or Marvel figures. Hence why they started with DKR, announced that they would be doing more figures based on Mez’s Favorite comic (the reason they started with DKRs), then abandoned it completely.

Next thing you know, Mez Flair was born. That’s why the two GLs, you speak of, look the way they do.

Pretty sure Mattel’s master license prevents Mezco from making comic faithful renditions of DC characters in this scale save for a few.

That’d be cool. While I enjoy Batman their DC line needs to expand a bit

Agreed

I can't imagine a license being written so you can create a toy based on a comic character but it can't be 100% accurate to the comic.

I can't imagine a license being written so you can create a toy based on a comic character but it can't be 100% accurate to the comic.

I can, unfortunately. These licenses are often stupidly specific and fought over by the holders. LEGO used to sell individual figures with magnetic bases that the figures could be removed from. Hasbro complained because they thought that the solo Star Wars characters LEGO was creating in this fashion violated their licensing agreement and was reducing the sales of their own Star Wars figures. LEGO had to start gluing the figures to the magnetic bases in order to continue selling them.

Great collection.

I noticed the pics on Mezco FB page and Inhad a few questions.

1) where did you get cross steeple for DD?
2) where did you get flame effect for Red Skull flamethrower?

Thanks

Great collection.

I noticed the pics on Mezco FB page and Inhad a few questions.

1) where did you get cross steeple for DD?
2) where did you get flame effect for Red Skull flamethrower?

Thanks

The cross came from Marvel Select Daredevil, I can’t remember where the flame effect is from. It might have come from Legends figure.

I can, unfortunately. These licenses are often stupidly specific and fought over by the holders. LEGO used to sell individual figures with magnetic bases that the figures could be removed from. Hasbro complained because they thought that the solo Star Wars characters LEGO was creating in this fashion violated their licensing agreement and was reducing the sales of their own Star Wars figures. LEGO had to start gluing the figures to the magnetic bases in order to continue selling them.

Yup...it’s called Spli-censing. It’s what allows Mezco to create figures in the same scale as Hasbro without violating their license. Same reason Neca couldn’t release their 7” Batman/Predator set. The Batman violates either Mattel or DCC’s license. Sets been on hold every since.

Some more explanation:

Last edited:

It's pretty easy to understand. Hasbro and Mattel pay big bucks for the DC license and Marvel license. Being the master license owner they want to make sure there investment is protected. But by the same token more license holders means more money so they let other companies have the license as well as long as those companies don't infringe on the main holder.

Back