Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then how did they manage to do TDKR figures? :dunno

They only did one with a **** ton of variants. It probably happened because of some type of agreement clause in the license when they were just acquiring it. All anecdotal evidence I know, but the only companies making actual comic based DC characters are DCC and Mattel. Any other company like Art Efx or SIdeshow are making comic based statues and that’s it. Even NECA hasn’t been able to get that Batman/Predator set out. No signs of it at SDCC at all. Mez said in Eamons podcast that they were working on Superman and had plans for more from TDKR as it’s Mez’s favorite rendition of Batman. He even, if I remember correctly...been some years, that he created the line specifically to produce THAT Batman. That being the case, why would they just stop making figures from Mez’s favorite Batman book and arguably their most popular figure line?

Literally the stupidest ***** ever

Not really. Just how licenses work really. You have the same thing with Marvel. Hasbro seems to be the master license holder for figures based on Marvel Comics. That license seems to span multiple scales. They probably have to produce figures in those scales every so often to maintain their first right of refusal status, hence we get a year or so of 12” figures and then this year they showed nothing at all. Same for the 3 3/4” stuff.

On another note: I got two exclusive SDCC Batman Beyond figures coming. I picked mine up from the show. Willing to let these go for a decent price.

PM me if interested.

They only did one with a **** ton of variants. It probably happened because of some type of agreement clause in the license when they were just acquiring it. All anecdotal evidence I know, but the only companies making actual comic based DC characters are DCC and Mattel. Any other company like Art Efx or SIdeshow are making comic based statues and that’s it. Even NECA hasn’t been able to get that Batman/Predator set out. No signs of it at SDCC at all. Mez said in Eamons podcast that they were working on Superman and had plans for more from TDKR as it’s Mez’s favorite rendition of Batman. He even, if I remember correctly...been some years, that he created the line specifically to produce THAT Batman. That being the case, why would they just stop making figures from Mez’s favorite Batman book and arguably their most popular figure line?

Not really. Just how licenses work really. You have the same thing with Marvel. Hasbro seems to be the master license holder for figures based on Marvel Comics. That license seems to span multiple scales. They probably have to produce figures in those scales every so often to maintain their first right of refusal status, hence we get a year or so of 12” figures and then this year they showed nothing at all. Same for the 3 3/4” stuff.

On another note: I got two exclusive SDCC Batman Beyond figures coming. I picked mine up from the show. Willing to let these go for a decent price.

PM me if interested.

What about the Revoltech Batman and Deathstroke?

That’s a different market, different price point and they do have a different style to them. If we want them, we have to import them. They’re not solicited to the US retail market.

Revoltechs are based on a different play scheme. The way “splicensing” works is, there has to be enough difference in the product to warrant a separate license. Geographical market, play scheme, “Flair”...it all plays a part. Not enough diffence and the main license holder screams foul! (NECA Batman) and the project is canned, put on hold or goes into negotiation.

Man I just hope they will do a normal TDKR / TDK III version
No more of that exclusive & limited to 3 p/p BS! I mean it's just so frustrating to get a toy these days

WW looking good, good likeness to GG and nice sculpt, however, single jointed elbows are a bit restrictive.

WW looking good, good likeness to GG and nice sculpt, however, single jointed elbows are a bit restrictive.

:exactly:

I know there will be people bitchin about the sculpt , but look at the lighting in the video, too bland. I can see Gadot’s WW expression in this . I think this will be fine

Mezco shipped Batman Beyond. Supposed to get it tomorrow. Didn't realize they were located in NY, same as me. One day shipping.

Mezco shipped Batman Beyond. Supposed to get it tomorrow. Didn't realize they were located in NY, same as me. One day shipping.

Still waitlisted. Given it was up for sale for such a VERY short period of time sure hope they build some extras.

Still waitlisted. Given it was up for sale for such a VERY short period of time sure hope they build some extras.
I hope so too. I got on the waitlist minutes after the presale went off. I was literally logging onto my account to preorder it when it changed to waitlist status on me :mad::gah:

I'm sure there are always a few credit card errors so you might be in luck.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My Batman Beyond is supposed to be coming on Saturday. Looking very much forward to it. It was expensive, especially with the shipping making it more than Ive ever spent on a single toy item, but I think it will be worth it and if not, I can always just sell it on ebay. :wink1:

Back