Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a problem when talking about scale, imports are often true 1/12th, American lines are oversized.

Hell, if Storm Collectibles had more releases at this time, that one would be the undisputed best "1/12th".

Contradiction here. Storm Collectibles is an import and not true 1/12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storm is strong competition. If they get more releases they could beat them out. All I know is I have a shelf with Black Series, Figuarts, Mezco, Legends, Select and and the one Mezco figure I currently have always catches everyones eye. It just stands out every time.

Storm is strong competition. If they get more releases they could beat them out. All I know is I have a shelf with Black Series, Figuarts, Mezco, Legends, Select and and the one Mezco figure I currently have always catches everyones eye. It just stands out every time.

Just give Mezco their due!!!

3A is closer to Mego then Mezco is. 3A has one body type(except for female body), Mego had one body type(except for female and obese body)--Mezco has several body types.
Not even close, 3A clothing is much more intrincate than Mezco, even 3AGO which is supposed to be a Mego homage is more sophisticated than Mezco's best outfit.

Also, 3A has other bucks, they use them rarely but they use them and their clothes fit just as good.

With 3A, there is just one body type(i.e. Stick figure). It is much easier to profect a pattern for one size fits all and reuse it over and over and over for a stick figure--the challenge comes in when making form fitting clothes for a muscular body suck as Mezco--which at the onset had six different body types.
Like I mentioned, other bucks.

Also, standard 3A body has much more articulation than Mezco's.

If if were true that Mezcos Harley's body lookes like "Barbie", Barbies have sold millions of figures because of the body. Harley is a good figure--I'd like to more range of motion in the knees, and elbows.
So, you agree it's a toyish awkward body, because it looks out of place even among other Mezco figures.

You not seeing Mezco doing anything soon," with a Boba fett prototype--doesn't mean or show anything other then what you think
Actually, it's pretty well verifyable, there's nothing that comes even close to that 4 year old prototype, and there's no figure in sight that shows their techique is getting better.

Contradiction here. Storm Collectibles is an import and not true 1/12.
Where's the contradiction? I'm no judging any line based on scale since each line has its own scale and is in line with it.

I posted this in the "Wanted" section but I thought I'd make a go of it here too.

WTB: Mezco one:12 collective Classic (comic book ) Superman
Would pay $100 shipped in the USA. Yes it is less than typical eBay prices but this isn't eBay
I would even take him with out the box as long as he is complete and new condition.
PM me please.

Not even close, 3A clothing is much more intrincate than Mezco, even 3AGO which is supposed to be a Mego homage is more sophisticated than Mezco's best outfit.

Also, 3A has other bucks, they use them rarely but they use them and their clothes fit just as good.

So, you agree it's a toyish awkward body, because it looks out of place even among other Mezco figures.

Actually, it's pretty well verifyable, there's nothing that comes even close to that 4 year old prototype, and there's no figure in sight that shows their techique is getting better.

Where's the contradiction? I'm no judging any line based on scale since each line has its own scale and is in line with it.

There is no way in the world that mego's are more interincate the mezco--I've had mego's in my hand and the quality of the suit and the figure is no way near that of mezco(your statement is dishonest) Besides that site you referenced is a custom site.

3a has other bucks-- stick figures, the Russian astronaut-- you really want to compare these to mezco?

3A is a stick body--no way as complicated or as aesthetically pleasing to the eye as mezco figures.

Articulation of the 3A--there articulation is the worst in the 1/12 scale--they can't hold poses when their fully clothed and the ones with ankle articulation look hideous. There best figures are the grunt figures--the ones the the trench coats--and they don't even have poseble ankles. There New figure Von Nom commander is the only figure with poseble ankles.

I don't know where you're from- but for me to say that Barbie has sold millions of copies, does not mean that I agree with you

"Actually, it's pretty well verifyable, there's nothing that comes even close to that 4 year old prototype, and there's no figure in sight that shows their techique is getting better."--what dose this mean? You need to explain this.

In short, Mego's are in no way comparable to Mezco(unless you mean they both held the licenses marvel and DC at the same time). I have owned both--intellectually dishonest!

3A articulation better than Mezco. The grunt figures didn't have ankle articulation until this new release of Von Nom commander which is going to be released in 2 months--intellectually dishonest!

And lets look at the clothing issue--All of the figures for 3A are the same size with mild variations(t shirt vs long sleeves, short pants, long pants, trench coats vs no trench coat--there is nothing intricate about cutting long sleeves in to short sleeves, or long pants into short pants--after you've made thousands of figures(hundreds Maybe).

There is no way in the world that mego's are more interincate the mezco--I've had mego's in my hand and the quality of the suit and the figure is no way near that of mezco(your statement is dishonest) Besides that site you referenced is a custom site.
Read that part again.

3a has other bucks-- stick figures, the Russian astronaut-- you really want to compare these to mezco?
Why not? You seem to indicate more bucks is something extraordinary.

3A is a stick body--no way as complicated or as aesthetically pleasing to the eye as mezco figures.
Actually, that's not true, 3A's body is more intrincate and have more engineering than Mezco's base body.

Articulation of the 3A--there articulation is the worst in the 1/12 scale--they can't hold poses when their fully clothed and the ones with ankle articulation look hideous. There best figures are the grunt figures--the ones the the trench coats--and they don't even have poseble ankles. There New figure Von Nom commander is the only figure with poseble ankles.
Most of this statement is false, the articulation is better, the range of motion is better, this is a fact.

As for the lack of ankle in boots, that is true, it's fixed now but all figures before this have this con.

I don't know where you're from- but for me to say that Barbie has sold millions of copies, does not mean that I agree with you
Then it's an odd appeal to popularity that doesn't add to your argument.

"Actually, it's pretty well verifyable, there's nothing that comes even close to that 4 year old prototype, and there's no figure in sight that shows their techique is getting better."--what dose this mean? You need to explain this.
Is there a Mezco figure that looks anywhere near as good as that boba fett proto?

In short, Mego's are in no way comparable to Mezco(unless you mean they both held the licenses marvel and DC at the same time). I have owned both--intellectually dishonest!
You have no idea what you're argument against or for.

3A articulation better than Mezco. The grunt figures didn't have ankle articulation until this new release of Von Nom commander which is going to be released in 2 months--intellectually dishonest!
Doesn't disprove my point.

And lets look at the clothing issue--All of the figures for 3A are the same size with mild variations(t shirt vs long sleeves, short pants, long pants, trench coats vs no trench coat--there is nothing intricate about cutting long sleeves in to short sleeves, or long pants into short pants--after you've made thousands of figures(hundreds Maybe).
The stitching, double stitching, pouches, belt loops, etc etc is the intrincate part, none of these things can Mezco replicate yet, they can't event do pouches without "adding bulk".

Again, see the astronaut or that boba fett.

Ahaha not going to have this debate again but clearly I can't take seriously comments on SHF FiguArts being better than Mezco. Or even Mego & ThreeA offering clothes on par with Mezco, it's just not true.

Mezco One:12 line is just the best 1/12 toy line out there and I'll keep on giving them my cash, I hope they last for the longest time possible.

Ahaha not going to have this debate again but clearly I can't take seriously comments on SHF FiguArts being better than Mezco. Or even Mego & ThreeA offering clothes on par with Mezco, it's just not true.

Mezco One:12 line is just the best 1/12 toy line out there and I'll keep on giving them my cash, I hope they last for the longest time possible.

In the case of 3A they're better, it's a fact, sorry.

In the case of 3A they're better, it's a fact, sorry.

Mezco is better than 3A, it’s a fact, sorry.

Here’s 3A’s ugly interpretation of Spider-Man in 1/6.
0d4edcd955e3a856414535693f07c650.jpg

Oh their superhero interpretations are way worse than Mezco's, that's for sure, but due to licensing.

Their know-how is still far superior though, that is the fact, sorry.

Still waiting for that contradiction.

Mezco is better than 3A, it’s a fact, sorry.

Here’s 3A’s ugly interpretation of Spider-Man in 1/6.
0d4edcd955e3a856414535693f07c650.jpg

google search art via "Ashley Wood" thats who designed this and you will see its very much in line with his style.

its not for all of course but its specific to those that dig his style. they(threeA) are in no way trying to hit the masses like mezco are doin or tryin to do. look at this example your using again to prove mez is better, Ashley has Peter controlling a spider bot, he has re imagined the character completely!
how can you compare that to mezco who are in no way re-imagining anything they are simply tweaking costumes? your so far up the butt of mezco you seem blinded.

its apples and oranges you comparing here IMO. threeA are selling to the art scene collectors those that want sumthin drastically dif that what your used to seeing.

mezco are not doin that not even close.

google search art via "Ashley Wood" thats who designed this and you will see its very much in line with his style.

its not for all of course but its specific to those that dig his style. they(threeA) are in no way trying to hit the masses like mezco are doin or tryin to do. look at this example your using again to prove mez is better, Ashley has Peter controlling a spider bot, he has re imagined the character completely!
how can you compare that to mezco who are in no way re-imagining anything they are simply tweaking costumes? your so far up the butt of mezco you seem blinded.

its apples and oranges you comparing here IMO. threeA are selling to the art scene collectors those that want sumthin drastically dif that what your used to seeing.

mezco are not doin that not even close.

You’re so far up Gaspars butt IMHO. He’s the one always comparing 3A to Mez not me [emoji849] and he’s the one always talking crap about Mez interpretations when 3A clearly can’t compete. Not many dig Ashely Woods style, that crap is 60% off now lol

Oh their superhero interpretations are way worse than Mezco's, that's for sure, but due to licensing.

Their know-how is still far superior though, that is the fact, sorry.

Still waiting for that contradiction.

So you’re saying licensing forces 3A to make bad superhero interpretations. I see you said imports are “often” true 1/12. Take that back.

You’re so far up Gaspars butt IMHO. He’s the one always comparing 3A to Mez not me [emoji849] and he’s the one always talking crap about Mez interpretations when 3A clearly can’t compete. Not many dig Ashely Woods style, that crap is 60% off now lol

they(mez and threea) are not competing at all... you have clearly missed the point. :lol

So you’re saying licensing forces 3A to make bad superhero interpretations. I see you said imports are “often” true 1/12. Take that back.

Yes, because they don't give them full licensing.

Again, where is the contradiction? they are often true 1/12, are they not? I'll wait for you to point the contradiction.

They don't compete because they're better, the fanbase is also more discerning and critical, clearly.

Can't believe we are even discussing 3a 1/12 vs Mezco.... 3a are cool for what they are and they make nice clothing but compared to Mezco overal they are archaic with lousy articulation and no interchangeable parts or accessories.....3a is past its prime and Ashley wood is out of ideas.

I think you need to read that again.

Did you miss that point, again making jackets , t shirt, short sleeve, or long sleeve short, short pants, long pants over and over and over and over again--you better get-excellent at doing that. In short, if they haven't got proficient at doing the same thing over and over and over again--something is wrong--and making it for the same figure over and over again is not difficult nor does it show great skill.

Again, 3A bodies are simple with no ankle articulation--poses with figures with no ankle articulation relegates them to a standing straight up pose, or a pose laying the figure on its back--that's not an action figure--it's a statue. Furthermore, it is also a wast of R&D if you engineer intricate joints that you can't use, they wasted there money . Dose this prove you wrong--yes. The question is will you accept it.

one company is catering to the art scene. other is catering to main stream comic fans doin wht we see in comics but with tweaked outfits.

cant compare they doin diff stuff for dif markets.

its like comparing a submarine to a car and sayin cars is clearly better lol

thats like your opinion maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

again LOL

Back