Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to add fuel to the fire, but personally I cannot see how the Hot Toys doesn't look like Ben Affleck. It looks pretty spot on. The Mezco looks less like Ben Affleck to me, but both still look excellent and are fantastic representations of the BVS Batman.
b8a99e0e43de8ff00508be8de6c2fb9e.jpg

Not to add fuel to the fire, but personally I cannot see how the Hot Toys doesn't look like Ben Affleck. It looks pretty spot on. The Mezco looks less like Ben Affleck to me, but both still look excellent and are fantastic representations of the BVS Batman.
...by the look of those photos, Mezco wins. Hot Toys just has a bigger size to add more detail, doesn't mean it's more accurate

Sent from my ALE-L23 using Tapatalk

I think both look like Affleck in their own right... Mezco's would look better with the five o'clock shadow.... That's prob whats throwing it off... But I plan on getting both faces repainted to add the five o clock shadow.

Jakks pacific's Affleck a Batman still has the best BvS likeness and proportions. Better than Hot Toys and Mezco.

Jakks pacific's Affleck a Batman still has the best BvS likeness and proportions. Better than Hot Toys and Mezco.
If only they were more articulated. .. and not weird ass curving arms on Thier Armored Batman.

My attempt at to capture this pose / scene.

63e1220ff70004b1b3fbfa2ae3f93e5a.jpg

213ee64d1faff61991f24313b6308348.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Someone asked about the Armored Batman figure: it is indeed the same exact fabric as the regular Batman suit under the diecast armor. I'm just not sure if the Bat-symbol is there, I tried to look but was cautious about moving the armor too much. I don't think the symbol is there though, from what I was able to see.
There's also something I find crazy: you need 2 small batteries to light up the eyes. The Hot Toys version requires 3 small batteries. Kinda weird, but hope it lasts long enough.

You lost me man. What is "s h * t" ? I think you missed the context of the argument. No one was comparing Marvel Legends/ Black Series to Hot Toys. And if you read the previous posts, you would see my argument for the Hot Toys Batfleck being the best representation of Affleck in figure form, and the 1/4 scale Jungle Hunter predator being a visually stunning piece.

Sorry man I wanted to quote the user that posted pictures, I messed up :lol I saw your point and I agree with you.

My point was that sure, if someone is talented, you can always do some incredible repaint on a garbage figure. But imagine if someone was to do that with an actual Hot Toys figure, it would be even more incredible. I know that some people already do that with molds, but I don't think I've ever seen someone crazy enough to repaint an actual Hot Toys face... There must be people who've done it for sure.

Someone asked about the Armored Batman figure: it is indeed the same exact fabric as the regular Batman suit under the diecast armor. I'm just not sure if the Bat-symbol is there, I tried to look but was cautious about moving the armor too much. I don't think the symbol is there though, from what I was able to see.
There's also something I find crazy: you need 2 small batteries to light up the eyes. The Hot Toys version requires 3 small batteries. Kinda weird, but hope it lasts long enough.

Sorry man I wanted to quote the user that posted pictures, I messed up [emoji38] I saw your point and I agree with you.

My point was that sure, if someone is talented, you can always do some incredible repaint on a garbage figure. But imagine if someone was to do that with an actual Hot Toys figure, it would be even more incredible. I know that some people already do that with molds, but I don't think I've ever seen someone crazy enough to repaint an actual Hot Toys face... There must be people who've done it for sure.
I've looked and no Batman symbol other than that same body / fabric

Sorry man I wanted to quote the user that posted pictures, I messed up :lol I saw your point and I agree with you.

LOL no worries man, I was a little confused. But yeah, I get what you're saying. I think what we were trying to say is that despite some of the crap Hasbro puts out, they usually do well with headsculpts -- they just do an awful job with paint apps -- as evidenced by some of the talented customizers out there. And I agree with you on re-painting a HT headsculpt. Unless I have money for multiples of the same figure, I am definitely not touching it with paint lol

Yeah that's what I thought, no Bat-symbol, but oh well.. it doesn't really matter : p I'm still unsure whether I'm keeping this one or not, it doesn't flow with the rest of my Mezco collection. Only reason I've kept it so far is because it has the Kryptonite Spear.

LOL no worries man, I was a little confused. But yeah, I get what you're saying. I think what we were trying to say is that despite some of the crap Hasbro puts out, they usually do well with headsculpts -- they just do an awful job with paint apps -- as evidenced by some of the talented customizers out there. And I agree with you on re-painting a HT headsculpt. Unless I have money for multiples of the same figure, I am definitely not touching it with paint lol

Me neither haha, no way : )) And I really can't complain about any Hot Toys figure I own, I wouldn't change a thing (face-wise anyway).
I don't know about the headsculpts, I get that the paint apps are terrible on these cheap figures, but is it really the only thing? I remember having a very very talented friend of mine repaint some Play Arts Kai a couple of years ago... I swear the sculpts were terrible, it was awful really. But somehow he managed to make those figures look ace with his paint app. It's not Hot Toys standard of course, and they really don't look 100% like the characters, but it was a huge improvement.
I've always wondered if the sculpt was okay to begin with or if his paint skills made up for it. I think it's all in the paint, even with a poor headsculpt. I mean unless the sculpt was that of a monkey, I don't think there would be much to improve heh. But once you've got the face approximately okay, you can completely change the look with the right paint app. And if the sculpt is dead on, then you could maybe almost rival a Hot Toys release, but I've never witnessed it yet.

Basically I think we're giving too much credits to Hasbro and not enough credits to the people who can kill it paint-wise. But I understand that I'm asking too much for $20 figures : p

Anyway no worries man, sorry for the confusion : p

And on topic, I..uh... was weak... I bought Shadowland Daredevil for a crazy price. I just had to have it. Ever since I got the regular Mezco's Batfleck... Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in... :rotfl

Went through the thread and read mentions of Batman 89 figures for this line...great news. Interested in seeing Nicholson Joker in that scale. Any skuttlebut regarding TDK movie versions?

Went through the thread and read mentions of Batman 89 figures for this line...great news. Interested in seeing Nicholson Joker in that scale. Any skuttlebut regarding TDK movie versions?
Would love an 1/12 Ledger Joker for sure!

dat HT **** good.

To each their own, just a new guy.

My point was that sure, if someone is talented, you can always do some incredible repaint on a garbage figure.
You can't if the sculpt isn't there.

If you look at HT's Bucky and compare it to the pic I posted, that Hasbro head actually looks like Sebastian Stan while the HT looks nothing like him.

But imagine if someone was to do that with an actual Hot Toys figure, it would be even more incredible..
Nah, it wouldn't change a thing.

but what am I saying? I'll never beat a shill...

I wouldn't be surprised, but I have yet to see one repainted.

Edit: yup, thanks Captain, DiFabio's right, even without the repaint it's obvious.

But, it costs like 2 bucks so it can't be! Hat dolls da bezt!

Back