Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was so overwhelmed by the BvS line and the Marvel stuff I completely forgot about Harley. Looks incredible.

This might be a bit off topic, but I recently bought NECA's Chell from Portal 2, the one with the light-up portal gun, this thing came out like what? 4 years ago? And this thing still lights-up just fine.

Which got me thinking, why do light-up eyes drive the price up so much nowadays? A ****ing $20 figure has a light up feature and it's really bright.

These aren't mine, but you can see, lights out or on, it's bright as ****, and then I thought some more, virtually anybody can do a light up feature, so.... Why the price ramp when leds are introduced? :lol

In this first one it's even too bright, in person you can see the details inside the barrel.
chell-fires-gun.png

HnRQT30.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

This might be a bit off topic, but I recently bought NECA's Chell from Portal 2, the one with the light-up portal gun, this thing came out like what? 4 years ago? And this thing still lights-up just fine.

Which got me thinking, why do light-up eyes drive the price up so much nowadays? A ****ing $20 figure has a light up feature and it's really bright.

These aren't mine, but you can see, lights out or on, it's bright as ****, and then I thought some more, virtually anybody can do a light up feature, so.... Why the price ramp when leds are introduced? :lol

In this first one it's even too bright, in person you can see the details inside the barrel.
chell-fires-gun.png

HnRQT30.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Thats all molded plastic so it don't cost as much as an cloth suit over an articulated body, plus all those separate armor pieces, plus working gernade laucher. and a couple of parts were metal. It adds up I'm guessing.

No no, of course the clothing and the armor is gonna be more expensive, I'm not talking about the figure itself, there's tailoring and sculpting there, but anybody can stick a led to a wrist watch battery, if a $20 figure can do it, on a $20-figure development budget aimed at a $20-figure market, why do we often hear figure makers, including Mezco, say that it would make the figure more expensive?

Do you think Armored Batman would still be $110 if it didn't have light-up eyes?

If that's the case then I don't have a point I guess :lol

Not trying to start a heated debate or even a criticism of the industry, it was just a thought.

I guess my point is, Darkseid sure as hell doesn't look like a $100 figure :lol and I don't want to hear the light up eyes as the excuse :lol

No no, of course the clothing and the armor is gonna be more expensive, I'm not talking about the figure itself, there's tailoring and sculpting there, but anybody can stick a led to a wrist watch battery, if a $20 figure can do it, on a $20-figure development budget aimed at a $20-figure market, why do we often hear figure makers, including Mezco, say that it would make the figure more expensive?

Do you think Armored Batman would still be $110 if it didn't have light-up eyes?

If that's the case then I don't have a point I guess :lol

Not trying to start a heated debate or even a criticism of the industry, it was just a thought.

I guess my point is, Darkseid sure as hell doesn't look like a $100 figure :lol and I don't want to hear the light up eyes as the excuse :lol

Oh yeah I get you... Yeah makes no sense why they chose to include the metal to jack the price up I would been fine with plastic spear and chest armor. that would of made it around $80 or so... I think the metal parts are more expensive than the led function. They said it was real metal and not diecast so I guess that might cost a bit.

Yeah you have a point there, diecast figures are already expensive, so pure metal must be even more.

I just hope they use of Polystone doesn't make Darkseid too expensive, but I guess it's gonna be around the same price as Batman.

Good use of the Wheatley keychain from ThinkGeek, GasparZizou, I use the same in my display! I agree with you. Apparently the new Gypsy Danger from NECA has a beast of an LED chest as well. Likewise, the Dead Space Isaac Clarke comes to mind with the entire light up spine and head.

If the standard DC guys are $75 then I fully expect Darkseid to be all of $100. $110 is certainly possible. I will pay that for this figure. Not that I love spending the $ but it's a fully brand new sculpt, over sized (yet still gloriously in scale), with light up eyes. Over $110 will definitely cause me pain.

BvS figures look definitely cool.. If they make Wonder Woman too I'll probably consider to buy these one instead of the Hot Toys, also because I'd like to display them with the batmobile... I'd like to know how big it is..
How many sculpt do you think Superman will have? I've seen early promo pics with the closed mouth, but then it looks like it will have just an open mouth and an angry face..

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

BvS figures look definitely cool.. If they make Wonder Woman too I'll probably consider to buy these one instead of the Hot Toys, also because I'd like to display them with the batmobile... I'd like to know how big it is..
How many sculpt do you think Superman will have? I've seen early promo pics with the closed mouth, but then it looks like it will have just an open mouth and an angry face..

Supermasn will have an normal face and the heat vision head. sadly it doesn't light up.

Any word on when the BvS is gonna ship? The place I pre-ordered from said late July and still nothing.

Supermasn will have an normal face and the heat vision head. sadly it doesn't light up.

Superman actually has 3 head sculpts.

Per the Mezco description:

WHAT'S IN THE BOX:

Standard portrait
2 alternate angry portraits
Fists (L & R)
Flying hands (L & R)
Grabbing hands (L & R)
Holding hands (L & R)
Metal break away Gotham City manhole cover
Display base with posing post

Superman 007.Jpg
Superman 006.Jpg

Superman actually has 3 head sculpts.

Per the Mezco description:

WHAT'S IN THE BOX:

Standard portrait
2 alternate angry portraits
Fists (L & R)
Flying hands (L & R)
Grabbing hands (L & R)
Holding hands (L & R)
Metal break away Gotham City manhole cover
Display base with posing post

View attachment 284170
View attachment 284171

...that first headsculpt doesn't look like Henry Cavill at all :\

That's what it looked like at SDCC, that doesn't look like a prototype anymore.

Edit: Oh the first one, yeah I don't think they changed that one either.

Back