* metallica, slayer, megadeth and anthrax to perform together for the first time*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome show, but yeah... Metallica sucks these days. Wish it were here, I would go for sure.

Slayer is the number #1 metal band of all time in my eyes. The new album is great! (world painted blood)

We were supposed to go to Slayer and Mastodon a few weeks ago here in L.A., but Tom Araya hurt his back and had to cancel :(

Awesome show, but yeah... Metallica sucks these days. Wish it were here, I would go for sure.

Slayer is the number #1 metal band of all time in my eyes. The new album is great! (world painted blood)

We were supposed to go to Slayer and Mastodon a few weeks ago here in L.A., but Tom Araya hurt his back and had to cancel :(

at this moment in time ... Mastodon trumps all of them by a mile ... :rock

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/PU55CKDkttM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/PU55CKDkttM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

at this moment in time ... Mastodon trumps all of them by a mile ... :rock

Mastodon is just pure awesome. I've been into them for some years now, and have really enjoyed watching them develop. Crack the Skye is just such an incredible album, I can't get enough of it.

Seen all of them several times in my youth..

Wouldnt really be interested to see them all as old men.. plus Im old now too.

I saw Danzig preform somewhat recently and was shocked by his appearance and condition.

OMG!!!! So it IS true!!! Thank the gods!!!!

To bad its not gonna be in America :(

Last edited:
I saw Slayer and Megadeth in October. I'm more of a fan of Slayer but I love Megadeth So Far So Good Far So What album and reminds me of my youth. Anyway Slayer just sounded rubbish and acted like arrogant tools where Megadeth just kept on playing the encore's and were having a great time and appreciated the audience. Slayer canceled there concert the next day due to Tom's throat problems.
Anthrax and Metallica I haven't seen live but I'll live without.

I saw Mastodon in 2007 with Slayer and they were bloody excellent. There back in Sydney in January so off to see them again.

Amon Amarth are truly awesome live which I had the pleasure to see them for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago.If you ever get a chance to see them, GO!

Seen all of them several times in my youth..

Wouldnt really be interested to see them all as old men.. plus Im old now too.

I saw Danzig preform somewhat recently and was shocked by his appearance and condition.

Is he still 5 foot tall and 5 foot wide :lol

I remembering seeing them with metallica and suicidal tendencies probably 15 yrs ago and the guy was friggin ripped!!

Of all the bands mentioned I've either seen them or have no interest in seeing them aside from Iron Maiden. Why I have never seen them is beyond me, but I will be seeing them for their next tour even if they are old. Bruce's voice is still spot and and Nicko and the gang still rock like their in their 20's.

bah... only if they played the old stuff!

Megadeth does a great job of mixing their classics with their new songs.

Check out the setlist from the show I went to just nights ago.:D

Megadeth Dec 7th 2009 Davenport IA RiverCenter setlist:

Dialectic Chaos
This Day We Fight!
Wake Up Dead
Skin O' My Teeth
Head Crusher
A Tout Le Monde
She-Wolf
Tornado Of Souls
1,320'
In My Darkest Hour
Sweating Bullets
Hangar 18
44 Minutes
Trust
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells

Holy Wars

:rock

Last edited:
Is he still 5 foot tall and 5 foot wide :lol

I remembering seeing them with metallica and suicidal tendencies probably 15 yrs ago and the guy was friggin ripped!!

Of all the bands mentioned I've either seen them or have no interest in seeing them aside from Iron Maiden. Why I have never seen them is beyond me, but I will be seeing them for their next tour even if they are old. Bruce's voice is still spot and and Nicko and the gang still rock like their in their 20's.

Funny it took me 20+ years to see Maiden and they were excellent during there Somewhere Back In Time tour in 2008.They are my all time favourite and hopefully with the new album coming out soon and ED Force One ready for take off I should be seeing them very soon. Fingers Crossed.

maiden are awesome but they never tour in my area. i got their Somewhere Back in Time DVD though. it is awesome. they toured with a custom jet (piloted by Bruce) so they could go to all the countries they could never get to before. that band has definately aged well. they sound better than ever IMO.

Saw all of them as a teen,and yes, they were consider the big 4 in the 80's in metal mags.slayer had the best shows though.

Back