Metallica.... new album.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost interest pretty much after the black album. I have liked a couple new songs here and there (I love "Until It Sleeps") but not enough to buy any of the new albums. They are done.

what's worse is that when metallica plays their old ^^^^ live now, they make it sound like alternative crap. can they even play heavy anymore? or fast?:dunno

plus im sick of hetfield chasing all his lyrics with a "YEAAAH, YEAAAH". WTF?? listen to the lyrical onslaught on ...and justice for all, and then listen to anything from the last 15 years.

what's worse is that when metallica plays their old ^^^^ live now, they make it sound like alternative crap. can they even play heavy anymore? or fast?:dunno

plus im sick of hetfield chasing all his lyrics with a "YEAAAH, YEAAAH". WTF?? listen to the lyrical onslaught on ...and justice for all, and then listen to anything from the last 15 years.

Agreed...............YEAAAH YEAAH!!

340x.jpg

"Wah! Wah! Wah! Metallica sucks! Wah!"

:lol

Here's the cover to their new album.

turd%20magnetic.jpg

I grew up on Metallica, knew every note and my band learned to play by their songs. I like everything till the black album. It was their first record where I skipped songs. Load and Reloaded was even worse. I like maybe 4 songs from them both. St Anger is a piece of ^^^^. I can understand them evolving, but they went from inovators to imitators.

I won't even both with the new album. Lars is an a^^hole and can kiss off.

I lost interest in them a long time ago as well. I do like alot of their old stuff thou.

yeah but they could still have evolved and keep their trash/speed roots...Even today,Their is lot of great metal bands that are still very loud and heavy...In flames for example keep re-inventing themselves but never left their melodic death genre.And what about Slayer....No wonder their fans are some of the most loyal metal fans ever, Slayer never sold out and their music is even 100X more aggressive today than in the 80's.

I'm not even a big metal fan anymore, but I do know that Metallica aint a heavy Metal band anymore.

Maybe that was just Metallica's thrash/heavy metal run back in the 80s. Maybe it was something they were only able to do once and won't be able to replicate it again. It sucks for those fans that liked that style that Metallica had. I can definately see what Metallica has been lacking in the last few albums, they are not as strong as the earlier ones (stating the obvious). But I still think this album might be more creative than the past three albums. It won't be what the majority of fans want though, they will have to settle for what it is and realize the old Metallica they grew up with and loved is dead.

That aside, the single isn't very good. But Cyanide is awesome!!!

I hope the new album doesn't suck. I'd like them to be relevant again, but after the past few albums it's hard to get excited for these guys anymore. Hopefully, maybe, we'll see...

Heard the new song on the radio the other day (and it's on right now), not what I had hoped for; a return to their sincere aggressive hardcore thrash roots. It reminds me of And Justice for All, very instrumental and not aggressive enough.
But I like it, so far it's better then St. Anger and most other modern rock bands.
I'll be buying the album.

.. just listen to the latest Testament album for your metal fix .... :monkey1

In my opinion until METALLICA pulls their heads out of their asses and gives the fans what we have wanted for too many years now... An album that actually sounds like METALLICA!!!! Something like "Master of PUPPETS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the new songs I've heard but at the same time would love if they returned to their roots, but sadly I don't think we'll ever see that!

the last metallica cd i got was the "black" album after that i've lost all interest in this band.........sellouts!! or is it just old age? nah, look at maiden, older than metallica and still making good music, so yes....sellouts..oh and ulrich's an ass!

Agree with you 110%
I remember buying the black album on tape, last metallica album
I eva bought, went all soft and S@#T.
Sold out BIG TIME!!

Back