Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally completed peacewalker big boss 100%, i was going to put him in his skull bdu but decided the olive drab was his key look in game. Heres some shots.

f5d59a25c95448f7fc56caaab45e4ff9.jpg

77062f24ef1bf6564172bac60b3b2ffb.jpg

fdff162ace3ad1e4ecc3a2e64efaa76c.jpg

49cf843ad34d7930104b09598ba2b7fe.jpg

7c5bbc19e2653ba21032faf8bbde8fa4.jpg

3af85217ec7b1f9f287611bc367a2afa.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Looks great Jason. Nice to see one of the PW BB's with accurate facial hair and hair.

General question, were the Metal Boss Camouflage BDU accurate to any of the games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean the actual pattern of the extra suit it came with? No. But the standard OD suit and all equipment is pretty close, but it doesn't have the MSF labels.

Basically the BDU Metal Boss is pretty damn close to Peace Walker Snake minus a few discrepancies. Logos being one, the extra belt and a more chiseled face.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Removed the lower pockets on the shirt too. The skull camo was in peacewalker, it was also featured on some promo items like the sony earbud walkman that ryan had i believe. He was also missing a belt and had extra bags and the leg knife and suspenders were not needed. I also painted the bandana black. The shoulder knife isnt accurate either its supposed to be a stun knife. I was thinking of asking raveneye to design me one and print it.

Thanks tony for the kind words.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys, would really appreciate if somebody could provide a bit of advice on a head Pete is painting for me.
It's going on the Medicom old snake, do you think it needs to be glossy or ok as is?
Don't want to get it back and have it look out of place.

Many thanks in advance.

This is my version of boss from MGV minus the shrapnel in his dome. Just wanted to get a different take in my style.

Done a bit of work on mine, still not finished waiting on materials to create the harness and some olive green dye for the gun belt. Also got the radio and CQC knife/ sheath coming too.

Gotta say too there's some ace customs on the go on here!
07c1c2b7a1b2b5a02f7c38aa9605c9a7.jpg

I ordered my Tiger Stripe camo for Venom Snake, and got a Barney Ross trigger finger hand to give him a more accurate hand, better than the Hot Toys Snake hand at least. Im probably going to try and make a sneaking suit using the old Snake doll from the 90s, might need a bit of heavy work

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Anyone know where I can get one of the wet suit undershirts from? Can't seem to find any on eBay

They pop up every now and again on eBay parted out. Best bet is to keep checking ebay

Cheers. I've decided to go for the pop toys wetsuit for the time being to replace the thin turtleneck undershirt I'm currently using. I'll just have to keep An eye out!

Back