Metal Gear Solid 4 Game Thread - Spoilers Inside

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finish the game today.... WOW masterpiece!
I cant believe how this franchise just got better and better.... MGS3 was so awesome and then MGS4 just topped it. I was very happy to see Big Boss and Snake together at the end and seeing Big Boss saluting at the grave of The Boss again sent chills... This game rocks so hard!

Im going to go back to playing "The Twin Snakes" which I manage to pick up recently, then replaying MGS4...

Finish the game today.... WOW masterpiece!
I cant believe how this franchise just got better and better.... MGS3 was so awesome and then MGS4 just topped it. I was very happy to see Big Boss and Snake together at the end and seeing Big Boss saluting at the grave of The Boss again sent chills... This game rocks so hard!

Im going to go back to playing "The Twin Snakes" which I manage to pick up recently, then replaying MGS4...

Save yourself the pain just play the original, skip Twin Snakes!

Save yourself the pain just play the original, skip Twin Snakes!

I already played the orginal on PS1. TWIN snakes kick ass. In MGS4 when you do that flashback dream sequence of Shadow Moses, it really showed me how outdated the game engine and gameplay was. Twin Snakes is a very nice remake of the original that at least resemble the gamplay of the later installments... Im enjoying it alot...

I already played the orginal on PS1. TWIN snakes kick ass. In MGS4 when you do that flashback dream sequence of Shadow Moses, it really showed me how outdated the game engine and gameplay was. Twin Snakes is a very nice remake of the original that at least resemble the gamplay of the later installments... Im enjoying it alot...

Oh man you might be one of the 5 people on earth, it totally butchered the classic game. The voice acting was all redone, voices were changed, accents (god knows why were taken out), the original PSX classic terms of graphics and gameplay might seem a little outdated when compared to MGS game. But it has this feeling with it, everything looks great, dark, high style to it... the twin snakes just takes everything trying to make it better and makes it worse. Not to mention the gamecube controller sucks with it. I was highly disappointed with it.

Oh man you might be one of the 5 people on earth, it totally butchered the classic game. The voice acting was all redone, voices were changed, accents (god knows why were taken out), the original PSX classic terms of graphics and gameplay might seem a little outdated when compared to MGS game. But it has this feeling with it, everything looks great, dark, high style to it... the twin snakes just takes everything trying to make it better and makes it worse. Not to mention the gamecube controller sucks with it. I was highly disappointed with it.

I just think you are so used to your playstation that you are not able to enjoy anything else. :dunno May I ask how old you are?

I just think you are so used to your playstation that you are not able to enjoy anything else. :dunno May I ask how old you are?

LOL, how would I not be used to three generations of MGS on the SONY controller? I am a few days away from being 23.:chew

I was a big SNES fan, one of my favorite systems ever, the gamecube is also a great system, but MGS did not jive well with it, not control wise and Silicon Knights really butchered the game. I was so excited to play it but when I got it after playing maybe a half hour I was so pissed I stopped, I couldn't take it. i tried going back to force myself through it, it's like watching a bad remake of your favorite film.

wrong numbnuts... Twin Snakes is a remake that improved on Metal Gear. the Gamecube controller works just fine with it and actually is better in some aspects. Kojima himself still approves of it.

LOL, how would I not be used to three generations of MGS on the SONY controller?

Did you have access to any of the other systems? I mean did you have a nintendo? Or atari? What about a Sega Master System? Or even a Turbo Graphix 16? I am just wondering where your experience comes from.

wrong numbnuts... Twin Snakes is a remake that improved on Metal Gear. the Gamecube controller works just fine with it and actually is better in some aspects. Kojima himself still approves of it.

Nope numb nuts it ruins a classic. The gamecube controller hinders gameplay.

Why don't they just remake Star wars while there at it too...because you know the ability to hang from ledges and better graphics always equals an improvement right?

Umm, BadMoon not sure about your question about other access to systems. But whatever systems I buy I never sell I had and still have the following:

Atari, Game Gear, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy SP Advanced, Nintendo DS, Playstation, PS2, PS3, PC and Mac.

Nope numb nuts it ruins a classic. The gamecube controller hinders gameplay.
Why don't they just remake Star wars while there at it too...because you know the ability to hang from ledges and better graphics always equals an improvement right?.
not according to any reviews on the game. what does star wars have to do with this?? we're talking about metal gear. i know you're a little slow, but stick to the topic. read any reviews on the Twin Snakes as they all say the same thing: improved visuals, gameplay, better AI, sound, and the cut scenes are completely redone.

not according to any reviews on the game. what does star wars have to do with this?? we're talking about metal gear. i know you're a little slow, but stick to the topic. read any reviews on the Twin Snakes as they all say the same thing: improved visuals, gameplay, better AI, sound, and the cut scenes are completely redone.

Ok you might be a little slow here so I'll talk slowerrrrr. MGS is to video games as Star Wars is to film.

Just because everything is "bigger and better" in your opinion does not make it a better game overall. It is lacking that something that made the original so special, it's a hollow shell of the original PSX MGS, it deserves to burn in hell.

I agree with jedistarkiller, forget Twin Snakes and just play the original. The voice work, with the exception of Snake, sucks.

And have you seen the cutscenes? I know Snake is an uber-elite soldier and all that, but Twin Snakes makes him appear super-human with some of the stuff he does, which is totally different from the original.

And some of the updated mechanics, like the first-person firing view, makes the game too easy.

I applaud Silicon Knights for trying, and in worse hands it could have been disastrous. As it is now, it's decent, but a pale shadow of it's predecessor.

I'd buy it if I could find it cheaper in stores though. The cheapest I've seen it at Gamestop was $30 USED. Couldn't find it at any other brick & mortar shop.

Ok you might be a little slow here so I'll talk slowerrrrr. MGS is to video games as Star Wars is to film.

Just because everything is "bigger and better" in your opinion does not make it a better game overall. It is lacking that something that made the original so special, it's a hollow shell of the original PSX MGS, it deserves to burn in hell.

so by your logic the Resident Evil remake sucks??? wow i have seen everything. Sony has you brainwashed for sure. you're too much of a moron to appreciate anything that isn't made by Sony.
~~touche!! you have won. i'm done arguing with you as i'm afraid i'm growing dumber after reading your posts.

Last edited:
People ask for a remake of Metal gear Solid all the time using the new MGS4 engine. Well to me The Twin Snakes is closest to this, and until I played that little bit in MGS4 Flashback, didnt realize how much of an improvement it is.

Reguardless, I played the original and loved it... Im playing this remake and loving it too... In the end its just more Metal Gear Goodness...

yea i am actually considering buying a ps1 so i can play mgs1 again, (it doesnt work on my ps2, i get to the darpa chief and then it loads the cut scene only to not work after that point) and if that doesn't play my mgs1 im buying a new copy.

so by your logic the Resident Evil remake sucks??? wow i have seen everything. Sony has you brainwashed for sure. you're too much of a moron to appreciate anything that isn't made by Sony.
~~touche!! you have won. i'm done arguing with you as i'm afraid i'm growing dumber after reading your posts.

Ummmm...wow, it's like having to explain myself to a 2nd grader.

Ugh. A remake can be good, the RE remake for gamecube was in fact better than the first, it brought a lot more to game that the first could never offer. It made it more serious in tone and not a cheesy B movie, the lighting and different effects made it a much more haunting experience and so on. But the remake of MGS took everything that made the first one so successful and flushed it down the toilet.

I even prefer the models of MGS to the ones of MGS:TT, they look so lame in the new remake and I don't know why everything in the game looks lighter and less detailed. All of the characters look lame, at least in MGS I could imagine what the characters might look like through the polygons. E.I.: RE remake took everything that made the original good and made it better. MGS remake lost something in the transfer focused too much on shiny graphics and new game play elements, instead of the acting, old game play elements, and other factors which made the first one so successful.

Please try not to "assume anything by my logic" it makes you look even more retarded. I can appreciate things not made by Sony, actually if you thought for a moment, MGS isn't even made by Sony.

I agree with jedistarkiller, forget Twin Snakes and just play the original. The voice work, with the exception of Snake, sucks.

And have you seen the cutscenes? I know Snake is an uber-elite soldier and all that, but Twin Snakes makes him appear super-human with some of the stuff he does, which is totally different from the original.

And some of the updated mechanics, like the first-person firing view, makes the game too easy.

I applaud Silicon Knights for trying, and in worse hands it could have been disastrous. As it is now, it's decent, but a pale shadow of it's predecessor.

I'd buy it if I could find it cheaper in stores though. The cheapest I've seen it at Gamestop was $30 USED. Couldn't find it at any other brick & mortar shop.

This guy has some sense...and I applaud him.

Back