Metal Gear Remake!!??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
With all the buzz with the Metal Gear Revengeance I thought I would post something I saw in another forums. Is this is a possible remake of the original Metal Gear??? I should hope so.

https://twitter.com/#!/Kojima_Hideo/status/147594757726683136/photo/1/large

xlarge_d8fffeb5359d2cd33abaff8d9e4bdd7f.jpg

The character's outfit looks fairly reminiscent of Solid Snake in MG1, and it looks like he's wearing Peacewalker-type armor on his arms + the setting seems in line with MG. Either way, it's at least a new Peacewalker, for consoles.

Kojima has said his next project is a new I.P.
I highly doubt this is a new Metal Gear game, its most likely a new game or just a tech demo of the Fox Engine.

also if you look that guy has a pony-tail so it ain't Snake

Kojima has said his next project is a new I.P.
I highly doubt this is a new Metal Gear game, its most likely a new game or just a tech demo of the Fox Engine.

also if you look that guy has a pony-tail so it ain't Snake

Yup. Kojima hasn't even begun to work on the next MGS game. But, regardless of what he's doing, it's sure to be cool.

That's Project Ogre.

Tangentially, if that's supposed to be a showcase for the new Fox Engine, it's not a very good one. The wheels on the tank and the ground textures are really rough.

I'd love a MGS1 remake on the MGS4 engine with all the same voice acting recoridings from the original, would be Epic AND would be the first REAL HD remake :lecture.

P.s great Sig Plasmid :hi5:

With all the buzz with the Metal Gear Revengeance I thought I would post something I saw in another forums. Is this is a possible remake of the original Metal Gear??? I should hope so.

The character's outfit looks fairly reminiscent of Solid Snake in MG1, and it looks like he's wearing Peacewalker-type armor on his arms + the setting seems in line with MG. Either way, it's at least a new Peacewalker, for consoles.

That picture belongs to a technical demo showing the New FOX ENGINE (developed by Kojima productions)

Actually, It does'nt mean anything about a possible MG remake, it's just a technical demo, keep that in mind :lecture

I would love a remake of the original two! Snake fighting Grey Fox hand to hand on a mine field and a boss battle with Big Boss are things that cant just be talked about in the series they need to be played.

Just because we see a ponytail doesn't mean it isn't a new young Snake look.
Me personally would love a NES remake.

Just because we see a ponytail doesn't mean it isn't a new young Snake look.
Me personally would love a NES remake.

Snake never had a ponytail :lol. A mullet is as far as he went, and it's his trademark look, by the way.

If Kojima does decide to remake the original NES games, he absolutely must include this track as the main theme:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yonu1WlimUM[/ame]

I don't think remakes of the originals are unlikley. i haven't played them all the way through but from what i understand they're very similar to MGS1.

On that note Kojima said that an MGS1 remake will be coming, with the same story but with updated graphics and gameplay. Even though many shrug at the idea im up for it

Kojima said that one of the ideas of mgs5 was big boss and her troops. Dont know how that would play out with that modern day tank in the picture but just an idea......maybe???

Metal Gear 2s music is soo badass. Cant wait for this friggin HD collection so i can finally play it all the way through

I don't think remakes of the originals are unlikley. i haven't played them all the way through but from what i understand they're very similar to MGS1.

On that note Kojima said that an MGS1 remake will be coming, with the same story but with updated graphics and gameplay. Even though many shrug at the idea im up for it

A remake for MGS1 is a very touchy subject. It stands that if MGS 1 gets remade, there's always the possibility that the other games may be remade as well within a few generations, as their graphics and storylines become dated. It'll be like opening a can of worms.

I do not want a(nother) remake of MGS1. Just leave it alone.

Technically, the concept of MGS1 has been done thrice over. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake was basically the framework for what MGS was, with the exception of a few key differences. Then, you have Twin Snakes, the less said of, the better.

I'd totally be open to an MG1 remake, but I'm afraid they'd mess it up somehow.

I don't count Twin Snakes as one. The next will be a Kojima Productions one. keeping the same story it can't be bad.
Also i'd love to see all of Shadow Moses in HD.

We always have the original too so ____ it, they could always use it as a reboot point too.

Back