Melb/Aussie members

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't realise there are so many melbournians on the board! I'm in Melbourne too! City area. Hoping to move sometime in June/July so that I can properly display all my collectibles.

anybody know a good place to stay near the Palace Theater?

I always stay at punt hill apartments on Flinders Lane. Its right on Degraves Lane, 300 metres from Flinders station, quick walk through a mall to Burke Street, jump on a tram, 2 minute trip to the theatre

Right in the heart of town, and a really nice hotel.

1 minute walk to Starbucks is also very attractive to me.

Last edited:
I think you might be thinking of Mali Furyan? :lol

As for the best place in Oz to visit for a vacation... I don't think you can come to this part of the world and not visit Sydney. And I'd check out the Reef as well.

You can't avoid the wildlife entirely - but you don't need to really. Unless you blunder into places you don't belong, the wildlife will leave you alone.

Ok cool. Been watching to many of those "Deadliest creatures" shows which showcase mostly animals in Australia. They make it sound like they are everywhere lol. So Sydney is where its at huh? What are the best times of year for weather down there? I can deal with cold but not extreme heat. Also Im big into trying different cultures foods. What are some things you guys cook down under? Things like chicken or beef or fish dishes and what type of seasonings do you use?

Sorry of the thread derail,Ive really wanted to visit Australia for a long time! Its nice to converse with peoples living there.

Ok cool. Been watching to many of those "Deadliest creatures" shows which showcase mostly animals in Australia. They make it sound like they are everywhere lol. So Sydney is where its at huh? What are the best times of year for weather down there? I can deal with cold but not extreme heat. Also Im big into trying different cultures foods. What are some things you guys cook down under? Things like chicken or beef or fish dishes and what type of seasonings do you use?

Sorry of the thread derail,Ive really wanted to visit Australia for a long time! Its nice to converse with peoples living there.

Sydney is an arrival/departure hub, so it's a convenient place to start or end a visit. It's a cosmopolitan city of around 5 million people, so it has a population that can sustain a diversity of restaurants, entertainment etc. The weather is great most of the year round, but is hottest around January. I'd go during the beach season, say October-March, Sydney has some great beaches.

The food is great. There isn't much by way of cuisine that can't be found in Sydney. It's a migrant city, so pasta, noodles, kebabs, steaks, curries, you name it it's there. Australian cuisine is often called 'Australian fusion', 'cause a lot of it is inspired by the ingredients and techniques of other cultures.

The critters and creatures though are sort of everywhere. In or around my suburban house there are at least two varieties of spider whose bite will instantly hospitalise you, and in the surrounding bushland there's at least one variety of venomous snake whose bite can be fatal - but like I said, don't go looking for them and you'd hardly know they were there :)

Plato's is closing - going online only by the look of it.
I've picked up a few figures from the markets, Dandenong and Caribbean at reasonable prices.

shopforme *can* have some good deals too

Sydney is an arrival/departure hub, so it's a convenient place to start or end a visit. It's a cosmopolitan city of around 5 million people, so it has a population that can sustain a diversity of restaurants, entertainment etc. The weather is great most of the year round, but is hottest around January. I'd go during the beach season, say October-March, Sydney has some great beaches.

The food is great. There isn't much by way of cuisine that can't be found in Sydney. It's a migrant city, so pasta, noodles, kebabs, steaks, curries, you name it it's there. Australian cuisine is often called 'Australian fusion', 'cause a lot of it is inspired by the ingredients and techniques of other cultures.

The critters and creatures though are sort of everywhere. In or around my suburban house there are at least two varieties of spider whose bite will instantly hospitalise you, and in the surrounding bushland there's at least one variety of venomous snake whose bite can be fatal - but like I said, don't go looking for them and you'd hardly know they were there :)

Right on. Sounds like Sydney should be the city I should focus on. Crazy that January is your hottest month,its one of our coldest here.

Plato's Pop Culture, look em up on Facebook tell them Chris sent you

I've picked up a few figures from the markets, Dandenong and Caribbean at reasonable prices.

thank's guys for the info,. i'll tell my brother then,.

and for markets dandeong and caribbean are in melbourne?

Is there always someone there selling figures and statues there?

Back