MELANARUS' Custom Lord of the Rings ARAGORN with new head sculpt and Truetype

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melanarus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here is a custom rebuilt Sideshow LOTR Aragorn figure shown here below in comparison with the original figure out of the box. My Aragorn has the Zkulptor sculpt that I painted and also resculpted the chin a little to lessen the cleft chin look. Many hours were spent weathering the coat and undercoat using photo reference from the movies, every piece has been referenced from the movie and reworked. The coat I have weathered and muddied up but have not repainted it, compare it to the cheap vinyl look the factory version comes with!

My Aragorn is also on a Hot Toys 2011 Truetype standard. Aragorn is for sale in my for sale section thread and open to offers for them, I need the cash to invest in future custom figures. I really love this version of the figure a lot, I doubt you will be seeing Hot Toys doing one like this especially since it is confirmed he doesn't appear in either Hobbit movie. (I'll be doing an Aragorn for myself with the other Factory Aragorn in the photos!)

I am a painter and here is a large oil painting on canvas of the Lord of the Rings "Fellowship" painting I did with my painting partner Jack Hai about three years ago:
3621188159_053329921b_o.jpg

6386888287_2b44a3e014_o.jpg

6386889113_3e367f3c59_o.jpg

6386890023_9838d2716b_o.jpg

Wow! And until I saw yours, I used to like my Aragorn...:slap:thud:

To say "Well done" is a massive understatement. Massive.

Love it.

Great work! Awesome weathering. I have the figure and also the RPT head (which is at the painters) so it's great to see how it looks together!!

Back