1/6 Mego 1977 & 1978 12" Spider-man Retro Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool review buddy. Coming soon the 8'' version review to make it a complete set :lol I really love these old figures man. Huge part of my childhood was playing with Mego figures. Star Trek and the bridge was my favorite though. So freaking awesome! :yess:

Nah I'm good, 8" hold little interest for me, just nice to have these ones I got.

Mego Batman and Spidey were my first action figures; I was really, really young -- barely knew who they were thanks to television, I think. Spidey had a vehicle with a net/web thing going on. To my tiny self they looked to be 1/6 but I'm guessing they were the 8" versions...

As big as these were back in the day, its a wonder why no remakes in 12 inch, seems like a good venture, but I could be wrong...

Here's some comparison photos with hot toys and marvel legends Spider-Man figures

33211166172_85ce3deb0f_b.jpg

32964435730_88c7b93f7f_b.jpg

32523601584_4fcef0c53b_b.jpg

The wear and thinning of the costume around the neck on the figure on the right is pretty common, I wonder if this is because it is essentially the same costume used for the smaller body stretched onto a bigger one?

No, it's not the same one. The printing is the same but the cut is larger. Still, it's a very common issue on the Spidey suit, both 12" and 8". It's weird because the other figs don't, or rarely suffer from that problem.

Back