Medicom's 1/6 ROTS Vader!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the Medicom versions aren't my cup of tea, at least they realize the characteristics of the various Vaders. They did a good job with the chest box and belt boxes on both figures.

Last edited:
Thanks, BDboystoys. I think I will wait for Sideshow as you suggest. Cheers!

gdb said:
Thanks, BDboystoys. I think I will wait for Sideshow as you suggest. Cheers!

why not just get both??? i have the Luke from medicom and i love it. but i cant wait to get the SS version in the next month or so. just to see who did the better job. ***my only gripe with the SS ersion is the facial expression he has.***

LOL OK! Just to clear it up! atm doesnt Automated Teller Machine! It's not noticable atm because I have no other Star Wars figures with it, so its on its own.:D :wacky Im waiting for the Sideshow figures to go with it and THEN it will look smaller than it should. Either that or Automated Teller Machine.:wacky

No offense to Sideshow, but if they couldn't get a perfect helmet on the PF Vader, there's no way they're going to get anywhere near close to perfect in the 1/6 scale... Prove me wrong, Sideshow.

I still have confidence in Sideshow. After seeing Anakin and Obiwan, I know Andy won't let us down! :D

I have confidence in Sideshow as well. Darth Vader will probably be the most important figure they produce in this line and arguably the most important 1/6th scale figure they ever produce in any line. They know about the criticism aimed at the 1/4th version. I don't think they will let that happen again. I also don't think that Andy will be the scupltor for the Vader fig. I think that his considerable talents will be spent on more organic and less mechanical sculpts.

JustinLuck said:
I still have confidence in Sideshow. After seeing Anakin and Obiwan, I know Andy won't let us down! :D

andy is awesome, but to the best of my knowledge he's just one of many sculptors sideshow has. as good as his sculpts are, he has no control over costume, painting, the mass production, etc.... and can't guarantee the vader will be awesome. if you've seen his willow prototype, you'll see he turned in a beautiful sculpt, but somehow it was ruined in production. :peace

BDboystoys said:
LOL OK! Just to clear it up! atm doesnt Automated Teller Machine! It's not noticable atm because I have no other Star Wars figures with it, so its on its own.:D :wacky Im waiting for the Sideshow figures to go with it and THEN it will look smaller than it should. Either that or Automated Teller Machine.:wacky

so i guess atm is "at the moment"?

Here's a new pic of the ROTS Medicom Vader posted at Rebelscum:

DVIIIs.jpg

jlcmsu said:
I like that a lot. Would get it if it didn't cost over $100

It is expensive, but it is worth it. I have a feeling that Sideshow's won't be much cheaper than $100 due to the complextiy of the costume. Considering, that Sideshow is getting so much attention, you can sometimes find the ROTJ version on ebay for a much discounted price. Sometimes even hovering around the $100 range before shipping.

zeiss said:
It is expensive, but it is worth it. I have a feeling that Sideshow's won't be much cheaper than $100 due to the complextiy of the costume. Considering, that Sideshow is getting so much attention, you can sometimes find the ROTJ version on ebay for a much discounted price. Sometimes even hovering around the $100 range before shipping.

i'll bet sideshow can do a quality vader for $75 or $80, if that much. other than the three piece helmet, the costume really isn't that complicated.......pleather jumpsuit, cape, sleeveless vest, sholderpads. it's not like they haven't done similar figures for much less.

My guess for Sideshow's Vader is $70-$75. Anakin is $55 and he's got a fairly complex outfit as well a highly detailed robotic arm, aside from the helmet, I can't see Vader being too much more compicated.

captain sack said:
i'll bet sideshow can do a quality vader for $75 or $80, if that much. other than the three piece helmet, the costume really isn't that complicated.......pleather jumpsuit, cape, sleeveless vest, sholderpads. it's not like they haven't done similar figures for much less.

I hope your right. At that price the figure would be such a quick sell out. All that matters to me is that they get the helmet right. Even the Medicom figures' helmets aren't perfect. I am really glad that they won't be making the helmet removeable as I think they will now be able to solely concentrate on the sculpt rather than on the mechanics of how to make a helmet removeable.

I would rather them make a perfect Vader and then set the price. I don't want the price to limit the quality.

I might be in the minority. But I really like to change the pose of my figures every so often. That is why I enjoy the 1/6 line. If the 1/4 line was posable, I might be more interested in it. So that is why I don't mind a higher cost if that would mean a better quality product.

Back