Medicom Young Indiana Jones, Toys McCoy Indiana Jones reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No its not mate :) Hasbro makes Toys. They don´t want to be anything else. Kids are supposed to play with them. Rip their Heads off, throw them in the Mud and forget about them 1 month after they got them.

No its not mate :) Hasbro makes Toys. They don´t want to be anything else. Kids are supposed to play with them. Rip their Heads off, throw them in the Mud and forget about them 1 month after they got them.

I will say that Hasbro's Indy is one of the greatest 12" action figures (play-wise) in a LOOOOOOOONG time. My daughter keeps stealing him off the shelf, tossing him around, wrestling with him, stomping on him, dropping him down the stairs, etc. and he's proven to be damn near indestructible... and he's Indy. :lol

I will say that Hasbro's Indy is one of the greatest 12" action figures (play-wise) in a LOOOOOOOONG time. My daughter keeps stealing him off the shelf, tossing him around, wrestling with him, stomping on him, dropping him down the stairs, etc. and he's proven to be damn near indestructible... and he's Indy. :lol

Now comes something a little off topic. I hope the Authority don´t mind too much.

Your post brought back childhood memories. When I was 6 years old I had to go in Hospital to undergo an capital operation. I was so afraid to die and my Mom told me that when I wake up there will be a Big Jim waiting for me. I wanted one for a long time, but my Mom couldn´t afford one after my Dad died. There were other things to take care of.

So there was my Big Jim waiting for me and my Mom even made some custom pyjamas for him. My Mom so to speak was ahead of the time. Figure Master BuDDaHs Mom :)

He was so cool. I had him for several years till one of his arms broke.

Off topic end ! BuDDaH back to normal mode :D

The PAINT on Young Indy is terrible. The sculpt itself is pretty perfect. I can definitely understand wanting the figure to come out of the box with both a great sculpt and great paint, but to utterly dismiss the figure when it has a really outstanding sculpt (much better than just about all the Harrison Ford Indy sculpts if you ask me) really does the figure a disservice.

The PAINT on Young Indy is terrible. The sculpt itself is pretty perfect. I can definitely understand wanting the figure to come out of the box with both a great sculpt and great paint, but to utterly dismiss the figure when it has a really outstanding sculpt (much better than just about all the Harrison Ford Indy sculpts if you ask me) really does the figure a disservice.

I disagree. Dropping $150 on a piece that's got a paint job poorer than a $20-something Hasbro would release is what does the item a HUGE disservice.

The Toys Mccoy box still looks super, but the figure has now lost its pole position.
So much has changed in so little time...

I didn't pay anything like $150 for the figure -- or $130 for that matter -- just by looking carefully on eBay, but I know I was lucky with finding a very badly listed auction.

A bad sculpt cannot be fixed. A bad paint job, especially with the hair where no skill at all is involved in making it look better with a simple paint wash, is hardly a dealbreaker in my book and is not a fraction of the disservice as a sculpt that look nothing like the character/actor (like the ones that a certain other company with this same license continually turns out across its various lines) that cost not very much less.

Anyway, I think the paint on the head is a distraction from the parts of the figure that fail both in aesthetics and implementation like the the horrible cheap Indian belt that looks like something downloaded from a printables website and the lack of a hat or any other accessories than the Cross. Honestly, I really don't think the list price for this figure reflects it actual worth at all -- but it's the clothes and (lack of) gear that make the high price so annoying to me, not the body and certainly not the sculpt.

He does look like River Phoenix but, that paint is pretty bad..outfit looks alright though...he just needs more fudge on his face. :D

He does look like River Phoenix but, that paint is pretty bad..outfit looks alright though...he just needs more fudge on his face. :D

Medicom is sinking lower and lower in my opinion on quality. Hot Toys is still very impressive, although expensive. I'm still keeping my hopes up that Sideshow will keep producing at leaseta few more Indy figs (Mola Ram!) before they peter out. Toht is 85% really good and 15% Mediocre (the glasses).

I just think this doll's paint AND only one accessory...for $130+ is a complete rip-off. That's just my vote and I vote with my dollars....

:whip:gun

Back