Medicom Stands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those DID stands are a copy of the BBI stands, which are definitely the best out there. DID's base is round while BBI's is square and a little bigger overall. Good stuff.

Care to post how you customized you did stand? I really like it! :rock

Love DID stands too!!

Here's one of mine awaiting something special from Hurricane next week.

:chew:chew

DSC00683.jpg

Those DID stands are a copy of the BBI stands, which are definitely the best out there. DID's base is round while BBI's is square and a little bigger overall. Good stuff.

I gotta second that motion. I have every 1/6 stand on the market and in my opinion the BBI stand is the best if you want to put your figure in an "action" pose.
I think Sideshow's best stand were the ones they made for battle field environments, the ones that had aspects of brick or grass. It would be great if they kept making those stands, they tried something similar to the old stands with the Darth Vader figure.

Nothing brings out the beauty of a figure like a good stand.

One thing Sideshow's got right are their stands and I hope they never change them.

One thing Sideshow's got right are their stands and I hope they never change them.

Yeah, they're great. In fact, I wish they would sell the branded stands separate like they do with their standard "SSC" stands. I'd buy some extra SW stands for my Medicoms, some DEAD stands and more.

I still reckon they're very inferior compared to the bog-standard Kaiser brand doll stands which have (i) a nice small (& flat) footprint allowing for more figures per shelf. (ii) the gripping section is flat all the way up so it can slide under clothing such as cloaks, jackets etc. and (iii) they're as cheap as chips :)

Nick

Unless you are going for an extreme pose such as flying or leaping I think using stands are a waste of time,particularly with high end figures that have base bodies which are well balanced enough to stand freely in all kinds of poses without one.

Unless you are going for an extreme pose such as flying or leaping I think using stands are a waste of time,particularly with high end figures that have base bodies which are well balanced enough to stand freely in all kinds of poses without one.

That's all fine and dandy if you don't have too many figures, they're mostly behind glass doors, you've never accidently knocked a shelf etc.

For me though, stands are a necessity - lots of shelves, up to three deep of figures vintage, modern, custom... just one toppling could cause a catastrophic domino effect. As if the potential casualty list isn't scary enough the thought of not only broken accessories but all those others going astray in the hands of the dreaded floor pixies (I swear the little b*ggers nab Kotobukyia glasses before they've even hit the ground!) is enough to cause nightmares. Kaiser stands are a quick, cheap and, at times, almost invisible cure.

Nick

actualy, none oh my medicom figures are on stands. then again, they are all on my work table, so if the do fall over, the don't fall far.

I once thought like you but after having my fair share of shelf divers, stands have become a must-have.

IMO stands are necessary for large collections that you access often.

I'm always picking a figure up, changing the pose and putting it down. My shelves have somewhere around 100 figures so if one of them falls, there is a good chance more will follow, so stands are crucial for me.

Back