Medicom scale within itself?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cancel them all, kick yourself later. that always works. hehe

orbitingx said:
Yeah..... but it's like the same guy (clone) according to Lucas.

They should be in scale with each other at least.

I thought Jango was the clone? Boba is Jango's son, so maybe he grew up shorter than daddy. :confused:

coolkansaswind said:
they all are 11.5 ... even the clones ...

300mm=11.8 inches last time i checked.
Although i have never actually taken a ruler to one.

Jango is not a clone boba is a clone of jango(an unaltered clone..no growth enhancement)He sees him as a son

PosterBoyKelly said:
Don't care. Still rocks, scale don't matter when the figure is so sweeeeeeeet.

Exactly. I wish more people would stop obsessing over minor things like the slight lack of height and just enjoy Medicom figures for the way they are crafted and the fantastic poseability of the RAH base body instead of constantly banging on about their height compared to other companies 1/6 figures. The only way there will ever be perfect scaling is if each figure had it's own unique body type and that's never going to happen as the production costs would be sky high.

wofford29 said:
once was to many times:monkey1

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl NICE

Yeah anyway, Jango - regular guy, Boba - Unaltered clone of Jango called "son" Face it, Jango was awkward with the ladies. Or maybe he was gay (that is not an insult thought police!) and just wanted a kid. Or, most likely, an ego maniac who was too fast for love but wanted someone to carry on his legacy of getting jacked by Jedis.

I can understand your concerns about posing a Medi figure next to another Medi figure and the height looking wrong. It wouldn't be a big concern to me personally, but I do understand where you are coming from, in that the scale should be right between two characters made by the same company.

From what I can see though the Medicom official site states they are the same size and it's only the Sideshow site that is saying differently, personally I'd go with the Medi site explanation, because they are the official site of the people producing the figures.

Maybe when someone gets them both in hand we can see in a picture how they will look side by side. Until then you'd have to choose who you wanted to believe.

There's nothing wrong scale, unless you think that Boba and all the troopers in the OT are Jake Heke clones.

orbitingx said:
I'll take this as directed at me.First off i'm not obsessed with Medi-scale to SS-scale as much as i'm with Medi-Medi figures.I thought i made that clear in my first post.Everyone is entitled to their opinion.I was not aware all Medicom were no smaller than 11.8".Because these are $150.00 plus.Scale within a manufacturer or close does matter to me.Go ahead and Medi-flame away i could care less.

Take it that way if you want but it was more of a generalisation than directed at any specific person. Nearly every time someone criticises Medicom on this site it's because of the scale or the price and it would be nice to hear some more constructive criticism for a change. Maybe you didn't know this but most RAH figures can be made to a full 12 inches or more in height with the use of leg extenders and while not a perfect fix for all figures it does make a decent difference and is also incredibly easy to do. I'm sure the Clone Trooper will look fine alongside the other SW figures.

You know if he is shorter he would be better scale to the ROTJ Vader so if it's true about his height it won't be so bad because I think most will be displaying him next to Vader and not the ROTS Clone (which I don't think is that hot anyways).

Back