Medicom - RAH Re:Cyborg 009 Joe Shimamura 1/6 scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madnug

Super Freak
Reaction score
Got this from my comic store this week! Wasn't too excited when I saw the pictures from Medicom's site but being a big fan of Cyborg 009, I ordered it regardless. And the actual in hand product is quite amazing. Very light on accessories (only an extra pair of hands), but Medicom hands down has the best Anime likeness on 1/6 scale figures. Not much time to take more pics, so one single shot for now. Will try to do more later...

8641_10152535139155394_1158763819_n.jpg

Now, it makes me wanna go find 002, 003, and 004....

main-rah-02.jpg

I've been anticipating these for awhile. They look to be Medicom's finest work yet. I am very impressed with the tailoring and sculpts.

There is a little work out of the box thou. They used a weird body that has a really slim waist, but they put some padding around it to beef it back up. The belt is "buckled" too tight, making the jersey all cramped in. I removed the belt, actually took the whole jersey off, and used masking tape to secure that padding to the chest piece, then also put masking tape on the inside of the jersey to make it more flat and smooth (and to stiff it up a little too), and put the belt back on with one hole looser. That makes it look so much better.

One thing to note - the boots are actually in two separate parts - the shoe and the boot. Supposedly, it shall allow better articulation on the feet, but the way the shoes are moulded, it does not allow much movement.

The head is top notch. You see the highlight on his hair at the front, that is actually a spray-painted on highlight. Pretty nice touch and make it look more anime in 3D form.

Back