Medicom RAH 1/6 Alex DeLarge A Clockwork Orange

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow awesome! Huge surprise!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

It's got the usual semi-cartoony look of the Medicom figures, but it's a good likeness.
It's also got the usual expensive price tag of the Medicom figures, but it looks top notch in materials and fit.

I just read on Toyark that the hat is removable and it has moveable eyes. I just think the eye lashes are a bit too big.

13432416_1201411416566142_1294153623122670786_n.jpg

Gotta hand it for medicom.

They are still producing figures like its 2003-2004 era with no regards to competitors at all.

How did you arrive at that conclusion?
I'm well aware of Medicom's usual shortcomings, but from what little there is to see in the pics, it looks like an excellent figure. The cut and fit, as well as material of the outfit look great, the detail and paint apps on the head sculpt are clearly superior to '03-'04 standards...

I'm glad I held out from getting a customized set! Will all due respect to the talents of some (not all) customizers, IMO the economic forces behind licensed, massed produced figure sets will tend to give the official version an edge in terms of likeness and the authenticity factor, especially with accessories and box art. These are also in a sense recast-proof, since there's finally a vested legal interest on behalf of the licensee with the implied legal threat to larger outfits who recast. Henceforth, however, the same deterrent also applies to customizers, though in regard to Clockwork Orange, it's a bit too late in both cases of customizers and producers of unlicensed factory run sets due to the many iterations of Alex to come out up to this point.

will wait for inhand pics, the dif between proto and prod is huge from medicom i think. night and day.

Seems a bit pricey, if i can find a decent price i'll prob pick one up.

He looks like an Ape; definitely more stylized than I'd care for. But that's what Medicom does and it certainly appeals to their collectors.

Great news! Thank you, BurningRage! I never imagined too, Ex-Parrot.

Cap'n Cook, in the BBT site is wrote: "fully posable and about 11.80" (30cm) tall."

Even with the "semi-cartoony look" (as abake said) or "He looks like an Ape, definitely more stylized than I'd care for" (as said galactiboy), yet, the face is more similar and reminds me the young Malcolm McDowell than previous customs versions.

The accessories is based in the Rainman DX Version Custom. "I just read on Toyark that the hat is removable and it has moveable eyes." If it's possible, jungle jon, those who already have a custom figure, among others factors, will also go crazy, lol.

With an official/licensed product, will finally go down the inflated price of Rainman figure today and causing the most owners of this figure trying to sell as quickly as possible its your old versions to have the new??

Anyway (even taking into account the much lower price, around seven times lower compared to Rainman versions I found) I do prefer this figure than the customs!

Thank you Medicom, maybe the first of many official versions!

Back