Action Figure Medicom - MAFEX Star Wars line coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figures at Wonder Festival (Summer) 2014:

1406378949_5_7_268f442dff12d0507c5462913b6d44dc.jpg

1406378949_5_8_3cb3261fbed77ebd7917eb36853063e9.jpg

1406378949_5_9_47fe9a2c6d2c6d44ddff7490a81e5f64.jpg

Source: Gunjap.​

Is Vader asking for help or something?

:dunno

He's saying "Help me, my face is sore from being crammed into this tiny mask."

Can't wait for the 3 way review between revoltech, figuarts and mafex stormies. Mafex looks the best atm, appearance wise but I know figuarts make these things well so will have to see.

not at all in the 6" line and all those companies jumping in lately isn't helping. Far too many similar items available if you ask me. That might kill the market.

Every single one of these new 6" product lines looks craptastic, IMO. I can't even come to a decision on which is best and worst of the bunch.

Last edited:
You mean 1/12 right? :)

I think they look pretty good considering other products in this scale. I am a little worried about the proportions on Vader and that Stormtrooper head does look small. However, I think these capture the quality of Medicom's earlier 1/6 scale releases pretty well considering they are half the size. In fact, I think Vader's head is just a shrunken down version of the same 1/6 sculpt. I suspect that in hand, these will look a lot better than Hasbro's offerings.

You mean 1/12 right? :)

Oops. I actually meant to write 6"

I am a little worried about the proportions on Vader and that Stormtrooper head does look small.

The proportions for all of these guys are all over the map. How about the "Revoltech" series where it looks like every character has been replaced by a thin female fashion model wearing (feminine) SW-themed costumes? That includes Vader and the Stormtroopers.

However, I think these capture the quality of Medicom's earlier 1/6 scale releases

Which could by why these are lumped in with the other craptastic 6" figures. ;) I can't stand Medi's 1/6 SW figures, especially the Stormtrooper. That said, this one actually reminds me of the Kenner 3 3/4" figure from 1977. It looks like the head is fused to the shoulder armor.

I actually prefer Revoltech over these.

Kaiyodo have their unique take on stylizing characters, save us the trouble for accuracy debates :D

What's with the small things on the Stormtroopers? SSC 1:6 has a small cod piece, this one has a small head. Are these companies racist? :D

Vader should be taller and all the figures need bigger heads.

Unfortunately for those interested, someone in Medicom did the image with Vader in the wrong manner, since it contradicts the technical information between the two figures because there is a difference of 10 mm in height.

Strangely enough, I passed the above through Google translate using random destination languages 4 or 5 times, then back to English to produce this result:

Unfortunately for us this photo health is equipped with it, because it is contrary to technical information between the two numbers, because there is a height difference of 10 mm.

Back