Medicom Jack Bauer 21$

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've a few Medicom figures - Reloaded Neo, Jack Sparrow, Jack Bauer Season 5, Spiderman 2, Spiderman 3 Red Costume, Spiderman 3 Venom, Ginko from Mushishi, DBZ Goku and SS Goku, X2 Wolverine, Boba Fett off the top of my head. The only one that broke on me was Neo. I owned 3 of them and each one was broken out of the box.
I'm not saying people don't have worse luck with them than me but the Medicom breakage issue was the first thing that led me to believe some people on this board love to latch onto a negative and exaggerate the ____ out iof it.

Maybe. I've bought 4 medicom figures - Spiderman 3 red/blue, Spiderman 3 black suit, Peter Parker and Jack Bauer season 5 - and in fairness only 1 of those has broken (so far) - the Jack Bauer. It was broken on arrival, fortunately I only bought it for the clothes. Nevertheless I don't trust the Medicom body and don't do much in the way of reposing on those Spiderman figures.

I've a few Medicom figures - Reloaded Neo, Jack Sparrow, Jack Bauer Season 5, Spiderman 2, Spiderman 3 Red Costume, Spiderman 3 Venom, Ginko from Mushishi, DBZ Goku and SS Goku, X2 Wolverine, Boba Fett off the top of my head. The only one that broke on me was Neo. I owned 3 of them and each one was broken out of the box.
I'm not saying people don't have worse luck with them than me but the Medicom breakage issue was the first thing that led me to believe some people on this board love to latch onto a negative and exaggerate the ____ out iof it.

I wouldn't have so much of an issue with the breakage issue if medi bodies were readily available and the body types were recognisably consistent in scale and joint detail. So $21 for this figure does represent a good deal just for the body, but I couldn't tell you whether this RAH249 is compatible, for example, with the RAH301 the stormtroopers used. Every one of the four medicom figures I've owned were incompatible with one another parts-wise for one reason or another - different scale, joint construction etc.

If they weren't so expensive, and their bodies were as easily swapped as those of a lot of other brands, I'm sure medicom would get a lot more love :)

They absolutely deserve a negative reputation for the fragility of the bodies, particularly the older ones. I had to buy a new Medi body for my Neo and retrofit it so that I could even put his head on it.
I was just making the point that a lot of people who may or may not even own any medi figures exaggerate the negatives. Similar to the Hot Toys rubber bodies. People love to talk about how they disintegrate over time but there are very few documented cases of it actually happening.
Both things happen (Medi breakage more often) but people here love to grab a torch and pitchfork even if they've had no experience with the products.
In fact, lately I wonder how many people on this board actually own ANY Sideshow / HT / Medi products. Seems like a lot of people just regurgitate the same negative BS over and over without ever contributing any first hand info or pics, etc.

Also thought of a few more I owned - Death Note L and Yagami Raito - no breaks, but my second Spiderman 2 busted a hip, same as Neo.

Last edited by a moderator:
:D

35063747.af5bdd.jpg

This is a bargain..
..and a bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist. :)

Easy pass.

Does anybody have this figure? The ones shipped from Gohastings does not have the CTU lettering on the back of the vest. But the review at Michael Crawford's page shows that it does. https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_103107b.htm The whole reason why I bought it was for the vest, and it's not even what I expected.

Not only that, I bought 2 boxes and each box came with missing accessories. One box was missing the stand, the other box was missing the cell-phone. The seal on both boxes were opened. I have good experiences with Gohastings before, but this time, they are clearly selling used stuff as new. I guess you get what you pay for.

Wow, upon further inspection, one of the Bauer has a broken leg. I've emailed them requesting an entire refund. Their policy is refund less shipping, but I've requested strongly I want my shipping to be included and I want them to take responsibility of the cost for me to ship them back.

Unbelievable.

I have this figure. Even tho the sculpt and paint can not compare to Enterbay, I still prefer the hair style Medi gave him. Enterbay sculpt sorta looks like he has Corn Flakes on his head. :lol

Camerapictures2008216.jpg

Camerapictures2008226.jpg

Camerapictures2008264.jpg

Camerapictures2008256.jpg

Does anybody have this figure? The ones shipped from Gohastings does not have the CTU lettering on the back of the vest. But the review at Michael Crawford's page shows that it does. https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_103107b.htm The whole reason why I bought it was for the vest, and it's not even what I expected.

Not only that, I bought 2 boxes and each box came with missing accessories. One box was missing the stand, the other box was missing the cell-phone. The seal on both boxes were opened. I have good experiences with Gohastings before, but this time, they are clearly selling used stuff as new. I guess you get what you pay for.

I got a good deal for a little over 20 bucks; keifer looks great holding the sideshow mini scotch bottle (wasn't going to pay 100+ for the enterbay version)...just got mine and it had all the acces. and no broken parts. It is not supposed to have the CTU letters printed on the back. This is the Medicom figure distributed by gentle giants. The review may be the Japanese version sold in Japan (or imported here). There are other reviews online showing this version without the lettering.

Oh, by the way new poster! :wave:wave:wave

Last edited:
Back