Medicom Indy VCD!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think its mostly the face. I don't collect the VCD, but think they are fun... but this one looks like a Disney character more than Indy.

I just found this at : https://www.throwmetheidol.com/
medicom_vcd_indy.jpg

That is THE BEST Indy collectible I have ever seen. I am buying 2 at the first chance I get.

You CAN NOT call yourself an Indy fan if you don't like this VCD.

im sure 80% of you talking ^^^^ now, will end up buying it. :lol

Yeah, I DO hate all of the super-deformed VCDs. In fact, I'm shocked to actually like some of the Mighty Muggs (though I know they're technically a different "genre" of collectible).

I just don't get a sense of Indy from this item. At all. In fact, every time I look at it my first instinct is "Woody" from TOY STORY.

Plus, it will be $60-$70 or some such ridiculous price. Easy pass. :rolleyes:

Same feeling here. The VCD line is usually ok to me, I appreciate the artistry in it. I would never buy them... but I understand the appeal in a way. But this one just doesn't have that Indy vibe, it doesn't even look like a caricature of Indy... none of the defining characteristics seem to be there facially. The costume seems ok, not perfect.. but ok.

But a dud for sure, none of the same artistic values that saved some of the other releases so far...

I like it but I like the VCD figures in general. I totally get an Indy vibe from it and look forward to adding this to the collection.

The thing I don't like about it is that it's not deformed enough - still recognisably human. I like Mighty Muggs and Kubricks because they smooth out human features, sticking them to a basic template, and therefore offering something completely different from 3 3/4" action figures and 1/6 scale figures. Adventure Heroes do the same to a lesser extent - they're individually sculpted but always in exactly the same way (same stance, same kind of face). Here the face is actually sculpted to look like an individual face, and I just find it a bit boring.

BTW anyone know when the Kubrick Indy is coming out?

Back