medicom indy 50% off at BBTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a pretty decent price, but I can't bring myself to buy it. All the Medicom Indy figures seem to be 50%, including Young Indy and Henry.

If you collect Medicom and enjoy the style its a great price... but I just can't get enthused about them even at these prices.

I just noticed that BBTS still has the Takara Indy up for preorder. That thing just won't die.

I'm a little tempted by the Medicom Mutt Williams because I'd like to make a Sam Witwicky custom, but $75 is still kind of pricey.

I'm a little tempted by the Medicom Mutt Williams because I'd like to make a Sam Witwicky custom, but $75 is still kind of pricey.

That Mutt pompadour would be quite a pain to deal with when doing the Sam custom, but I thought of doing one too.

I bought one :confused: I thought the medicom rah version was supposed to be the best likeness... and lots of accessories. Did I make a bad choice? :monkey2

I bought one :confused: I thought the medicom rah version was supposed to be the best likeness... and lots of accessories. Did I make a bad choice? :monkey2
It is very subjective, of course, but the consensus view amongst board members here is that the Sideshow version is the one to own. The Medicom version might have a slightly better likeness than the Sideshow version given the factory paint job, but that is debatable. Certainly, the Medicom version looks far more cartoony, as almost all Medicom figures do. I don't think the Medicom Indy has a separately sculpted head with hat, so it may not look as natural when the hat is on.

I don't know all that the Medicom version comes with, but I can't imagine he comes with as much as the Sideshow version.

No worries, you could always return it if you don't like how it looks in-hand. A lot of people don't like Medicom's RAH figures because of their anime/stylized feel, under-scaled bodies, mediocre paint apps, and super high prices. I for one think some of their figures are great, and they can put out a good human-based fig (see TDK Batman). I think a lot of their sculpts are right on, but could use repaints. So when you get it, if you like it, then good on ya.

Those are very good prices, and I've been considering picking up the Henry Jones and Young Indy and customizing a "1912 Father and Son" pair. But, alas, I just can't seem to pull the trigger.

-

Thanks for the insight fellas... I think I saw a positive review on a toy blog a few days ago which had stuck with me. Then BBTS today, and I'm a sucker for a pressure sale :duh- I should have done more research first.
I think I'll cancel then and get the store credit instead just to be safe.

Mulling over the Raiders Indy, but like most here, just can't seem to pull the trigger. I'd like to own it, but don't really need it, as the Sideshow Raiders Indy is good enough.

Well, it doesn't look like BBTS is having their 50 percent off sale anymore, but they finally have dropped Belloq low enough ($59) to entice me to finally pick it up. Not Sideshow's best work, but I wanted it in the collection regardless.

Back