Medicom Darth Vader question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Votan

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am thinking of buying the Medicom Darth Vader, however, I have come across an oddity that I can't seem to find any discussion on via google. In the review I came across, here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_080105a.htm

Vader's cloak looks extremely brown in many of the pictures. Is this the case with the Medicom Vader? I really like the look and quality of the figure, but a brown cape, cloak, etc. wouldn't please me. Thanks for any light you can shed on the situation.

I've got it, and it's completely black. I think the colour in those photos must just be a quirk of the flash photography. I suppose that compared to the shiny armour, helmet etc it's not as pitch black, but it's certainly not brown.

It's one of my favourite figures but you should be aware that it is not really in scale with Sideshow's figures. Doesn't bother me, but it bothers some people so I thought I should mention it.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Sorry about posting in the wrong section, I'll get used to the forum, I promise!

I have both Medicom Vader versions and capes are black in both cases. They are among my favorite figures too and as DSD said it is not really in scale with Sideshow figures. Get it if you find it at a good price, the removable mask and cool details on armor makes it a nice figure.

You might want to be aware of some QC issues. Most folks seem to get perfect versions but when getting a used one watch out for deteriorating suit and rusty cape chain.

Don't buy it if you are planning on displaying him with Sideshow starwars figures as he would look like a smurf in disguise. Here's a comparison shot: (Picture is from Toyhaven.blogspot.com)

sideshow%20medicom.jpg

Left Sideshow, right Medicom. Also the Medicom Smurf has deteriorating problems on the suit as Lejuan has stated, it starts to flake and the rust in the chain it's also another problem, mine was like this when I bought it NEW! :S . I should have saved a little bit more for the sideshow Darth Vader. If you already know about all these issues, then omit this reply.

Don't buy it if you are planning on displaying him with Sideshow starwars figures as he would look like a smurf in disguise. Here's a comparison shot: (Picture is from Toyhaven.blogspot.com)

sideshow%20medicom.jpg

Left Sideshow, right Medicom. Also the Medicom Smurf has deteriorating problems on the suit as Lejuan has stated, it starts to flake and the rust in the chain it's also another problem, mine was like this when I bought it NEW! :S . I should have saved a little bit more for the sideshow Darth Vader. If you already know about all these issues, then omit this reply.

That's all the reason right there to forego the Medicom version.

well that didn't take long to turn into a SS vs Medi thread :lol

Lol, well, that wasn't my intention, I was just voicing my frustrations at medicom's piece of crap, or at least the piece of crap I got.

Aside from the problems it has, I think it looks good if you are displaying him alone far away from other real 1/6 scale figures, the details are ok as well as the painting, it's the height that bothers me the most, not even the flaking really.

I have both the Medi's and I had no problems, both have some uber cool details.

Attachments

• battle-droid-statue_jpg.jpg
    battle-droid-statue_jpg.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 9
I've got one as well that I'm in the process of swapping to a superior Hot toys slim type body... if i can find one at retail.
also swapping out the body suit for one of the ( gasp) hasbro ones.

mine had started to deteriorate, and the medi version is just a LITTLE too small for the hot toys slim body.

Back