Medicom Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know, the only CGI with Maul was his obvious death fall, and the stunt where he falls from the platform like 80 feet, but even that he really made the jump and they used CG to insert that footage into the scene. A few flips were aided by hydraulic catapults and the rest was his natural moves. Ray Park defined Darth Maul.

Thanx.... I knew a the usual stunt tricks had been used etc. and had a vague memory of some placement fixes with computer -- Ray Park is DA MAN!!!!:maul

One of the things I loved about Maul when I first saw TPM, I'd explain why I liked him and being an excited teenager I'm like's he's just flipping and kicking and all kinds of crazy ^^^^ and he doesn't even have to.

Probably my favorite Maul moment is towards the start of the duel, Qui-Gon's out of the way a moment, Maul does this crazy side flip away from Obi-Wan, then he hurls the battle droid at the doors and Forces them open while glaring down Obi-Wan with a vile grin and then he powerfully swings his saber from held behind him to in front and does a twirl just before Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon take a swing at him, so awesome.

lucas shouldn't care who's the more popular villian.. your getting a fat check *L*

i think once we learned vader's origin he lose some cool points. it's like learning about who a wrestler is off stage.. ehhh.. Keep selling the fantasy. seriously.

Does anyone want to what Emp Pal does on the weekends or such ? I don't . VILLIANS need to be Mysterious, only create depth for the villain if it shows how evil they are or such !!!

But Already know. On the weekends Palps and Cobra Commander go out to the park and Kick puppies. Every now and then, Joker comes allong, and they go off stealing Kids Report cards.

( If you don't get it, those are both OLD comic references :LOL)

backtracking a bit. On the luke/ Vader in Ep4 thing. No, vader did not know untill sometime AFTER ANH. In the EU, the rebellion treats the battle That one man destroyes the imperail super-weapon with one shot is pushed as an example of what one person can do. Also, as luke has no family that can be hurt by the empire, His name gets put out there as a rallying point for those opressed by the empire.
THAT is how vader learns of his existance.
Also, Luke "whoops up on" vader in splinter of the minds eye due mostly to his having the splinter, which was basicly a "force focusing gem" that makes the user more powerful in the force than they already are.
kinda cheasy book, but it's from the 70's so it's not so bad.

backtracking a bit. On the luke/ Vader in Ep4 thing. No, vader did not know untill sometime AFTER ANH. In the EU, the rebellion treats the battle That one man destroyes the imperail super-weapon with one shot is pushed as an example of what one person can do. Also, as luke has no family that can be hurt by the empire, His name gets put out there as a rallying point for those opressed by the empire.
THAT is how vader learns of his existance.
Also, Luke "whoops up on" vader in splinter of the minds eye due mostly to his having the splinter, which was basicly a "force focusing gem" that makes the user more powerful in the force than they already are.
kinda cheasy book, but it's from the 70's so it's not so bad.

thank you :)

What people were saying about old folks being unrealistic, here's an interesting fact...

QUI-GON WAS 60 YEARS OLD IN TPM!!!

i didn't think Dooku did much over the top stuff.. just that flip off the ledge in ROTS, everything else was just enhanced relaxes to be able to block and strike back at obi and anakin. He wasn't going all Jet li or Jackie Chan. then again if you look at the stuff Jackie can do.. then you combine it with Force abilities . Is what Dooku, Yoda and Palp really that hard to believe ?

It's also important to remember that Dooku's fighting style was unlike any used by the Jedi in that period. His was totally focused on combat with other lightsabers (the books call it "form II"), while all the other Jedi concentrated on fighting blasters and similar weapons. His was a light, deft style of fencing which really doesn't require a lot of strength but instead employs an unbelievable deftness and hand and quickness of attack. You mainly see the difference in how he generally fights with only one hand, hence his curved hilt--it makes his style much more agile in the wrist and hand.

Interestingly enough, Ki-Adi-Mundi is the only other Jedi to use a similar, one-handed style. It may be an old man's way of fighting, but against other lightsabers, there's no beating it.

It's also important to remember that Dooku's fighting style was unlike any used by the Jedi in that period. His was totally focused on combat with other lightsabers (the books call it "form II"), while all the other Jedi concentrated on fighting blasters and similar weapons. His was a light, deft style of fencing which really doesn't require a lot of strength but instead employs an unbelievable deftness and hand and quickness of attack. You mainly see the difference in how he generally fights with only one hand, hence his curved hilt--it makes his style much more agile in the wrist and hand.

Interestingly enough, Ki-Adi-Mundi is the only other Jedi to use a similar, one-handed style. It may be an old man's way of fighting, but against other lightsabers, there's no beating it.

It's funny...you never see a sith have to deflect blaster fire with a lightsaber. It is only the Jedi that are getting shot at... (besides Vader getting shot at by Han)

It's funny...you never see a sith have to deflect blaster fire with a lightsaber. It is only the Jedi that are getting shot at... (besides Vader getting shot at by Han)

And Vader has magic hands...

Now imagine Maul trying to deflect blaster fire...tricky, but not impossible...

:maul

An unlikely Duo

006-14.jpg

013-2.jpg

Last edited:
And Vader has magic hands...

Now imagine Maul trying to deflect blaster fire...tricky, but not impossible...

:maul

darth vader has armored gaunlets and his suit is pressured where he can survive in space for a brief amount of time with out a uhh suit.. well extra space suit :)

well the sith were "gone" for like a 1000 yrs all you had left was Jedi.. who were/ are like space cops.
"So that's why jedi had to learn to deflect blasts.. *cheese grin*

I always thought Vader was using the Force to absorb/deflect the shots...

That's what I always thought:confused:

That scene always reminded me of the old Superman shows where somebody would empty a revolver at Superman and he would just stand there and get shot. Then the shooter would throw the gun at him and he would move out the way of the gun!:lol

Back