Medicom Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh come on, even though it's non-cannon, the cyborg maul design was just plane awesome. atlkeast to me :)

I mean, look at him
attachment.php

attachment.php

Instead of growing a mustache or beard, just to show his living on the edge lifestyle, his horns get bigger and longer. More badass..or should I say, hornass? Either way, great design for Cyborg Maul.

Actualy, in the comic in question, He fights geriactric kenobi. Guess what. He gets his as handed to him, AGAIN. Ben cuts off one of his Horns, and his hand, and has maul at his mercy, Can't decide to kill him or not....
And Owen Lars shoots Maul in the face.

not like Maul could have beat Ben.. cause well we know robo Vader "kills" obi

the 10 plus yes that pass this robo maul might have been hell on wheels it's just in the end he's not better then Obi.

It was stated in an interview that Lucas was afraid that Maul was going to overtake Vader in terms of popularity during the filming of ep1 and that lucas would not have it.Hence having maul axed early.(and he probably would've came close if he woulda had a more expanded role in ep2 and then met his maker in ep3.Woulda meant a lot more to anakins turn and woulda just been plain cooler throughout)

(don't ask me where i got that from i can't remember it was years ago,take it as you will)
lucas shouldn't care who's the more popular villian.. your getting a fat check *L*

i think once we learned vader's origin he lose some cool points. it's like learning about who a wrestler is off stage.. ehhh.. Keep selling the fantasy. seriously.

Does anyone want to what Emp Pal does on the weekends or such ? I don't . VILLIANS need to be Mysterious, only create depth for the villain if it shows how evil they are or such !!!

lucas shouldn't care who's the more popular villian.. your getting a fat check *L*

i think once we learned vader's origin he lose some cool points. it's like learning about who a wrestler is off stage.. ehhh.. Keep selling the fantasy. seriously.

Does anyone want to what Emp Pal does on the weekends or such ? I don't . VILLIANS need to be Mysterious, only create depth for the villain if it shows how evil they are or such !!!

Good points, but that also opens up the difference in perspective on the Saga.

In the Lucas' mind, Vader is not a villain, he's a tragic hero with a rise, fall and redemption. Truly, the real villain of Star Wars is Palpatine, and his story is handled well, you only really see glimpses that show his crafty, manipulative nature but you don't delve much into who is Palpatine. Unfortunately for Lucas, he set Darth Vader up as primarily a villain by doing part 4-6 of the story first. Had part 1-3 come first, I'm not sure people would have viewed Vader as the primary villain in part 4-6, at least not in the same manner as anyone that grew up with 4-6 first came to know him.

Like it or not, and as a Maul fanatic I don't like it to an extent, Lucas' story he wanted to make was the rise, fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker and understandably so, if a villain like Maul were more prominent in the PT, Anakin's story could have been lost to the cool, badass evil guy, so to protect what he felt should be the focus of the story, he generated some lackluster and sorely underused characters with a great deal of potential and used them as little as he had to.

Good points, but that also opens up the difference in perspective on the Saga.

In the Lucas' mind, Vader is not a villain, he's a tragic hero with a rise, fall and redemption. Truly, the real villain of Star Wars is Palpatine, and his story is handled well, you only really see glimpses that show his crafty, manipulative nature but you don't delve much into who is Palpatine. Unfortunately for Lucas, he set Darth Vader up as primarily a villain by doing part 4-6 of the story first. Had part 1-3 come first, I'm not sure people would have viewed Vader as the primary villain in part 4-6, at least not in the same manner as anyone that grew up with 4-6 first came to know him.

Like it or not, and as a Maul fanatic I don't like it to an extent, Lucas' story he wanted to make was the rise, fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker and understandably so, if a villain like Maul were more prominent in the PT, Anakin's story could have been lost to the cool, badass evil guy, so to protect what he felt should be the focus of the story, he generated some lackluster and sorely underused characters with a great deal of potential and used them as little as he had to.

ohh well maybe some writer can help make Robo Maul cool, i liked the concept and felt it could do for him what EU did for Fett

speaking of no ^^^^^.. does mech Darth Vader have one ?? I felt if he could get laid it would make him "less" evil.
ALSO did Darth know who Luke was in the first movie ??
To me all villians if they go plastic surgery( Batman's rogue gallery especially) might just drop the whole villian thing.. get a partner and live on a farm or in a log cabin in the woods :)

ALSO did Darth know who Luke was in the first movie ??

In my opinion, no, even watching 1-3. As far as Vader knew, Padme and their child died in ROTS, so Vader was never actively seeking out of someone was his child. Way I see it, between A New Hope and Empire, Vader discovers the Rebel that destroyed the Death Star Was named Skywalker and knew it was his child. That opinion's based on how the films unfold. I think had Lucas done the films in numerical order, he would have known in ANH that Luke was his son and possibly Leia his daughter, but the events of the saga don't allow for that possibility because his actions towards both in ANH is of a hostile nature, like they're his enemy, whereas in ESB and ROTJ, Vader, while slavishly obedient to Palpatine, does resist and doesn't want to hurt Luke because of the light side still inside him.

In my opinion, no, even watching 1-3. As far as Vader knew, Padme and their child died in ROTS, so Vader was never actively seeking out of someone was his child. Way I see it, between A New Hope and Empire, Vader discovers the Rebel that destroyed the Death Star Was named Skywalker and knew it was his child. That opinion's based on how the films unfold. I think had Lucas done the films in numerical order, he would have known in ANH that Luke was his son and possibly Leia his daughter, but the events of the saga don't allow for that possibility because his actions towards both in ANH is of a hostile nature, like they're his enemy, whereas in ESB and ROTJ, Vader, while slavishly obedient to Palpatine, does resist and doesn't want to hurt Luke because of the light side still inside him.

Sodoes reading or knowning aboutthe bookthattakes place between 4 and 5 .. make you veiw the saber battlke in 5 any differently ? in the book l luke beat vader big time to the point he took off vaders whole arm.

I agree, Vader knew the guy he was firing at in the Death Star trench was force sensitive, but not his son. Once Vader found out, he was trying to keep knowledge of his son from the Emperor as long as he could. I always wondered what happened to all the children that were born "force sensitive" under the Empire? Were they killed or taken from their parents because they were seen as a threat?

Sodoes reading or knowning aboutthe bookthattakes place between 4 and 5 .. make you veiw the saber battlke in 5 any differently ? in the book l luke beat vader big time to the point he took off vaders whole arm.

Never read Splinter of the Mind's Eye, at least I assume that's the novel you're referring too. I've read Shadows of the Empire but it really didn't have any effect on my pereception of 5 and 6. Clone Wars cartoon is the only EU stuff that's affected my perception because, at least with the Cartoon Network show, the storylines were developed in conjuction with the films so there was give and take on both sides, where the novels in between the OT parts were done well after the films, so I see them more as interpretations of what could have taken place in between where CW is definitively what Lucas feels happened between 2 and 3.

I always wondered what happened to all the children that were born "force sensitive" under the Empire? Were they killed or taken from their parents because they were seen as a threat?

Well, going by the story laid out in the OT, Obi-Wan and Yoda were all that was left of the Jedi, I would say nothing happened with them because Palpatine would see no threat if there was no one to teach them and as far as he knew, Yoda was nowhere to be found and nor was Obi-Wan. However, discussing this point makes me wonder if the live action series will delve any into Obi-Wan and Yoda relative to Vader and Palpatine; I would think the Sith would hunt those 2 down knowing how strong they were and that they COULD threaten them in some manner, yet in ANH it's like Vader just fluffs off Obi-Wan as no threat, perhaps just Sith ignorance that 2 Jedi could never defeat them.

Well, going by the story laid out in the OT, Obi-Wan and Yoda were all that was left of the Jedi, I would say nothing happened with them because Palpatine would see no threat if there was no one to teach them and as far as he knew, Yoda was nowhere to be found and nor was Obi-Wan. However, discussing this point makes me wonder if the live action series will delve any into Obi-Wan and Yoda relative to Vader and Palpatine; I would think the Sith would hunt those 2 down knowing how strong they were and that they COULD threaten them in some manner, yet in ANH it's like Vader just fluffs off Obi-Wan as no threat, perhaps just Sith ignorance that 2 Jedi could never defeat them.

Elp had forces enstive people killed, trained to be part of his royal guards* the red dudes* or trained to be mercenaries. from what i've read Most Force senstives left untrained never reached a Jedi or padawan level mainly they became mercenaries who could do a force push/pull and had low level future sight like a few second in the future which gave them a great advantage in fighting

well yoda lived in that tree because that area was rich in dark side energies so it hide his lightside powers from being "visible"

I wanna know why lucas can't admitt that that part 4 didn't have the money or the foresight to have a highly acrobatic saber battle like in 1-3. He uses the excuse darth and obi are old and weak. Yet Vader could hold his own against boba fett. also Count Dooku who had to be like 70 was putting the smack on obi and anakin. So why is elder obi such a punk ?
yes i know i'm sooo behind onthis ^^^^^^ fests *LOL*

Last edited:
well yoda lived in that tree because that area was rich in dark side energies so it hide his lightside powers from being "visible"

I wanna know why lucas can't admitt that that part 4 didn't have the money or the foresight to have a highly acrobatic saber battle like in 1-3. He uses the excuse darth and obi are old and weak. Yet Vader could hold his own against boba fett. also Count Dooku who had to be like 70 was putting the smack on obi and anakin. So why is elder obi such a punk ?
yes i know i'm sooo behind onthis ^^^^^^ fests *LOL*

See, using that comparison, I actually think Dooku is in the wrong, he was too acrobatic and at times unbelievable. Even in a world where a person can backflip 30 feet in the air, a 70 year old man doing it seems unbelievable, and even Yoda being as limber as he was felt like a bit of a stretch, and Palpatine. I think the Episode 4 duel was believable and some of the elements of the PT duels with the older folks was unbelievable.

See, using that comparison, I actually think Dooku is in the wrong, he was too acrobatic and at times unbelievable. Even in a world where a person can backflip 30 feet in the air, a 70 year old man doing it seems unbelievable, and even Yoda being as limber as he was felt like a bit of a stretch, and Palpatine. I think the Episode 4 duel was believable and some of the elements of the PT duels with the older folks was unbelievable.

Dooku didn't always jump around which is what kept it believable for me...same with Yoda...he walked with a cane usually, but only jumps when he has to...unlike Darth Maul, who flies around all over the place...

It's because he can...

Say, when was the last post about Medicom Darth Maul?

To me i figured the force boosted their ability,So a jedi/sith gets older his/her control and knowledge of the force gets stronger. so that's why a 70 yr old can smack around a 30 yr old in battle and force technique. So the battles are less about fighting skill and more about the force.

For me as well the extreme fights where over the top for the older characters except maybe palps & yoda as they where the ultimate force users of their time. Dooku just took the old guy flexibility to far IMO - While I would of liked OT ANH fight to be a bit more action packed taking it to PT level for that age character would not sit well with me. I think Mauls moves worked best because there was no CGI work on him (I don't think anyway) and looked natural...
but any way how about that Maul

I think Mauls moves worked best because there was no CGI work on him (I don't think anyway) and looked natural...
but any way how about that Maul

As far as I know, the only CGI with Maul was his obvious death fall, and the stunt where he falls from the platform like 80 feet, but even that he really made the jump and they used CG to insert that footage into the scene. A few flips were aided by hydraulic catapults and the rest was his natural moves. Ray Park defined Darth Maul.

Back