Medicom Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you've ever read the story 'Old Wounds' in the Star Wars Visionaries book, it shows a Maul that survived TPM, with new cyborg legs fighting an old Obi-Wan...

Someone made a flash cartoon of it...it's non-canon, but pretty damn cool:

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/321197

Much as I love Maul, I'm glad they never brought him back in that capacity, it would have come off as bogus in my mind, or it would have been done like Grevious and Vader, at which point Maul still wouldn't look or likely fight like he did in TPM and that's what I liked. Better he be dead than used poorly.

As for the idea of Lucas not wanting Maul to overshadow Vader and in turn Anakin's story, I can sort of understand that, but at the same time I think most watch the OT and find the story more about Luke than Anakin/Vader's story, so even if Maul was really popular, I don't think it would've hurt the story of the PT in any way.

Much as I love Maul, I'm glad they never brought him back in that capacity, it would have come off as bogus in my mind, or it would have been done like Grevious and Vader, at which point Maul still wouldn't look or likely fight like he did in TPM and that's what I liked. Better he be dead than used poorly.

As for the idea of Lucas not wanting Maul to overshadow Vader and in turn Anakin's story, I can sort of understand that, but at the same time I think most watch the OT and find the story more about Luke than Anakin/Vader's story, so even if Maul was really popular, I don't think it would've hurt the story of the PT in any way.

I agree...as cool as he is, all his ressurection stuff does belong in the EU...

It doesn't stop it being kickass though...

Now Grievous vs Vader would be a fight I'd to see...

helll yeaa maul is my favorite character in the hole STAR WARS saga.

He is just so EVIL under the hood.

well looks like that guy on ebay will never send my medi maul or my money :(
I hope he goes bankrupt and he is forced to leave under a bridge
but there is no way I am passing on the maul fig.
Just orderd it from sideshow.

will be here next week with the WOLF predator HT.
cant wait to do the videos.

oh come on, even though it's non-cannon, the cyborg maul design was just plane awesome. atlkeast to me :)

I mean, look at him
attachment.php

attachment.php

The Real Darth Maul would own him, the main point to darth maul is that hes fast and moves around quickly, and is ^^^^^ hot with his light saber

Quick question i carnt decide with Darth maul to buy

Sideshows looks a little big

gentle giants looks a bit boring like hes waiting for a bus

Any ideas guys?

:lsvader

oh come on, even though it's non-cannon, the cyborg maul design was just plane awesome. atlkeast to me :)

I mean, look at him
attachment.php

attachment.php

It is a very cool design, but it isn't Darth Maul anymore, to me, it's something else. Now, take the design and use it as a basis for another character with some mods to the Maul-specific parts, and you've got something.

To me, the best bet for a cyborg Maul would be like Vader, traditional humanoid parts, same costume as TPM, the works, that I could accept but not these abominations.

The Real Darth Maul would own him, the main point to darth maul is that hes fast and moves around quickly, and is ^^^^^ hot with his light saber

Any ideas guys?

I would get medicom maul.
I think he is the best maul figure to get.
The face looks awsome.

Any ideas guys?

that was the point of his "special" bionics in the comic, he was just as fast as he was before he lost his limbs.

Nice neck brace. Is that to keep Mr Kenobi from breaking his neck next time around?

Kenobi > Anakin and Grievous > Maul

Actualy, in the comic in question, He fights geriactric kenobi. Guess what. He gets his as handed to him, AGAIN. Ben cuts off one of his Horns, and his hand, and has maul at his mercy, Can't decide to kill him or not....
And Owen Lars shoots Maul in the face.

According to the story, this IS the real Darth Maul...he survives Theed, and tracks down Obi-Wan...

Then gets his ass handed to him...again...

Although it's non-canon, so are the infinities books, and they're just superb...

It's kinda pointless to bring the character back and kill him off right away.
As the movies turned out mauls early exit was a blessing in disguise hehehe.
I think the robo maul design is interesting looking but why bring the character back only to kill him off again?

It's kinda pointless to bring the character back and kill him off right away.
As the movies turned out mauls early exit was a blessing in disguise hehehe.
I think the robo maul design is interesting looking but why bring the character back only to kill him off again?

So he can kill Watto. :rolleyes:

According to the story, this IS the real Darth Maul...he survives Theed, and tracks down Obi-Wan...

Then gets his ass handed to him...again...

Although it's non-canon, so are the infinities books, and they're just superb...

i tell you why hes not as good... his horns are longer suggesting hes not swinging his lightsaber as close to his body.. lol or he needs to borrow hellboys grinder :D

Back