Medicom Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ven, just checking here, ok?
Sideshow Maul costumeing, Medi maul head, hands, and body?

medicom head, body, hand and inner shirt.

I ripped off the little cloth part of the SST belt... and the outer robe is SST... the bulk of this figure is medicom..

I meant to say that I broke the back connecter part of the belt while taking it off the buck body..

altered SST boots... still not happy with them.. but heres a quick pick.

Picture096.jpg

Those figure combine quite nicely, don't they?

Edit - Nice work, by the way.

Now I would like to see someone put all of the parts from these 2 figures together that are the lesser of the parts and see how that one looks.

Looks real nice man... but how did you get all those pieces?!? Seems like he wouldn't be a figure likely to be parted out.

Simple. I'm making a Maul from the following parts,

head = DarthCallous custom sculpt
body = Volks Neo Guy
attire = SSC undershirt (Medicom one wouldn't fit the bulkier Volks body),SSC belt, Medicom tunic,outer robe/cloak & boots
hands = custom one piece gloves with bendy fingers (not yet done)
Weapons & accessories = SSC sabers & Medicom binoculars

Here's an in progress pic,

maulcustom.jpg

I had no need for the remaining Medicom parts and worked out a trade with Snakebeater where he got the Maul parts and I got his Asajj Ventress with an awesome repainted head. Incidentally I also still have the following SSC Maul parts,

Head & body
all the hands
tunic
outer robe/cloak
boots
binoculars

If anyone wants any of them just send me a PM.

maulcustom.jpg

I like to think that was Ray Park's reaction when he found out Lucas was going to have him go out like a b*tch in Episode I. :lol

maulcustom.jpg

I like to think that was Ray Park's reaction when he found out Lucas was going to have him go out like a b*tch in Episode I. :lol

i had so hoped Mual would gain a fan following like fett..
but once i saw he only had like 5 lines .. i knew he was just a Red shirt on the wrong sci fi movie *L*

i had so hoped Mual would gain a fan following like fett..
but once i saw he only had like 5 lines .. i knew he was just a Red shirt on the wrong sci fi movie *L*

He was a lackey and got a lackey's death. Simple as that...

He was a lackey and got a lackey's death. Simple as that...

Blasphemy :lol He was just a lackey, but that's Lucas' fault for developing him that way. You had well played, well stylized villain, but he was written as a mere element of the film and not really a character, so unfortunately he was tossed at like yesterday's garbage. Realistically, there was nothing all that great about Dooku or the Separatist plotline that couldn't have been redone to make Maul the Sith apprentice up until the duel on Grievous' ship in ROTS. I think it would have been a bigger victory for Anakin to defeat Maul than Dooku. Dooku's duels always fate light Obi-Wan and Anakin were downplaying their strength and skill, whereas DOTF felt like all 3 were giving it their all up until the shady flip move to kill Maul off.

Blasphemy :lol He was just a lackey, but that's Lucas' fault for developing him that way. You had well played, well stylized villain, but he was written as a mere element of the film and not really a character, so unfortunately he was tossed at like yesterday's garbage. Realistically, there was nothing all that great about Dooku or the Separatist plotline that couldn't have been redone to make Maul the Sith apprentice up until the duel on Grievous' ship in ROTS. I think it would have been a bigger victory for Anakin to defeat Maul than Dooku. Dooku's duels always fate light Obi-Wan and Anakin were downplaying their strength and skill, whereas DOTF felt like all 3 were giving it their all up until the shady flip move to kill Maul off.

It was pretty instense...but unfortunately Maul wan't much of a talker, which means that he couldn't fill the role Dooku did...he still kicks ass, and I like to think most of those non-canon resurrection stories are actually canon. If you like Maul, which I guess you do, hence the name, the EU is great for filling in his character...just a shame that wasn't carried over to the movie...still badass in the film though...

I didn't mean to offend. :lol I also agree that Maul could have been substituted for Dooku, but TPM would have need to be reworked to accommodate this. Maul was an intense, awesome idea that wasn't carried through to fruition and I would have loved to see more of him. Unfortunately, he was written as another of George's "throw away villains " (Jango, Boba, Grevious).

All the villains in the prequels are chumps. If maul wasn't killed in TPM he'd have died in the opening of AOTC. Villains sell merchandise though so Lucas and co. made a bunch of em. That mentality seriously hurt the prequel storyline but what didn't?

I think it went beyond merchandising. In every movie, a bad guy has to die. Maul was in the wrong place at the wrong time. And he was a victim of happienditis.

It was stated in an interview that Lucas was afraid that Maul was going to overtake Vader in terms of popularity during the filming of ep1 and that lucas would not have it.Hence having maul axed early.(and he probably would've came close if he woulda had a more expanded role in ep2 and then met his maker in ep3.Woulda meant a lot more to anakins turn and woulda just been plain cooler throughout)

(don't ask me where i got that from i can't remember it was years ago,take it as you will)

Back